• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Poly studio refurb

Yes although I haven't seen a definitive report that they got all of the murphy/sofa bed pieces in. There were some rooms that they were waiting on that piece of new furniture and so had put sleeper sofas in.

I was in a studio room at Poly in mid-December and liked the new look / murphy bed. However the hallways and elevators are in need of an overhaul. I know not a big deal but since the hallway is the first thing you see when you first walk into the building it took me by surprise that it looked dingy and the elevators looked dirty and banged up inside.

It was a VERY light overall. They needed a bit more as they kept some of the beat up furniture and fixtures, but something is better than nothing. The Murphy bed is a huge win for sure.

Well that news is disappointing! I‘m beginning to think it’s always “what’s the minimum we can do and get away with” anymore with Disney. Sad. I miss the days when the service was top notch and truly magical. Been lacking since before Covid, seems worse since Covid.

Right now, construction material and labor prices are up through the roof. If Disney sets reserves for capital improvements and adjusts for normal, anticipated inflation, then the fees collected prior to the refurb may not be sufficient to accommodate all of the anticipated refurbishments. Disney may be forced to value engineer some of the scope in order to at least get some work done, if not all of it, within the funding available.

Wasn't this update supposed to be soft goods? I'd say they actually went above and beyond for a soft goods.

They 100% did. And yes it was Poly's place in line for a soft goods refresh. But its such a heavily occupied place the furniture and fixtures are pretty beat up in some units. The coffee tables not being replaced stand out the most. Its was definitely much needed though and we are happy to stay there with this refresh.

I stayed in a renovated, lakeview room in October 2021, and it was simply gorgeous. Maybe the best in all of DVC. This was above and beyond a soft goods refresh.

I stayed in a renovated, lakeview room in October 2021, and it was simply gorgeous. Maybe the best in all of DVC. This was above and beyond a soft goods refresh.

We did not have the same luck in December. Glad some are up to quality at least.

Poly was only due for a soft goods refurb although it was actually moved up in the schedule because Disney decided to take advantage of the hotel closure and refurb it. Still it's a little surprising they didn't replace the hallway carpet and take care of the elevators although honestly those should be retouched up frequently whenever necessary.

Poly was only due for a soft goods refurb although it was actually moved up in the schedule because Disney decided to take advantage of the hotel closure and refurb it. Still it's a little surprising they didn't replace the hallway carpet and take care of the elevators although honestly those should be retouched up frequently whenever necessary.
And re-cladding an elevator isn't the costliest proposition either.

We stayed in a refurbed standard view after Christmas and loved it as well. Once we get our points back in whack we are going to probably try to stay at Poly most of the time. Have a need for a 1 BR at Christmas (wife will have to virtually teach a couple of days) and then a 1 BR for Aulani the following summer.

We just got back from the Poly, and loved the refurbed rooms. Only downside was that when the Murphy Bed was down, you couldn't see the beautiful sofa and picture. 😂

they did replace the hallway carpet

Attachments

• D90034FD-6239-4C63-96E5-543F80579639.jpeg
    D90034FD-6239-4C63-96E5-543F80579639.jpeg
    78.3 KB · Views: 49
  • 64658012-F0E0-428A-A197-08759AF662A2.jpeg
    64658012-F0E0-428A-A197-08759AF662A2.jpeg
    100.2 KB · Views: 50

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter