Polynesian experts!!!!

S

susy

Hoping to get there for a weekend getaway Labor day weekend. Was quoted an AP rate of 697.00 for three nights.We may only stay two nights, since we'd be getting in so late on Fri (we'll find something cheaper for that night).

Anyway, we would like to be near the monorail (don't want to walk to TTC) and not too far from the pool. Which buidling would you prefer for a standard garden view? Do they have balconies? non-smoking? Do all of the buildings have accesss to the beach? Where exactly would we be able to see the MK Fireworks and electrical water pageant from??? Turndown service?

How is the Neverland Club?? Our DS would be almost 5. Would he feel okay without us, since he doesn't have siblings ? We may just go to dinner alone at Kona.
Our son is also VERY picky. Do they charge extra at Ohana if I aks for something from the kids menu for him??? AT LTT they didn't charge me.
Thanks!!!!!!!

I'm not an expert on the Polynesian by any means but .....

When we stayed @ the Poly last October (with our 4 yo DD) we stayed in FIJI. It was very close to the Great Ceremonial House (where you catch the monorail) and the volcano pool. We loved it.
Our room (#3306 if I remember correctly) looked out over gardens, a small sandy beach with palm trees, the Wedding Pavilion and the monorail as it whizzed by. Our room did have a balcony (we were on the 3rd floor) and it was non-smoking.

We didn't use the Neverland Club. I had the same reservations you do. Our DD is an only child and I thought she might feel strange if we left her there alone.

We ate at 'OHana and my daughter, who is also a very picky eater, did great. She liked the steak and shrimp. And I think maybe she ate some of the bread.

Have fun!
Debbie

It does sound like Fiji is your best bet. Also, I think O'hana has a kids menu for those who won't eat the brochettes. Good luck!

I was thinking about Fiji. What about Tokelau??? I read on Tikiman's website that it does have balconies. Has anyone stayed there?

We stayed at Tokelau over Thenksgiving and loved the location. We walked through the quiet pool and could continue on to the volcano pool or turn left to the GCH where the monorail awaits. The poly grounds are not that big, even when we chose the TTC to go to Epcot, it was only a 5-7 minute walk. Besides, the Poly grounds are so beautiful and peaceful, I hardly think you'll mind or notice the time for that matter. Enjoy!!

All buildings have balconies on the 3rd floor. Tokelau, Tahiti and Rapa Nui are the only buildings that have balconies on the 2nd floor.

Thanks ! I think I will probably request Tokelau. Now, how do I pronounce that??????

I think you might try the Neverland Club, they will give you a pager and if you are at Kona's they can buzz you if your child wants you. You just might be surprised. Lots of kids cry when they get picked because they want to stay longer! The CM's do a nice job.

It sounds like Rarotonga and Niue are the longhouses you want. They are both quite close to the Great Ceremonial House and so to the monorail. They are both non-smoking and a very short walk from both pools. Get yourself a resort map at http://www.wdwig.com/polymap.jpg. The resort is more compact than people seem to think; you'd be happy with Tokelau also.

Access to the beach is not limited. The beach near the Hawaii building is a great place to watch both the water pageant and MK fireworks, better than from O'hana or the Concierge Lounge. Only watching from a Lagoon View balcony with an unobstructed view is as good as the beach.

At O'hana (which I DO recommend), a child can either eat from a child's menu or the standard meal. Our server was willing to "work with us" on that (and so should yours); we ended up having our 5-year order from the child's menu and our 8-year ate the adult meal. There is a difference in cost; a child eating a standard meal costs $10, while the children's menu runs about $5-$6 (i.e. less, not extra). There's certainly no reason to use Neverland Club to go to O'hana, which means "family". Nor to go to nearly any restaurant at WDW, unless you are specifically want a dinner with just the two of you.

Thank you all!!! actually, I thought it would be fun to eat breakfast at Kona once we arrive in the morning before heading off to Epcot! Then maybe do Chef Mickey's that night and O'hana's the next night. the real trick will be to get Cindy's on Labor day-my b day!

The neverland club is "open" for guests to enjoy from 12:00pm to 4:00pm every day. You must stay with your child (not a drop-off service during this time). We went as a family during a rainy day in Feb. and really enjoyed using the facilities. Nobody knows it is open during this time, so we had the place to ourselves!!

All video games are free (don't need tokens) and they have lots of crafts, games, movies etc. to play with. This might be a nice way for your child to get used to the place with you there, before you leave him for the night.

That's a great idea!!!! thanks!!!! I think we will love the Poly, if we ever get there......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter