Polynesian DVC laundry room

I was at Poly June 28 to July 4, we were in Tokelau. We were talking a break on Monday afternoon so I decided to do some laundry since I was changing clothes frequently due to the heat. I checked the laundry view app and it showed all 4 washers open in the DVC laundry. Great, gathered my stuff and walked over to Moorea. Walked into the room and there were 4 women standing there waiting and all 4 washers were in use. One woman said she tried around 11:00 the night before and all were in use. I didn’t want to wait in a hot room so I left. I checked the Tangaroa Terrace laundry room on the app and it showed all open. I really wanted to get it done so I went over there. Not a soul in sight, no washers or dryers in use. So I paid $3 each for washer and dryer. Made be suspicious that others are getting into the DVC free laundry, despite the band reader.

By the way, I checked the laundry view app again and it showed all open every time. Suspect it isn’t working.

Oh that’s a shame. I’ve always found that app to be really good, maybe not for the Poly then :-(

Made be suspicious that others are getting into the DVC free laundry, despite the band reader.

It's possible the Poly DVC laundry doesn't have enough washers for all the studios. Only the pricy bungalows have a W/D, everyone else will be relying on the common laundry and still there are about as many washers as in the other DVC resorts.

It's possible the Poly DVC laundry doesn't have enough washers for all the studios. Only the pricy bungalows have a W/D, everyone else will be relying on the common laundry and still there are about as many washers as in the other DVC resorts.
Absolutely. Disney knows this. I am really shocked they didn't buy more because the members are the ones who pay for them. I will tell you this though, last month at the AKL, the washers and dryers for the "resort" part were not taking credit cards properly or they were just messed up or something. (woman I talked to in the DVC laundry room told me this) So the actual door to the DVC laundry room was open and a stopper was placed on the front of the door to keep it open for all! She was getting free DVC laundry while not being in a DVC room.

Yeah, while it's the nicest DVC laundry room I've ever had to use, it's definitely small-ish for 360 studios. They missed the boat on laundry rooms and elevators in the long houses IMO. I really didn't mind the walk from Tokelau to Moorea (I think they even had a laundry basket in room), but more machines would have been nice.

That absurd!

That is plenty. Not everyone wants to do laundry at once, and some do not want to do it at all. There are 4 washers. Even if people only do laundry from 8am-8pm, thats 80+ loads that can be done per day.

That is plenty. Not everyone wants to do laundry at once, and some do not want to do it at all. There are 4 washers. Even if people only do laundry from 8am-8pm, thats 80+ loads that can be done per day.
Well you might think that is plenty, but I do not. The thing is there will be times when no one is doing laundry and times when many want to do their laundry. The times when many want to do their laundry is when there are not enough. But if Laundry View is working properly, that will be of much help to many. I know it was to me at the Beach Club.

You can get on the monorail and do your dirty cloths at the VGF or BLT if that make you feel better.

oh geeze I see they still have not slapped the dvc laundry memo on the CM's foreheads....my wife was told the only laundry room on site was the paid ones and we could go get coins from the front desk...

Just trying to point out options. A short monorail or boat ride, bring your swim suit, laundry and enjoy a pool hopping/laundry day.

Last edited:
Just trying to point out options. A short monorail or boat ride, bring your swim suit, laundry and enjoy a pool hopping/laundry day.
Would that really work? Can you get into those DVC laundry rooms without staying there? Interesting if it would. Good point about the possible pool hopping though.

Do they have detergent for sale in this laundry room or do you have to buy it at the Moana Merchantile?

Do they have detergent for sale in this laundry room or do you have to buy it at the Moana Merchantile?
We were just at Hilton Head and there was a vending machine in the laundry room. It was $7 for a package of laundry detergent for 1 load. I was surprised at the price.

I am not sure of the price at WDW, but I am pretty sure it is much less than what Megan5721 paid at HHI. But we pack Tide Pods for the number of loads we plan to do and I always bring a couple of extra ones. I also bring some bounce sheets. These items hardly take up any room in the suitcase.

I am not sure of the price at WDW, but I am pretty sure it is much less than what Megan5721 paid at HHI. But we pack Tide Pods for the number of loads we plan to do and I always bring a couple of extra ones. I also bring some bounce sheets. These items hardly take up any room in the suitcase.
Great idea! We are staying for seven nights in October and I’m sure I’ll have to do laundry at least once. Just trying to plan ahead if I should pack some or buy it there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter