Poly vs. Boardwalk

marisas1011

Mouseketeer
Hi all, I'm so indecisive and need help making a decision. Would you stay at Boardwalk over Poly if it saved $300? I love the Poly but can't get a standard view and have never stayed at the Boardwalk, but it's cheaper. We aren't doing MK or Epcot during the two days we would stay here so convenience to the parks isn't a huge factor. Thanks in advance.

Yes, absolutely! We prefer BWI over Poly. Especially if it's a short trip it would be a good time to try something new.

Hi all, I'm so indecisive and need help making a decision. Would you stay at Boardwalk over Poly if it saved $300? I love the Poly but can't get a standard view and have never stayed at the Boardwalk, but it's cheaper. We aren't doing MK or Epcot during the two days we would stay here so convenience to the parks isn't a huge factor. Thanks in advance.

If BWI is a resort that appeals to you and is one you want to try, I say give it a try. However, if the Poly is where you really want to be and BWI isn't really somewhere you want to stay, I'd stick with the Poly. I'm all for saving money when you can, but a $300 savings wouldn't be enough for me to change from a resort I loved to one I wasn't really interested in (just my opinion). Good luck!

It depends on what you are doing at the resort. Half the magic of Boardwalk is walking from Epcot.
It’s also great if you plan to eat at the several TS restaurants in the area.
Boardwalk is not very good if you plan to eat QS (especially if you aren’t using WS as WDW’s best food court), unless you only want bakery items at a QS. Also kinda like Poly, dining requires a walk outside, to the Boardwalk (a bummer if it’s raining)

I would go with BW but it also might depend on the mix of the people staying. BW (in my opinion) is more adult oriented. Poly more kid friendly. I'm not a huge fan of Poly, it always seems to loud and busy for me, BW is a little more calm and less loud. With walking distance to Swan/Dolphin, YC and BC food options are plenty at BW.

Would you stay at Boardwalk over Poly if it saved $300?

Yes! Absolutely! We love the Boardwalk! Saving $300 makes it even better! We have stayed at the BWI many times and love the theming and the location.

I also agree with 'loves to dive' that the BWI feels more adult oriented if that influences your decision.

$300 is significant enough to me! I'd opt for BWI if you aren't going to MK.

Never stayed at the Poly, but love the BW. So great to be close to Epcot for dinner and fireworks.

I have stayed at the Boardwalk three times and at the Poly three times. Try as I might, I cannot warm up to the BW. It just does nothing for me. We stayed at the Poly last month and enjoyed it so much that we ended up skipping the parks and just hanging out at the quiet pool two afternoons. That is the first time, in over twenty visits, that we have hung out at a pool. I say stick with what you love, especially if you don't intend to go to the parks very much.

I would choose Poly over Boardwalk, even though Boardwalk is less costly, just because I like Poly that much more than BW. I'd have to say BW is my least favorite of all the deluxe resorts.

I have stayed at both, and i really love them both, but saving 300$ to stay at another deluxe resort is so worth it. I adore the Boardwalk it is always so peaceful i feel. The buses are never crowded, and i really love being able to walk to 2 of the parks.

I have not stayed at Boardwalk, but I've spent a decent chunk of time there. I would personally do it. I used to be a big fan of the MK resorts, but staying at the Yacht Club last year was really delightful. I enjoyed the Epcot resort area SO much. I still love the Poly and look forward to visiting the resort, but the Epcot resorts are really peaceful and a nice change of pace. I would definitely give it a shot. If you love it, great! If you hate it, at least it was only a couple nights and now you know.

Thanks for all of the suggestions everyone, does anyone know if the Boardwalk has been refurbished lately?

I have started at both resorts and Poly is my favorite. ( Just wanted to get that out there ). I really enjoyed BWI when I was there and it has some big pluses ( beautiful views, shopping, restaurants and night life right at the resort - not to mention the Bellevue room for a cocktail at night ). My biggest complaint was we were 'upgraded' to a Lake View Room and every morning at 7a the horns from the boats would wake us up AND there isn't a TS restaurant for breakfast at the resort. Other than that it was wonderful!

Thanks for all of the suggestions everyone, does anyone know if the Boardwalk has been refurbished lately?

Yes, in 2014 BWI started a major refurb. Check this thread for information and photos: https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...las-information-and-questions-thread.3344344/

I've stayed at both Poly and BWI. BWI is my favorite resort although I like Poly, too. We love being able to walk to DHS and Epcot. We do a lot of dining at Epcot, so it's really convenient. While the CMs at Poly are very nice, we've always found the BW CMs to be a cut above. Everyone from the housekeepers, to the bell CMs, to Mary -- the gal who staffs the Belle Vue Lounge in the mornings, to Managers are just outstanding, friendly, and informed. That, to me, really sets BW apart. I'm sure you'll enjoy whatever you choose.

I love both resorts, we have been staying at the BW more recently as it's just DH and I now. We love the ability to walk to EPCOT and DS.

The bus system at the BW has been really good. For MK, the buses have not shared with any other resorts.

We also love the whole EPCOT resort area. There is a lot to do, just a quick walk away. The BW at night is a lot of fun as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter