Polynesian Owners Thread/FAQ

Hey there! We will be staying at our Poly DVC in October and will be the first time with a water/bungalow view. Any suggestions on any particular room requests?? Thank you!
If you're a sound sleeper I'd request highest floor closest to TTC. We stayed in the end room at Moorea and while sole complain of the horns from the boats we didn't notice them that much. The benefit of being here is 2 fold, the bungalows will not block your view of the water pageant and fireworks AND you are a very short walk to TTC for convenient transportation.

How comfy are the murphy beds in the studios? Staying five nights and two adults would be using it. Will they be as comfortable as sleeping in a regular bed?

How comfy are the murphy beds in the studios? Staying five nights and two adults would be using it. Will they be as comfortable as sleeping in a regular bed?
I have not personnally slept on the Murphy beds, but two different friends staying with me have (one at Poly and the other at SSR) and both of them said they were comfortable. They are not going to be quite as nice as a regular bed but much, much nicer than the sofa beds that they replaced. I wouldn't have an issue sleeping on one at all.

The queen size Murphy beds in the Poly studios use the same mattresses that are on the queen size regular beds. It's just that the mattress is attached to a platform that folds out of the wall and covers the sofa (which collapses beneath it). So yes, reports are that they are as comfortable as sleeping in a regular bed.

The queen size Murphy beds in the Poly studios use the same mattresses that are on the queen size regular beds. It's just that the mattress is attached to a platform that folds out of the wall and covers the sofa (which collapses beneath it). So yes, reports are that they are as comfortable as sleeping in a regular bed.
We have slept in the Murphy beds on 3 different occasions at the Poly and they are really comfortable! (As comfortable as the regular beds!)
Sofa pullouts at the Beach Club and AKL are a different story, but I loved the pull down Murphy beds at the poly!

Heading to the Poly next week. I know the hotel got the new interactive TV's in May. Have the Villas gotten them?

Just returned from a split stay 4 nights Riviera/4 nights Poly. Both are home resorts and we love both. In a couple of our prior stays, it did not seem like the rooms at the poly were as well cleaned/maintained as some of the other resorts we have stayed at recently (we have stayed at 6 different DVC resorts in the past year). However, this time the room was filthy and not well maintained. There was debris on the carpet, which visibly needed a vacuum and many of the surfaces had not been cleaned well. The pull down bed was not in good condition and the hair dryer was broken. Curious if others experienced this at the Poly recently?

Just returned from a split stay 4 nights Riviera/4 nights Poly. Both are home resorts and we love both. In a couple of our prior stays, it did not seem like the rooms at the poly were as well cleaned/maintained as some of the other resorts we have stayed at recently (we have stayed at 6 different DVC resorts in the past year). However, this time the room was filthy and not well maintained. There was debris on the carpet, which visibly needed a vacuum and many of the surfaces had not been cleaned well. The pull down bed was not in good condition and the hair dryer was broken. Curious if others experienced this at the Poly recently?
Wow, this is disappointing to hear. I was there in November and it was fine. No issues at all, but alot can happen in 10 months for certain.

I was there in March and all was great- will be there next week and will report back. I hope we find better conditions!

Hubby and I are *hoping* to rent points for a Poly villa for 2 weeks in Sept 2023 to celebrate our 30th anniversary. Is this going to be hard to get the availability? Are the Poly villas difficult to get? I don't want to get my hopes up too much if it's unrealistic but we really loved our stay at in the Poly villas back in Sept 2020.

Hubby and I are *hoping* to rent points for a Poly villa for 2 weeks in Sept 2023 to celebrate our 30th anniversary. Is this going to be hard to get the availability? Are the Poly villas difficult to get? I don't want to get my hopes up too much if it's unrealistic but we really loved our stay at in the Poly villas back in Sept 2020.

September is one of the most booked seasons due to the low point chart, but the Poly usually has pretty good availability, at least at the 11-month window, because there are just so many studios. I don't know whether one of those factors outweighs the other; my gut is that 7-month availability may be sketchy, but if you pay the premium to book further out your odds are probably pretty good.

September is one of the most booked seasons due to the low point chart, but the Poly usually has pretty good availability, at least at the 11-month window, because there are just so many studios. I don't know whether one of those factors outweighs the other; my gut is that 7-month availability may be sketchy, but if you pay the premium to book further out your odds are probably pretty good.

Thanks! I appreciate this info. Crossing our fingers!

Hey! Coming back to say we scored a Poly villa for 2 full weeks in Sept 2023! We are so excited! I tried not to get my hopes up too much but it all worked out in the end. Thanks again!

Hi! I recently had a very brief stay in a DVC Poly room - We were in Moorea in a Lake View studio, specifically room 2017. The view was amazing, but I was disappointed with how far of a walk it was from the lobby and from the boat launch, yet also far from the TTC.

If I were to do it all over again - stay in any (standard or lake) studio DVC poly room, without a rental car and relying on Disney Transportation only, which DVC building and which part of the building would yall suggest I stay in? I know I definitely want a 2nd floor room (only one flight of stairs up but still distance from any creepy crawlies that could be found on the ground level patios), and I don't particularly care about views, I just don't want to walk for 15+ minutes in the dark to get to my room after a long park day, lol.

(I have a touring plans subscription so I can see where rooms are, I just don't think the walk times on the rooms are accurate)

Any answer is appreciated, even if that answer is, "too bad, there's no such thing" 😅

Hi! I recently had a very brief stay in a DVC Poly room - We were in Moorea in a Lake View studio, specifically room 2017. The view was amazing, but I was disappointed with how far of a walk it was from the lobby and from the boat launch, yet also far from the TTC.

If I were to do it all over again - stay in any (standard or lake) studio DVC poly room, without a rental car and relying on Disney Transportation only, which DVC building and which part of the building would yall suggest I stay in? I know I definitely want a 2nd floor room (only one flight of stairs up but still distance from any creepy crawlies that could be found on the ground level patios), and I don't particularly care about views, I just don't want to walk for 15+ minutes in the dark to get to my room after a long park day, lol.

(I have a touring plans subscription so I can see where rooms are, I just don't think the walk times on the rooms are accurate)

Any answer is appreciated, even if that answer is, "too bad, there's no such thing" 😅
The 3 DVC buildings are all in that same area. Tokelau south end will put you as close as possible to the GCH and bus stops. However at worst it's a 15 minute walk from end to end at the resort - what route were you taking??? Leaving the room to the bus stop maybe 5-7 minutes. It is longer over the TTC especially with the security routing they have now.

The 3 DVC buildings are all in that same area. Tokelau south end will put you as close as possible to the GCH and bus stops. However at worst it's a 15 minute walk from end to end at the resort - what route were you taking??? Leaving the room to the bus stop maybe 5-7 minutes. It is longer over the TTC especially with the security routing they have now.

Tokelau south - got it! I must have taken the long way - those paths are hard to navigate at night from the MK boat launch. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter