Polynesian perks

OhanaCassidy

Mouseketeer
What are some fun activities to do at the Poly? or your favorite thing about it? We are going there in June 2017 but we have never stayed here before so we want to do everything they offer while we are there!

Ohana for dinner, Kona for breakfast, watching Wishes and the Electric Pagent from the beach, relaxing by the pool, the lighting of the tiki torches.
The grounds are gorgeous, it's all so lush and peaceful and amazing.
There is also Trader Sam's for the adults in the group.
I've only stayed there once out of my twenty something trips to WDW, but it is hands down my all time favorite resort.

Ohana for dinner, Kona for breakfast, watching Wishes and the Electric Pagent from the beach, relaxing by the pool, the lighting of the tiki torches.
The grounds are gorgeous, it's all so lush and peaceful and amazing.
There is also Trader Sam's for the adults in the group.
I've only stayed there once out of my twenty something trips to WDW, but it is hands down my all time favorite resort.
We visited Trader Sam's when we went in June and we loved it! It is such a fun small place. We will definitely have to check out Kona for breakfast:)

My 3 favorite things are eating at Ohana (breakfast and dinner), swimming in the pool and watching the electric parade and fireworks from the beach.
Parade is at 9, correct?

Firework question, if I can get your opinion...

we have a split stay in October and have only 3 nights at Poly. One MK night we have the option of staying in MK for Wishes, or heading back to Poly to catch the parade and see Wishes from there. We will be attending MNSSHP later that week so will see Hallowishes from the park. Aside from missing Tink fly in, do you think viewing the fireworks from the beach would suffice seeing as though we're catching another show in the park?

We love watching the electric water pageant and fireworks from the beach. We also enjoy walking around the grounds (especially at night) taking in the tropical, lushness of the resort and enjoy the tiki torches. We love the pools; the new Oasis Pool is awesome! We love to eat at 'Ohanas and always have to have the pork nachos from Captain Cook's. We love riding the monorail to the MK and taking the ferry back to Poly. We love the quick walk to the TTC to catch the monorail to Epcot. We really do love so much about the Poly! Sorry I listed more than three.

Parade is at 9, correct?

we have a split stay in October and have only 3 nights at Poly. One MK night we have the option of staying in MK for Wishes, or heading back to Poly to catch the parade and see Wishes from there. We will be attending MNSSHP later that week so will see Hallowishes from the park. Aside from missing Tink fly in, do you think viewing the fireworks from the beach would suffice seeing as though we're catching another show in the park?

If this were me, I'd definitely do Wishes from the Poly since you're doing Hallowishes in the park later in the stay. Wishes from Poly is one of the best aspects of the resort. Grab a drink, chill, and relax without the crowds! Although, since you'll be at the MK anyway you can totally play it by ear. If you're having fun in the park and everyone wants to stay you can do that, if folks are fading and ready to leave, you can easily head back to Poly. The MK resorts really add options in those circumstances.

BTW, Hallowishes from Poly is awesome too - depending on where you are in MK you can actually get a better view of the perimeter fireworks from Poly vs being in the park.

Have a great trip!

Parade is at 9, correct?

Yes the water parade comes by the Polynesian at 9:00.
I would make at least one night to see wishes from the Poly beach, it is just more relaxing than standing in a crowd of people at the park.

We also enjoy walking around the grounds (especially at night) taking in the tropical, lushness of the resort and enjoy the tiki torches.

I love everything about the Poly, but this is probably one of my favorite things to do. The grounds are so beautiful and tropical that just walking around taking it all in is relaxing :cloud9:.

Wishes from Poly is one of the best aspects of the resort. Grab a drink, chill, and relax without the crowds!

BTW, Hallowishes from Poly is awesome too - depending on where you are in MK you can actually get a better view of the perimeter fireworks from Poly vs being in the park.

I agree.

How is the music for wishes? Is it piped-in to the beach area anywhere?

How is the music for wishes? Is it piped-in to the beach area anywhere?
Yes the music is piped in. I remember several years back floating in the pool and watching Wishes. Can't beat the Poly for that!! The atmosphere of they resort is very relaxing. Being close to the TTC to catch a monorail to Epcot is a bonus!

1. 9:00pm electric parade followed by fireworks...on the beach
2. Hula dancing in the lobby
3. Fire dance during lighting of the torch -6pm pool side
4. Capt. Cook mickey waffles and hawaiian seafood curry
5. Dole whip swirl cone
6. Monorail second story lobby...and the lobby SCENT is divine.
7. Pool
8. Mickey tye dye shirts on monday afternoon

1. 9:00pm electric parade followed by fireworks...on the beach
2. Hula dancing in the lobby
3. Fire dance during lighting of the torch -6pm pool side
4. Capt. Cook mickey waffles and hawaiian seafood curry
5. Dole whip swirl cone
6. Monorail second story lobby...and the lobby SCENT is divine.
7. Pool
8. Mickey tye dye shirts on monday afternoon

Thanks for the fun list. We are staying at the poly in March and it is my 1985 dream come true!!!

Waking up every morning and drinking your coffee by the beach while looking at the Castle. Best memory of Poly with my kids

Looking forward to the tie dye, and so happy they pipe the wishes music to the beach.
Of course, just being there is awesome...

Having a drink from Trader Sam's on the Tiki Terrace at night while the fireworks go off.

Oh, and forgot, my DD getting cartooned by artist in the lobby. See my trip report on my sig for more from our resort stay at Poly. Loved it, hope to return soon.

image-jpeg.185086

We visited Trader Sam's when we went in June and we loved it! It is such a fun small place. We will definitely have to check out Kona for breakfast:)

If you try the Tonga Toast, you might want to try splitting it with someone. It was fun to try once, but it was big and there is no way I could've eaten the whole thing by myself. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter