Poly lovers...are you out there?

Beanie

~*Snoopy Fan Forever*~
I know there are some Poly lovers on this board and I would love to hear about this resort! Mackey Mouse has told me a lot about it already, but I would love to hear more reviews of this resort...I am planning our August vacation and I want to stay there since I have never stayed at a Monorail resort...We walked the grounds during Dis Con before we ate at Ohana's and I fell in love with the place! :) Do they also have Zero Depth Pool Entry like AKL? I thought I had saw that! :)

Any thoughts would be appreciated!! :)

I wish I was back there right now! :(

DH and I were there Dec. 15-19 as part of the land/sea package. We stayed in the Tahiti longhouse, room 2048. This was a garden view room and was the first room off the elevator. If money were no object for us, I'm sure we would go there over and over again. This was my first WDW trip and I think I was spoiled by staying in such a beautiful resort my first time because now I'll have a hard time staying anywhere else!

The atmosphere at the Polynesian is spectacular. The landscaping is so beautiful with the palm trees, flowers, and especially the torches at night. I never minded the late night walks to Captain Cook's to refill our mugs because it went by so quickly since I was enjoying the torches on my way there and back.

The Tahiti longhouse was so convenient for transportation to the parks also. It was a very short walk over to the TTC to get the monorail/bus to the parks. I think by our last day I could've walked that route with my eyes closed. ;)

I'm sorry if I'm rambling on here. This is my first post since I've been back and the memories are so fresh in my mind that I'm just going on and on. If there are any other specific questions you have, I'll try to answer them. Now that the trip is over, the DIS is my closest connection to it all!

To summarize, though, I would highly recommend this resort to anyone considering it! We loved it and I wanted to move in! LOL! Boy, do I miss those palm trees and torches.

Good luck with your plans!

We also stayed in the Tahiti longhouse with a waterview. The view of the castle was amazing but if you have a garden view you can just go to the beach and watch the fireworks at night to avoid some of the crowds. The pool is zero depth entry and has a slide that my kids loved. The Poly is so convenient because you can either get the monorail in the GCH or you can just walk to the TTC and get it from there. Don't forget to enjoy the atmosphere at the Poly. I must agree that the night time walks with the torches lit is very relaxing and enjoyable. I don't think you can go wrong with the Poly.

The Polynesian is a great resort. We just stayed in Rapa Nui, which is right next to Tahiti and it was a great location for us, nice and quiet after a busy day at the parks.

The pool is zero depth entry and heated and the slide is fantastic.

The monorail is fab because you can walk to TTC for Epcot or MK and you can go to GCH for just MK.

And even if you don't have a lagoon view, you can always walk out to the beach - it took like 2 minutes from our building - and watch the EWP or the fireworks - which happened every night while we were there.

I am sure Tikiman will sound in here sooner or later - he's the resident Polynesian expert. I don't think anyone has posted his website on this thread, so here it is if you want to take a look-see:

http://tikiman2001.homestead.com

Poly is the first and only disney resort I have ever stayed, and it is the "honeymoon resort" of me and my DH. So it does stand out among other resorts. If money is not an issue, we would return to Poly in a heart beat.

We got a garden view room at Tokelau. But our room was at the end near the beach, so we also got a partial lagoon view. The room was also close to the beautiful sandy beach. So we enjoyed taking a little walk on the beach in the morning and evening.

Monorail makes commute a piece of "pineapple" cake.

Love how the fire lamp lights up in the garden at night.

Didn't get a chance to swim so don't have the answer for your swimming pool question.

Poly is a very romantic resort for couple, especially when childless.

There really isn't anything else I can add to this that the other posters haven't mentioned, other than it is our favorite resort! We stayed in Tokelau and loved it. In fact, I am in the process of planning our June 2003 trip.
The theming, in my opinion, is just incredible. We really liked O'hana's, and my kids especially loved the pool. There were many times that they wanted to just stay and swim rather than go to a park!
I was considering trying the GF this trip (stayed at the Contemporary once and that was enough for me -- it's a fine resort, but just not my "cup of tea"), but no one in the family wants to go anywhere but the Polynesian!
:D

We've stayed at the Polynesian 10 times and we just can't think of a better place to stay. The ambiance of the resort is like no other. The feeling when you arrive there is unreal. You actually feel like you are in Hawaii. The grounds are beautiful-and the volcano pool is lots of fun! It is a deluxe resort, but it is worth every penny. Ohana's is great for dinner, Kona Cafe is wonderful for breakfast and lunch and the Luau is so much fun!
I can't say enough about the Poly--and I can't wait to go there next year for our Fairytale Wedding!!

The Polynesian is amazing. The smell of the tropical plants and the tiki torches are wonderful. I can't wait to be back.

My son got tired while we were in Kona Cafe on one of our trips. Actually, he had plenty of energy, he just got tired of sitting. My mother was with us and took him out to listen to the live music outside of the bar. He danced along with the lady playing and we all had a blast watching him. That is just one of the many wonderful memories we have of the Polynesian. The view of the castle is the best in all of the "World" to me. It feels like a dream when your sitting there looking out over the water at this magical place.

The cm's are very friendly and the pool is great. The zero depth entry is perfect for my two year old.

Can you tell that I love it.

Myra

We have 3 young kids and the MK is our favorite park so where else would we stay:cool:
Here are a few reasons why we enjoy the Polynesian (especially in the hot summer months)
Location:cool: Besides being close to the MK it's a monorail ride away from the GF (or you can walk) and the CR. I always enjoy visiting these resorts for other shopping and dinning desires. With it being so close to the MK I love to hear the train whistle in the morning.
You can watch the MK fireworks and the EWP on the beach.
Transportation- Monorail to MK and a nice walk to the TTC to get the monorail to Epcot. Boat rides to and from the MK.
Theme: The grounds are so lush and beautiful:cool: The music that is played throughout the resort. The volcano pool is very cool in the middle of the resort. Walking on the beach or resting in a hammock watching the sunset.
Pool: I love this pool:D The zero entry is great for our family. My 7 yr old loves the slide, my 4 yr old loves to play in the sand and I can sit in the shallow end with my toddler:cool: You can also watch the MK fireworks while swimming at night. A Lava Flow from the bar is a must while soaking up some sun.
Restaurants: 'Ohana's is one of our favorite places to eat dinner. The Kona cafe is nice too. They have the best coffee:D
The GCH: I just enjoy walking in there and hearing the waterfall:D I enjoy the shops in there and I like the casual atmosphere.
Rooms: I do wish the rooms were a little more exciting, but they are nice and spacious and having a daybed is great. I know I'm like the only person who enjoys having the sink in the bathroom, but it's nice that I can get ready in the morning without waking my kids up.
Size: I like size of the resort. It feels intimate to me. No sharing pools or restaurants with other resorts. The longhouses are close to each other and everything is compact and within a quick and easy walk.
I really enjoy staying at the Polynesian. We are going to WDW in January and this will be the first time in 4 visits that we haven't stayed at the Polynesian:(
Oh I almost forgot I love to hear all the CM's say "ALOHA":tongue:

WE WERE BLOWN AWAY BY THE POLY! EACH OF US ENJOYED SOMETHING DIFFERENT. THERE WERE 6 OF US ( DD 5, DD 2, NIECE 10, NIECE 17, SISTER IN-LAW, AND ME) TIKIMAN'S SITE WAS FANTASTIC IN PLANNING OUR VISIT. WE STAYED IN HAWAII LAGOON VIEW. WE REQUESTED FIRST FLOOR... THE PATIO WAS AWSOME! THE BEACH WAS JUST STEPS AWAY. THE FIRST MORNING WE WERE THERE, A COUPLE GOT MARRIED RIGHT OUTSIDE OUR PATIO! THE ELECTRIC WATER PARADE IS FANTASTIC. WE USED THE BOAT MOST OF THE TIME TO GO TO THE MK. IT IS FAST AND REALLY ENJOYABLE. THE CMS ARE GREAT! THEY ARE ALWAYS LOADED WITH INFO. WE WERE ABLE TO WATCH THE SPACE SHUTTLE ENDEAVOR WHILE WE WERE THERE. THE ROOMS WERE SPACIOUS AND THE UPCOMING RENOVATIONS WILL JUST ADD TO THE EXPERIENCE. CAN'T WAIT TO GO BACK NEXT DECEMBER! DEAR HUBBY GAVE ME $ TO START THE NEXT WDW TRIP FOR MY CHRISTMAS PRESENT. ( HE KNOWS ME BETTER THAN I THOUGHT!) MERRY CHRISTMAS!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter