Polynesian Resort Stay

nicolej92

Mouseketeer
We are hopefully renting DVC for next November at the Polynesian for our (kind of) one year anniversary trip! I am just waiting to confirm next month if we get it or not!

We are honestly kind of parked-out because all of our vacations have been from early AM to late PM in the parks. We will probably do a day in MK, a day in Epcot, and maybe MVMCP, but the rest of our days will be rest and relaxation!

How do you spend your resort days?!

Many, many things I'm leaving off below, but some quick thoughts...

A little of this...
Poly Relax.jpeg

Maybe have a little lunch sitting outside at Cap't Cooks...(that's the castle in the distance)....
IMG_1232.jpg

Or better yet, I'd rather have lunch here (Oasis Bar & Grill at the Oasis Pool)....
IMG_0757.jpg

Maybe play on the beach a little...
IMG_0742.jpg

There really isn't anything much better than the Poly as the sun starts to head down and the torches are lit....
IMG_8961.JPG

Can't forget about the fireworks each night....
IMG_1438.jpg

And of course can't forget about the nightly showing of the Electrical Water Pageant....
IMG_8435.jpg

Other things.... Tambu Lounge, Trader Sams, Barefoot Pool Bar, roasting marshmallows at the fire pit, pool games (if you have kiddos), the Twilight Feast (room service from Ohana), the hot tub at the Oasis Pool (skip the smaller one at the Lava Pool), taking a ride around the monorail loop for no reason, strolling over to the GF in the evenings to check out the lobby orchestra and a quick stop at Mizner's.

Could probably go on and on, but I'll let others fill in the gaps.

Hope your trip works out for you.

We’re doing the same thing at AKL next spring. Just gonna hit the pool, downtown Disney, make some great restaurant reservations, and relax.

Polynesian is great because you can easily explore the other monorail resorts and grab food at them!

Maybe have a little lunch sitting outside at Cap't Cooks...

Or better yet, I'd rather have lunch here (Oasis Bar & Grill at the Oasis Pool)....

Maybe play on the beach a little...

There really isn't anything much better than the Poly as the sun starts to head down and the torches are lit....

Can't forget about the fireworks each night....

And of course can't forget about the nightly showing of the Electrical Water Pageant....

Other things.... Tambu Lounge, Trader Sams, Barefoot Pool Bar, roasting marshmallows at the fire pit, pool games (if you have kiddos), the Twilight Feast (room service from Ohana), the hot tub at the Oasis Pool (skip the smaller one at the Lava Pool), taking a ride around the monorail loop for no reason, strolling over to the GF in the evenings to check out the lobby orchestra and a quick stop at Mizner's.

Could probably go on and on, but I'll let others fill in the gaps.

Hope your trip works out for you.

All great ideas for a relaxing Poly stay :cloud9:.

Polynesian is great because you can easily explore the other monorail resorts and grab food at them!

::yes::

If you are going after about Nov 15th-ish, you could go tour the Christmas decorations on the monorail resorts.

:thumbsup2

How much does the Twilight Feast room service charge now? Is it worth it?

Resort days are spent in a bathing suit.

I wake up, do a load of laundry (there are 5 of us), head out to the pool before opening, get my spot while the family is waking up.

Swim in an empty pool (this was really fabulous at the BC) and gaze at the view. Sit, swim, sit, swim, eat, eat, swim, sit, swim,eat, watch fireworks, swim, bed.

What I wouldn’t give to be eating pulled pork nachos with out the cheese and the pineapple salsa on the side AND the coconut meatballs.....drool....

This is exactly what we are planning on doing. We want to relax but take in the other things disney has to offer. One thing you can do right from the Poly is to rent a little boat to take around and check out the resorts by water. Trader sams would be a good stop or just a monorail pub crawl, Disney springs can be a whole day of just dining and shopping bowling or a movie. Winter/summer golf looks cute. If warm enough you could do one of the water parks.

This is exactly what we are planning on doing. We want to relax but take in the other things disney has to offer. One thing you can do right from the Poly is to rent a little boat to take around and check out the resorts by water. Trader sams would be a good stop or just a monorail pub crawl, Disney springs can be a whole day of just dining and shopping bowling or a movie. Winter/summer golf looks cute. If warm enough you could do one of the water parks.
Do you have to be staying at the resort to rent the little boats?

Do you have to be staying at the resort to rent the little boats?
No you don't have to be staying at the resort. They are available at a number of resorts. We did this with our twin boys - a half hour is probably plenty of time to tool around. Online it says that it is $32 per half hour. If you have an AP it gets you a discount too!

No you don't have to be staying at the resort. They are available at a number of resorts. We did this with our twin boys - a half hour is probably plenty of time to tool around. Online it says that it is $32 per half hour. If you have an AP it gets you a discount too!
Fun! We have a resort trip next month and this may be a great way to see the World since we are skipping parks.

Did you reserve ahead of time or day of?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter