Polynesian Question

WRLeGrand

Mouseketeer
I am reading a lot of things about Polynesian and its construction. We are booked there the week of July 4th, and I am admittedly getting a little nervous. While I can handle no O'hana (begrudgingly), the thought of the food service and/or pool being taken down is frightening. I have not seen that specifically listed, but seems like a lot of people think it is coming. How far in advance would they announced something like that?

I wasn’t under the impression that there were plans to shut down any other amenities for this renovation project. I’m not sure why they would shutdown the splash pad for a month, only to then close the pool after. I’d imagine any work could have been done at the same time if needed.

I wasn’t under the impression that there were plans to shut down any other amenities for this renovation project. I’m not sure why they would shutdown the splash pad for a month, only to then close the pool after. I’d imagine any work could have been done at the same time if needed.

I don't have the impression either pool is getting worked on, but I can understand phasing it. If the splash pad is closed, kids do enjoy the zero-entry area at Oasis, and closing both would just be spiteful.

We were originally booked there for late march and I've been checking every few days to see if anything else was closing, that might deter us from staying there. Yesterday, when I checked, I saw the notification for the kids play area being closed (a big part of why we picked there for our almost 3 year old). We are going to switch to Riviera for now, and hope an update comes through that the splash area is back operational prior to going down. We were/are hoping to stay there because of how quiet everyone has said it is, and nothing that currently isn't operational was worrying us, but the splash area for our son is a big draw, as we are doing more resort days/pool days than park days this trip.

My personal opinion is most members are going to continue avoiding Poly (it is still wide open). We made the switch to another resort for now, and if notification comes in that the splash area is done in time and the pools haven't been closed, we will switch back, as I can't see it booking up.

We decided to take advantage of the construction as we are SSR owners. Thought we might take our chance while we can.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter