Polynesian Dinner

Bork

Goofy about Disney
We're going in August and we are dong MK when it closes early due to MNSSHP. We always love to eat at Kona Cafe, but now it will be closed when we are there. We love the Monorail and the Polynesian and would still like to eat dinner there. Ohana is pricy and I don't think our kids will like it (And Kona had the Disney Visa discount). Do we do quick service there? What would you do?

I’d do quick service there and then maybe get a dole whip. Or you can order from the Tambu lounge. The bread pudding is delicious. :)

We did quick service at capt. Cooks while not a huge selection everyone enjoyed it, we ate multiple times for breakfast and a few lunch/dinners

Ok, I guess my DS & I are Poly Nerds (if that's a ok to say) but we look forward to Captain Cooks chixwings as our very first snack/meal at WDW very soon....sitting outside, finally in Fla. again, people watching, entire trip ahead of us, happy and loving life! 8-):cool1:

If you enjoy the vibe at Poly, QS there is fine (not great, IMHO). If you wouldn't mind trying a different resort, Whispering Canyon at WL is fun.
I looked at Whispering Canyon. Reviews seem to be mixed. I assume getting back to the TTC won't be an issue afterward, if MNSSHP is going until Midnight?

I looked at Whispering Canyon. Reviews seem to be mixed. I assume getting back to the TTC won't be an issue afterward, if MNSSHP is going until Midnight?
It’s doable but not really convenient. You’d have to take the boat back to MK and then ferry or monorail to TTC. I would recommend sticking on the monorail loop. Steakhouse 71 at the Contemporary could be a good choice.

Personally, one thing I like doing for dinner is making a meal out of an assortment of appetizers at lounges. Tiki Terrace and Enchanted Rose are good choices for this. The menu is limited, but tasty, and the lack of ADRs at lounges makes you arrival time more flexible, though there may be a wait at peak times.

Just an FYI, Kona Cafe will still be available for mobile order when the restaurant itself closes, so doing that and just enjoying your meal somewhere else in the Polynesian could be an option.

Just an FYI, Kona Cafe will still be available for mobile order when the restaurant itself closes, so doing that and just enjoying your meal somewhere else in the Polynesian could be an option.
I thought Kona Island was doing mobile order while Kona Cafe was closed. Will it offer the same menu?

I’d do quick service there and then maybe get a dole whip. Or you can order from the Tambu lounge. The bread pudding is delicious. :)
AHHHH...I find this out a week AFTER we get home, lol. We had O'hana reservations, and forgot they took out the bread pudding. I was looking more forward to that than the meat servings!! Does Tambu have the Banana Foster sauce with it?

AHHHH...I find this out a week AFTER we get home, lol. We had O'hana reservations, and forgot they took out the bread pudding. I was looking more forward to that than the meat servings!! Does Tambu have the Banana Foster sauce with it?
Yes. :)

I thought Kona Island was doing mobile order while Kona Cafe was closed. Will it offer the same menu?
You're right, I thought I heard Kona Cafe, but I just looked it up and it is Kona Island. I guess the way it was phrased made me think they would still be offering dishes from Kona Cafe, but I have no real idea.

If you need to get back to TTC, I would skip Whispering Canyon and pick something on the monorail line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter