Poly vs Beach club with a young family

Mikey_B

Mouseketeer
Staying 10 nights next year at either the poly or BC with a 2 year old and 4 year old. Does anyone have any thoughts on the best choice? Thanks.

I vote poly strictly because of Stormalong bay at BC. I find that pool exhausting with little ones. I know many disagree but I don't find it relaxing at all. Also, at Poly you can walk to ttc and have easy access to epcot monorail.

Staying 10 nights next year at either the poly or BC with a 2 year old and 4 year old. Does anyone have any thoughts on the best choice? Thanks.
Wow - you will have your hands full either way! :D
Do you foresee spending lots of time in MK, for the little ones? That would be the only reason I would consider POLY.
Otherwise, the BC location, with it's proximity to EPCOT & DHS, is hard to beat. The pool there is also a drawing point and, if your kids love pool time, that could be a factor.
We're retired now, and the grandkids are quickly approaching teenager status, so BCV would always be our choice over POLY, and that usually requires less points per stay.

Agree that it depends on where you plan to spend most of your time. Can't beat the Poly location for MK and EP. Can't beat BC for EP and HS. Might you consider the possibility of a split stay of 5/5? Might get the best of both! Enjoy your trip!

Definitely BC. The YC side of SAB is a shallow beach. The kids can build sand castles there and play in the water. You can take the monorail to MK fro epcot or bus from the BC. Also walk over to BW for the nighttime activities

That’s a tough one, so I understand why you are asking! Do you plan to spend more time at MK, or EP & HS? That would be my deciding factor. Or like @thanxfornoticin mentioned, a split stay for the best of both worlds!

We love Stormalong Bay, but agree that it’s huge, and there isn’t a splash pad for little ones. My kids are older, 9 & 11, and still spent the majority of their pool time playing in the sand! It’s pretty cool! But also, lots of sand in the room! 🤣 Grateful for the vacuum that was in the BCV closet!

With a 2y and 4y I would pick the Poly. The pools and play areas are constructed with minimal obstructions where BC has very winding pathways and there are tons of obstructions, stairs, and bridges. BC does have a sand bottom water area which kids like but you'd have to have kids that like to stay around you and not stray.

With a 2y and 4y I would pick the Poly. The pools and play areas are constructed with minimal obstructions where BC has very winding pathways and there are tons of obstructions, stairs, and bridges. BC does have a sand bottom water area which kids like but you'd have to have kids that like to stay around you and not stray.
I was wondering which pool would be more suitable with youngsters. The pool at BC is obviously a big selling point of the resort but is the poly pool manageable with young kids? Does it get overcrowded? Is there a splash area?

Just mentioning, BC does give you access to multiple pools - 2 'quiet' pools and also the small pool at the base of the big slide. I do know firsthand how much extra parenting time Stormalong requires - but a 2 and 4 yo will require that no matter the pool. Depending on the time of year, SAB can get crowded, as it's for YC, BC, and BCV guests. But we have rarely had issues getting chairs. No splash area, though.

Poly because of the awesome splash pad/play structure area. My kids aren't sit around making sand castles type of children- they are on the go and the poly area is better for keeping up with them.

I was wondering which pool would be more suitable with youngsters. The pool at BC is obviously a big selling point of the resort but is the poly pool manageable with young kids? Does it get overcrowded? Is there a splash area?

The Poly splash pad is right next to the pool, I stayed with a 20 month old and a 5.5 year old and it was perfect for those age groups. And my husband would take my older one down the lava slide.

The Poly now has two main pools with play areas included so the overcrowding has diminished. People do generally head for the pool my the main building but there is a nice pool/play area by Tokelo (sp?). Either pool has better site lines than BC, especially if the 4y would rather run thru the sprinkler and the 2y would rather float. JMO, as my kids never stayed together.

Getting back to the OPs original question, I still think your decision will be based on the parks you plan to enjoy most. The pool situation is important, but you might be at the pool a couple hours each day. You're likely to be in the parks/restaurants much longer. So proximity to your favorite parks, with little ones, seems ultimately more important than the pool conversations. Another thing to consider, Poly could offer some nice views (at a distance) of the MK fireworks without the loud booms/bangs that sometimes hurt little ears (you would know your kids best, not me!). But we did have a little one who enjoyed the bright fireworks, but cringed at the noise - loved the fireworks from a distance! Also the water pageant show on the lake is fun for kids.

In reality, you have 2 of the best options on property. You don't have a bad choice - just 2 very, very good ones!

And the "quiet" pool at Poly is pretty decent and when we were there opened earlier than the main pool.

The advantage to BC is that it's an enclosed building whereas Poly is scattered.

I just like the vibe of Poly better...but I can see coastal New England/coastal NJ whenever I want 🤷‍♀️

I vote poly strictly because of Stormalong bay at BC. I find that pool exhausting with little ones. I know many disagree but I don't find it relaxing at all. Also, at Poly you can walk to ttc and have easy access to epcot monorail.

When you have a 2 and 4 year old on vacation, NOTHING is relaxing. 😆

When my kids were that age, we called them "trips" not vacations. They were not vacations.

Last edited:
Just mentioning, BC does give you access to multiple pools - 2 'quiet' pools and also the small pool at the base of the big slide. I do know firsthand how much extra parenting time Stormalong requires - but a 2 and 4 yo will require that no matter the pool. Depending on the time of year, SAB can get crowded, as it's for YC, BC, and BCV guests. But we have rarely had issues getting chairs. No splash area, though.

The sand play pool is essentially a giant splash area. It's so perfect for those ages. My kids never liked splash areas though. They wanted to be IN water.

If you will be spending lots of time at MK, Poly makes more sense.

Both are great locations but BC is better for an Epcot/Studios heavy trip.

When you have a 2 and 4 year old on vacation, NOTHING is relaxing. 😆

When my kids were that age, we called them "trips" not vacations. They were not vacations.
Ha! That is a good point.

Stay where you want to stay because at that age you will have to watch them like a hawk at the pool anyway. Plus when my kids were that age they just needed some water and were very happy. I do not find SAB to be a more difficult pool with kids that age. Now with a big age range and trying to watch a 3 year old and 9 year old it can be difficult.

I personally would pick BC. My kids were good stroller sleepers so we would put them in the stroller and walk around Epcot WS in the evening/night and have some “adult” time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter