Poly to AKL After Fireworks?

odd man out

Mouseketeer
We will be staying at the AKL, but were thinking of having dinner at Polynesian Resort the day we arrive, timed to see the MK Fireworks from the beach afterwards. I assume I will take the bus from AKL to MK and then boat or monorail to Poly (and that to get back). However, I see that bus services to the parks cut off at some time before the parks close. So will I have a problem getting transportation to the MK from AKL if I don't leave early enough and will I have trouble getting from Poly to MK after the fireworks are over?

We will be staying at the AKL, but were thinking of having dinner at Polynesian Resort the day we arrive, timed to see the MK Fireworks from the beach afterwards. I assume I will take the bus from AKL to MK and then boat or monorail to Poly (and that to get back). However, I see that bus services to the parks cut off at some time before the parks close. So will I have a problem getting transportation to the MK from AKL if I don't leave early enough and will I have trouble getting from Poly to MK after the fireworks are over?
Buses run to the parks until closing time. Since you'll want to leave AKL at least 90 minutes before the fireworks, that won't be a problem.

You should be able to take the monorail or the boat from Poly to MK after the fireworks, but there'll be big crowds waiting for a bus at MK. If any other park is still open, you might want to get a bus to there, or to DS. Or you could avoid the whole mess and pay the $10-15 for an Uber or Lyft (assuming 4 or fewer riders and no kids under 6.) If you haven't used Uber before, the first ride may actually be free if you create your account with a referral/promo code.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter