Poly studio accessible

I think the square footage is the same but the layout is different. The balcony has a door versus a slider, some have roll in showers, lower countertop for the kitchenette. You might check the Disabilities forum for this question.

Agree that its the same square footage. The difference in the rooms are the amenities.

As mentioned, instead of a slider it has a door. My sister was in one with a roll-in shower. It still had the 2 bathroom areas but instead of a tub in the bathroom with the toilet and sink it had the roll in shower. And I'm not just realizing that I didn't email MS about an issue - they did not put the microwaves down on the counter - it was up on the shelf like all the other rooms. I had to assist my sister with the use of it as she could not reach it. :sad2: I really don't know who approves the HA room setups at Disney but we have yet to encounter one that doesn't have at least one really bad feature that is anything but accessible. PVB does have automatic door openers on the entry door though which is a big plus for entry.

Agree that its the same square footage. The difference in the rooms are the amenities.

As mentioned, instead of a slider it has a door. My sister was in one with a roll-in shower. It still had the 2 bathroom areas but instead of a tub in the bathroom with the toilet and sink it had the roll in shower. And I'm not just realizing that I didn't email MS about an issue - they did not put the microwaves down on the counter - it was up on the shelf like all the other rooms. I had to assist my sister with the use of it as she could not reach it. :sad2: I really don't know who approves the HA room setups at Disney but we have yet to encounter one that doesn't have at least one really bad feature that is anything but accessible. PVB does have automatic door openers on the entry door though which is a big plus for entry.
Probably the same people who select the furniture select the placement of the microwaves. Never had such bad furniture for sitting, way too low for anyone who isn't five years old.

Just an FYI, there are 2 elevators. a smallish one that 'faces' the main door, and a larger one just around the corner to the left. This one is better for ECVs as you have much more space.

Probably the same people who select the furniture select the placement of the microwaves. Never had such bad furniture for sitting, way too low for anyone who isn't five years old.

And I get it's difficult as there are different needs but they tend towards those that need low - except this PVB microwave. They could do some design that incorporated higher and lower seating.

VGF was fairly decent although the auto door opener would be a good addition at all the resorts. That one was an accessible tub room so don't know about the ones with roll in shower. There was a higher transition between the room and the bathroom that would have been better to be eliminated but workable. However housekeeping was placing the paper plates and plasticware in a high cupboard. At least that can be fixed - or at least I'd think it should be able to be fixed with a little training. I think I did send a note about that one.

Just an FYI, there are 2 elevators. a smallish one that 'faces' the main door, and a larger one just around the corner to the left. This one is better for ECVs as you have much more space.

In Tokelau, both elevators were the same small size. Barely fit a medium sized, 4 wheel Pride scooter. You have to start on the right half of the doorway, And then drive straight in about 3/4ths of the way, And then swing sharply to the left. if the front of the scooter is touching the left wall and the side of the front wheel is touching the back wall, then you should have about 1 inch of clearance on the doors.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter