Poly lobby FINISHED!

Despite being in the minority, I still have to say I really like it!!! :goodvibes

Though, I will like it MUCH more when the lobby is further completed by adding the Tiki centrepiece to the water feature and other finishing touches.

I like it, though I miss the prior. It looks more like an ordinary resort, but still elegant. The lighting is excellent, dark with nice highlighting.

I really like it. I see why they did it now.

(I was not a huge Poly fan before, so I didn't have any attachments to the prior waterfall)

I like it. Much more open. I really like the Furniture. Really nice and they needed more of a seating area.

Now tell me when Trader Sam's opens.:thumbsup2

Can't wait for Trader Sam's to open!! Sure hope it is by the time we're there at the end of May. :goodvibes

I love the new lobby!!

Carla

It's not quite "finished". There are a few touches they have to finish up. I'm a bit underwhelmed. I think it's nice enough, but it isn't a "wow" for me. Maybe when I see it in person.

I actually like how it's set up, but I don't like the color scheme at all. :(

I like it, but wish they did a better water feature and left Boutiki instead of the DVC desk. That was kind of a slap in the face.

nice. it's always hard for me to tell off of videos though. I did love the waterfall though.

LOL the reviews under the video are a bit less than flattering

I like it, but wish they did a better water feature and left Boutiki instead of the DVC desk. That was kind of a slap in the face.

Not sure what you are saying about Boutiki. It's still there and clearly seen in the pictures.

I think the previous lobby was more in line with the Polynesian theme and the hotel's back story. But I do like the openness and freshness of the new lobby. I think there are still some finishing touches to be done that will make the water feature look a little better.

I try not to be the guy who doesn't appreciate changes, but this is underwhelming to me. It's like Polynesian Express or Polynesian by Marriott. Unless Trader Sam's turns out to be very special, I don't see us visiting often. :earsboy:

I like it, though I miss the prior. It looks more like an ordinary resort, but still elegant. The lighting is excellent, dark with nice highlighting.

Agreed. While I like it, it seems generic and I miss the old lobby. It'll grow on me.

I've been staying at the Poly since I was a toddler so the old lobby has so much nostalgia for me but I like the update. I'll be curious to see if they add anything else to make it pop once the Christmas tree comes down.

When the pool is finished and you will be able to walk in through the main doors and can see the castle/lake I think it will all be worth it.

Not sure what you are saying about Boutiki. It's still there and clearly seen in the pictures.

I think the previous lobby was more in line with the Polynesian theme and the hotel's back story. But I do like the openness and freshness of the new lobby. I think there are still some finishing touches to be done that will make the water feature look a little better.

Sorry, what I ment was the Boutiki Tiki statue not the shop. I wasn't very clear.

I like it a lot. It feels a lot more open and spacious. I always felt crammed in when I was in the lobby in the past.

I don't hate it but it's just a typical hotel lobby now. It doesn't scream "polynesian" or "tropical" to me... just "Holiday Inn". Contrast that with the GF or the WL lobbies.

Although it's still better than the CR lobby but it doesn't have the awesome Atrum view on the 3rd floor. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter