• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Poly vs. Pop

ddog171

Earning My Ears
I know, a night and day difference, but please hear me out.

Going for 6 nights in December, with my wife and 4 year old daughter. Pop is $2000 less than Poly, so with the money saved I could possibly go on another trip.

We will be heading to MK twice, the first day we will be there all day, no break, the second day we will take a break in the afternoon and head back for MVMCP.

Epcot, one day, there all day, no break

Hollywood studios might take a break, or do later start

Animal Kingdom, might take a break or do later start.

So some thoughts:
  • Monorail (although, with only going to and from the MK and Epcot a total of three times, plus taking a Minnie van from Pop I would think would be just as convenient)
  • Pool is better at Poly December weather is iffy though
  • Bigger room at Poly, but are we going to be in the room all that much

We have stayed at both Pop and Art of Animation before and liked them both. Never stayed at poly.

Anyone else care to chime in?

$2000 is so much money.......... As @rwdavis2 pointed out, you've seemed to make the call already. Im going through a different yet similar situation with our December long week trip this year. I originally booked POP for a Friday to Sunday stay. We'll be doing MVMCP on Friday night........EPCOT and the Candlelight processional on Saturday.........and then maybe back to MK for a bit on Sunday. I was able to book a Poly DVC room for +800 more that what I booked POP for...............I'm in constant trepidation about this. First I had to book a week earlier because I refuse to cancel the POP reservation yet. I'm worried I won't be able to make the final payment date........but then I say its April you have until the end of October.

Given our schedule the Poly works because the only transport we'd need would be the monorail. But the cost...............o_O Still don't know what will happen but I have some time.........winter discounts come out in late July early August so there is hope..........however small it may be.

As for the OP.........your touring plan is much more expansive you won't be able to avoid a bus or uber. $2000 extra dollars could get you a meal plan..........or yes another trip. Putting in my 2cents. Stay at POP............its a great place given your plans.

Doug :goofy:

you lost me at the possibility of a second trip. Save the money book Pop and while there book a bounce back offer with the money saved.

Or.....if the $2000 is not a major issue, consider the convince of the monorail by staying at Poly. I have stayed at Pop too and really liked it. Poly will blow it away! The GF is one monorail stop away and is well worth the quick stop to see the gingerbread house! The short monorail rides home from the MK and EP for the three days may very well be worth it!

Are you planning to go to Disney often? If so, stay at POP and save the Poly for when you are not so park focused and can enjoy the resort and neighboring resorts.

We usually stay at Poly. The only reason I even consider paying the extra to stay there is because we spend a lot of time at the resort enjoying it as part of our vacation. When we were planning to be at the parks almost all waking hours, we stayed at values. For the trip you are describing, I would not pick Poly.

Sounds like you wont be spending much time in the room or pool so i would DEFINITELY go with Pop and put that $2k towards another vacation :thumbsup2

Pop. save the 2k. If you're just looking for a bed, Pop's awesome for that.

I know, a night and day difference, but please hear me out.

Going for 6 nights in December, with my wife and 4 year old daughter. Pop is $2000 less than Poly, so with the money saved I could possibly go on another trip.

We will be heading to MK twice, the first day we will be there all day, no break, the second day we will take a break in the afternoon and head back for MVMCP.

Epcot, one day, there all day, no break

Hollywood studios might take a break, or do later start

Animal Kingdom, might take a break or do later start.

So some thoughts:
  • Monorail (although, with only going to and from the MK and Epcot a total of three times, plus taking a Minnie van from Pop I would think would be just as convenient)
  • Pool is better at Poly December weather is iffy though
  • Bigger room at Poly, but are we going to be in the room all that much

We have stayed at both Pop and Art of Animation before and liked them both. Never stayed at poly.

Anyone else care to chime in?

I would definitely do Pop--the new rooms look really nice and that is a lot of money to save!! Especially if you aren't going to be spending a super amount of time at the resort.

I'd definitely do Pop! With the renovations, you get queen beds and a coffee maker. I had a better time at Pop than some of my deluxe stays! I love the food court for convenience (and the delivery option is super nice too). We always took food back to the room, though, to eat in quiet after a long day with lots of stimulation and noise. The bus service is better than many deluxe resorts too.

If you liked Pop, I would save your money and stay there. Heck, you could use Minnie Vans the entire time from Pop and still come out way ahead! If you aren't planning on hanging around the resort and using the amenities, there's no reason to stay at Poly, IMHO.

you had your answer at "could possibly go on another trip"
The renovated rooms at POP are awesome!

We are in same boat I really wanted to stay at contemporary but it’s sold out there is a room at Poly but for the cost and not having a theme park view I can’t see any reason other then greed to stay there. I’d actually prefer pop pool as it’s not as crowded only thing missing is the slide and hot tub. If we chose poly we would skip park tickets and just enjoy the resort and disney springs as we have the past 3 trips we are also getting MNSSHP either way, if we go to pop we’ll be going all in maybe with a few extra tours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter