Poly Tower Speculation

The advantage of adding PVB2 to the same association would be that otherwise the resale price for PVB1 would plummet, creating problems with ROFR and sales. Would you buy a resort with only studios when there is a newer Tower next door with a balanced number of units in different sizes?
While that could boots PVB2 sales, if PVB1 price plummets, then it will be competition for PVB2. Maybe you'd prefer PVB2, but what if PVB1 is half price resale?

I am not sure myself if this would really happen. It's difficult to make predictions with DVC and I'm usually wrong 🤣
I think 60% will be a new association. But people asked for things that would advantage Disney for the unique association, and this could be one.
If the price dropped enough, I might buy enough points for 2 studios instead of buying POLY2

A huge consideration for me is the point charts.

We always noticed that Kaua’i was a little different and in a good way. Relatedly, Kaua’i was never conquered by Kamehameha.
Agree Kaua’i is different in a good way. We only spent a few days and will definitely be back. To me, it was the most relaxing and laid back of the three islands I have been to. DW has been to them all and loves Maui.

Thanks for the info on never being conquered by Kamehamaha.

DW and I head to the big island and Maui this fall. Relaxation and research as a possible retirement location.

The advantage of adding PVB2 to the same association would be that otherwise the resale price for PVB1 would plummet, creating problems with ROFR and sales. Would you buy a resort with only studios when there is a newer Tower next door with a balanced number of units in different sizes?
While that could boots PVB2 sales, if PVB1 price plummets, then it will be competition for PVB2. Maybe you'd prefer PVB2, but what if PVB1 is half price resale?

DVD, which builds the resorts and collects the funds from initial direct sales, is unconcerned with resale values. They literally don't make a dime off resales. Their goal is to sell the points for as much as they can, as fast as they can, and move on to their next project.

If it's a new association or part of PVB, I'm not convinced that the number of existing DVC owners buying there will actually change. Some, like me, wanted the location of the tower in the first place. If it's a new resort with every size villa, I'm in (and will likely sell my BLT, which has greatly grown in value, to get it). On the other hand, I know people who are PVB owners who have "grown out" of studios as their children get larger, and want to stay at PVB in 1br/2br units. They would add on to bring their point total up enough to stay in a 1br/2br every year if it was part of PVB, because they need the large villa. They aren't likely to sell PVB (at a distressed price) to trade up to the Tower, so they'll play the 7 month game.

For new members, I also don't see a difference between a new association or part of PVB EXCEPT FOR resale restrictions. That may play a small factor. I think that being part of PVB (unrestricted) would ease the sales a bit, since the guides don't need to talk about it, or potentially scare buyers away because of it.

There's also an economic aspect to this. Being part of PVB would allow them to resell the tower faster than the standard 50 years. PVB will be almost 10 years old when the Tower opens. That gives them only 40 years before DVD's next payday.

When DVC converted more of Wilderness Lodge to create CCV, they perceived that BRV's point charts would hamper sales of CCV if CCV had a higher point requirement. So, CCV has a fairly low point chart as a result. This is not the case with PVB's point chart. While it's less than RIV, it's still much higher than BLT and AKV, on a par with GFV.

I'm of the opinion that the Tower will probably open as part of PVB, and will feature fewer studios than the standard mix for that reason.

Isn’t there a rule in Florida, it has to be a minimum of 40 years to sale it? What happens if it takes longer then a year to sale out?

Do you really believe DVD will market a new property with only a 40 year run?
Well, SSR was the first after OKW to be sold with a 50 year contract. VB, DHHIR, BWV, VWL (now BRV), and BCV all had less than 50 years when first sold.
Isn’t there a rule in Florida, it has to be a minimum of 40 years to sale it? What happens if it takes longer than a year to sale out?
It just has to have a 40 year lifespan when the condominium association is created. Or more specifically, the condominium association has to have a minimum 40 year lifespan. When it sells out is irrelevant.

Do you really believe DVD will market a new property with only a 40 year run?

I do not and I do wonder how a delay would impact that since it has to open in 2024 to have 49 yeads.

But, if it is added to PVB, does that 40 year requirement need to apply since it would be considered just a new phase?

But, if it is added to PVB, does that 40 year requirement need to apply since it would be considered just a new phase?
That is an interesting twist I did not consider. Hence why I am stalking the forums now for my Poly2 purchase.

That is an interesting twist I did not consider. Hence why I am stalking the forums now for my Poly2 purchase.
If the 40 years only counts for a new resort, then it doesn't even matter if they add to PVB...but I still believe that it will be its own association with at least a 50 point contract....

I'm in the camp of a new condo association for PVB2. However, I'm intrigued by the possibility they might match the expiration date to that of PVB1, so that both condo associations will end at the same time, allowing them to combine all the buildings into one condo association and sell them as one (after bringing them up to whatever the standards/desires might be at that time).

New association, same point charts for any studios in there. They can do whatever they want with the other point requirements. The 2 or 4 grand villas will be slightly lower priced or at the same price as the bungalows, only because they will sleep more.

New association, same point charts for any studios in there. They can do whatever they want with the other point requirements. The 2 or 4 grand villas will be slightly lower priced or at the same price as the bungalows, only because they will sleep more.
No reason to think the charts will be anything surprising or unusual, IMO. I seriously doubt they will stray too far from the point chart ratios they have at all the other WDW resorts. Studios will be very similar to the current PVB chart, 1 BR will be roughly double that, and 2 BR will be 30-40% more than a 1 BR.

I’m assuming the chart will be very similar to the VGF chart, within 10% plus or minus.

No reason to think the charts will be anything surprising or unusual, IMO. I seriously doubt they will stray too far from the point chart ratios they have at all the other WDW resorts. Studios will be very similar to the current PVB chart, 1 BR will be roughly double that, and 2 BR will be 30-40% more than a 1 BR.

I’m assuming the chart will be very similar to the VGF chart, within 10% plus or minus.
Completely agree. I think the only big uncertainty I have is how much they lean into the "Theme Park View", if at all.

With TPV, they can keep the Standard View and Lake/Lagoon View points near PVB/VGF levels but still move the entire resort's average points per night per room up.

Id bet even new they go with 40, makes too much sense from an options standpoint later and being able to combine all of PVB into one new deal when they expire.

Granted none of the current people who are there will still be there by then, but from a long-term corporate strategy standpoint, it makes a lot of sense.

Completely agree. I think the only big uncertainty I have is how much they lean into the "Theme Park View", if at all.

With TPV, they can keep the Standard View and Lake/Lagoon View points near PVB/VGF levels but still move the entire resort's average points per night per room up.
True, always a chance they invent a new premium booking category, which would be a bit of a departure. And more than likely there will be some of the 2 person "duo studios" or whatever they decide to call them.

They shouldn't be in a rush to sell the tower. Any undeclared points, they simply use for hotels until it's sold out. If they aren't bumping up the tower point charts for TPV, it feels like a missed opportunity by Iger.

[EDIT] After reading Disney 2nd quarter earnings and DVC sales dropping YoY, Disney may opt to do anything/everything they can to get the numbers up.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter