Polynesian Mousekeeping

KGmomoftwins

DIS Veteran
We will be staying at the Polynesian Resort this August 2017 for our twins 5 birthday! I'm worried about the reviews I'm seeing about it being dark, damp, and filthy. Anyone been there recently that stayed in a standard garden view room non-DVC. I'm wondering if I should to switch but it seems last minute. Thanks!!!!

Rooms have always had a somewhat darker atmosphere. In the Florida sun and heat, that isn't always a bad thing - it IS part of the ambience, IMO. We have stayed at the Poly MANY times over the years and we have never found the rooms to be anything but perfectly clean. Sometimes shabby and in need of a refurb, but always clean, in our experience. We don't stay DVC but in the regular or Cl rooms. The last time was in CL, so maybe the regular rooms are different, but I would be very surprised. The Poly is a great resort and I wouldn't hesitate to stay in any of its rooms.

just our experiences, FWIW.

Take reviews with a grain of salt. I've had 2 stays, and neither time was my room dark, damp or filthy. Some feel rooms are dark because they have dark wood furniture, but open the drapes, plenty of light lol.

We just came back yesterday. We were in a gv CL room but I've never had a dirty room at Polynesian. Two years ago we switched rooms because of a chemical smell but that was probably because it was newly refurbished. Smelt a little like varnish for all the "dark " furniture. I feel the dark woods and colors are what people may feel makes the room dark but like another person said if you open the drapes there is plenty of light.

Thanks everyone! I feel better! This has been a dream of mine to stay here and my dear husband who has never been to Disney (I know imagine that) is starting to get nervous about the trip so I want to make sure everything is nice and magical. Basically I'm second guessing a year of planning!

Take reviews with a grain of salt. I've had 2 stays, and neither time was my room dark, damp or filthy. Some feel rooms are dark because they have dark wood furniture, but open the drapes, plenty of light lol.
Hahaha take them with a grain of salt you are too right!!! I think I'm just going to stop looking

Thanks everyone! I feel better! This has been a dream of mine to stay here and my dear husband who has never been to Disney (I know imagine that) is starting to get nervous about the trip so I want to make sure everything is nice and magical. Basically I'm second guessing a year of planning!

I agree with the others, I don't think you have anything to worry about. Have a great time :wizard:.

We have stayed at the Poly once and had no issues with Mousekeeping. The only reason why I would recommend a studio/villa over a standard room is for the extra room and the washer/drier in the one bedroom, but not because the Mousekeeping. It's such a great resort with kids, i'm sure your DH will love it as well. The new water play area they added is really fun for kids. Have a fantastic trip!

I stay at the Poly regularly, both standard room and CL, and have never had an issue with a dirty room. In fact, mousekeeping has always been outstanding, IMO. (I've had less than stellar experiences at other resorts. *cough* Beach Club *cough*) One time I checked into a standard Poly room and noticed a pickle-like odor in one of the closets. I called mousekeeping and they got to the room in about .2 seconds to steam clean the rug. I think that's pretty impressive!

I agree with what others have said...I have never walked into our room at the Poly and thought "man, this is dark!". We love the Poly, it is our favorite resort. We are going back in 14 days for our first CL stay. Can't wait!!

The only negative thing we have experienced with mousekeeping there is they have waited until pretty late in the day to clean our room (after 4 pm).

OP, you should check out Tikiman's facebook page (if you haven't already). He has great info about all things Poly and beautiful pictures that will keep you excited for your stay.

All resorts can have room issues, in my experience they are all about the same. If you have a room issue, contact housekeeping, if still not satisfied, contact resort management.

:earsboy: Bill

We just got back from a CL GV stay and the room was very clean. Much much better than our room in March at Riverside which was just plain gross. There were some signs of wear and tear on the furniture but nothing extreme (unlike the bottom hanging out of the ottoman in our Riverside room). It is a darker resort but we find that is part of its charm, there's plenty of light if you throw open the curtains and the room itself isn't lacking in lamps.

We have stayed at the Poly many times and never had a problem with the Mousekeeping. We love the theme of the Poly. Yes the woods are dark but we find the rooms lovely and not dark at all. Don't change - you will love it.

No problems for us at the Poly last year, and in fact, in quickly approaching 20 WDW trips, I've never had a problem with Mousekeeping.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter