Poly & July 4th fireworks?

S. C.

The mitten state
I've been reading on these boards to watch fireworks from the poly beach to avoid the crowds at MK on the 4th. How crowded is the beach on the 4th, and do we need dinner reservations at the poly to have access to watch from the beach? If we do make dinner reservations do they only give you so long to be on property. Thanks in advance.

Last year, they were checking resort ID's of people trying to watch the fireworks from the Poly oh July 4th. They were asking people who weren't staying at the Poly to leave the beach. You will need dinner ressies to gain access to the Poly the night of the 4th as well, they were VERY tight there last year. I know this, since we had friends at the Poly, we were at the GF and they told us when we ran into them later on in our trip.

DO NOT use the Polynesian beach if you are not staying there! Last year, a lot of people did the same thing you are suggesting and TRASHED the beach! People who paid for lagoon views and had patios had their chairs stolen from people who weren't staying at the Polynesian. People who decided to "use" the Polynesian took all the pool towels, all the lawn chairs and basically ruined the view for all the people who paid to stay at the Polynesian on July 4th. In my opinion, unless you are staying there on the 4th of July, you shouldn't be taking up the viewing space of the people who are paying a lot of money.

(edit) I am not assuming that you will personally trash the place, but when rumors like this spread, selfish, uncaring people can take advantage. Yeah, they are supposed to check IDs but I also read here that even though people were asked to leave, it wasn't enforced.

If you want to be far away, go to the TTC down by the boat launch or some other public area.

If you are dining, you will receive a parking pass for 3 hours...and while I was there in December, that 3 huors was being enforced. During our week there, I personally saw 3 cars being towed away.

I'll add my 2 cents here and say that viewing the fireworks from the observation deck in the Contemporary has been restricted to California Grill guests. Just watch the fireworks from the park, crowds can be fun!

I feel that if you make dinner reservations and are a polite guest, watching the fireworks from the beach area should be perfectly acceptable.

This is the first that I have heard of a limited parking pass for three hours if you have dinner reservations at a resort.

What about the dinner guests who take Disney transportation, which I assume would be the majority? :mad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter