Poly

MrsBergs

Mouseketeer
Hi
We will be at the poly studio standard view for a week in April. We were going to move but thought it would be nice since the resort is partially openned. What building should I request? I know there is construction going on and no monorail. Is the TTC a far walk from the poly? Any recent experience would be greatly appreciated.
Happy Traveling!

Last edited:
Hi
We will be at the poly for a week in April. We were going to move but thought it would be nice since the resort is partially openned. What building should I request? I know there is construction going on and no monorail. Is the TTC a far walk from the poly? Any recent experience would be greatly appreciated.
Happy Traveling!

TTC is a super close walk.

It's a 5min walk from the closest (Pago Pago) and maybe 7min from the furthest (Tokelau)

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Tok...273995c404!2m2!1d-81.5800153!2d28.4046381!3e2

We were just there last week. The resort was very quiet. Both pools were not overly crowded. They did change up the closing times for each. It seemed like they alternated days. We were only there for two nights. Started our trip with two nights at BWV, then moved to PVB Lake View for the last two nights.

We were just there last week. The resort was very quiet. Both pools were not overly crowded. They did change up the closing times for each. It seemed like they alternated days. We were only there for two nights. Started our trip with two nights at BWV, then moved to PVB Lake View for the last two nights.
To add, the walk to the TTC is short and you get through the temperature check fairly quickly. We walked over around 10-10:30 in the morning. This was our first DVC Trip so it was all new to us.

Studio 1916 Tokelau. I am not sure if this is considered lakeview or not though I suspect it is. We had a std studio on the first floor of Tokelau but upon move in we noticed the water in the unit was discolored, food was left in the mini fridge (have pics of that as well) After we brought those issues to the attention of the manager we were moved to 1916 which other than a broken sofa bed which we weren't using any way it was nice. We love the Polynesian!

Studio 1916 Tokelau. I am not sure if this is considered lakeview or not though I suspect it is. We had a std studio on the first floor of Tokelau but upon move in we noticed the water in the unit was discolored, food was left in the mini fridge (have pics of that as well) After we brought those issues to the attention of the manager we were moved to 1916 which other than a broken sofa bed which we weren't using any way it was nice. We love the Polynesian!
Sigh. So I know that part of going to Disney and staying in the Disney Bubble is supposed to be that magical feeling of being there & having the extra convenience and theming of a Disney resort. I know that means that if you want that experience you need to be willing to pay quite a hefty price. The prices easily match or exceed the cost of staying at a true luxury hotel. When I think of that cost, it bothers me to think of dealing with stuff like left behind food & broken sofa beds!

How did construction look on the Splash Pad area?

Sigh. So I know that part of going to Disney and staying in the Disney Bubble is supposed to be that magical feeling of being there & having the extra convenience and theming of a Disney resort. I know that means that if you want that experience you need to be willing to pay quite a hefty price. The prices easily match or exceed the cost of staying at a true luxury hotel. When I think of that cost, it bothers me to think of dealing with stuff like left behind food & broken sofa beds!
Yeah I get you there but Polynesian management was great in taking care of things and satisfying us. They offered to move us again or come in with new furniture but we declined. We did take their offer to hook us up with 4 extra FP's each per day (not good on Avatar :( though) I don't think we waited in a line other than Avatar on our whole trip. Don't let the minor issues disuade you from Poly, we love it there and should we end up buying in to DVC at least some of our points will be at this resort. We stayed 2x's on rented points.

Our stay in February was great. There were no issues, no surprises in the fridge. Housekeeping actually came in and emptied the trash during our two night stay there. We used points so it wasn't because it was cash stay. We got our first DVC contract (resale) this past August and PVB is our home resort. We never stayed there before this trip and couldn't be happier with our decision to make it our home. The Poly just has a great vibe to it.

How did construction look on the Splash Pad area?
It didn't look to involved. It was fenced off but not completely closed off to where you couldn't see what was going on. I'm assuming it's regular maintenance they are working on. They seemed to be doing that throughout the main pool area. Half of the pool deck was closed off one night, then the other half was closed the next night. They would power wash the deck after the pool closed.

We were at the Poly for a quick breakfast a couple of weeks ago. At that time they were painting the "bamboo" staircase rails leading up the stairs in the splash pad area. The pool was pretty quiet, but it was about 11am when we were there. Overall, the resort didn't feel crowded as we were walking around. If you are looking for a quite place to stay, this might be a good option.

When we stayed there a couple of years ago, we were in Moorea (sp?) and I loved that location. It was right next to TTC.

Loved our visit in Tokelau a few weeks ago. We did laundry so Moorea would have been good as well. You really can't go wrong. I love a ground floor unit, so I don't care as much about views. We were right across from the quiet pool. It was the most relaxing time! It will probably never happen again, so uncrowded due to the construction. I loved it. We spent a lot of time at the resort, we were working during the day. It's so great walking to the Magic Kingdom now! I'm a walker, so that is perfect. We did a tiny bar crawl one night, Tambu Lounge and Enchanted Rose, no crowds. They had movies most evenings and some other pool activities. They were also giving tours of the on the water villas, that was fun and we got a cute Riviera lithograph.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter