Poly in early August or CBR over Christmas?

Vern60

DIS Veteran
I've priced both and they are pretty similar. (Meaning a week at the Poly in early August vs a week over Christmas at the Caribbean - including airfare from pacific nw).
I'm leaning towards CBR as there might be some easing of restrictions by then, not to mention lack of brutal summer heat or hurricane threat. Also Christmas decorations and now with the skyliner it makes the CBR sound more attractive. Crowds might be much worse by Christmas though.
Your thoughts?

Caribbean Beach Resort at Christmas as Disney World is so hot in August, but I have to admit, I am from Minnesota!

Poly is very nice & convenient to Magic Kingdom; however, in this situation I would take CBR during Christmas. It's hot in August & there will probably still be restrictions from COVID. The holiday season is beautiful. The weather is nice, the decorations are amazing, there are experiences that don't happen any other time of the year such as the Candlelight Processional in Epcot.
No matter what you decide, have a magical vacation.

Poly is very nice & convenient to Magic Kingdom; however, in this situation I would take CBR during Christmas. It's hot in August & there will probably still be restrictions from COVID. The holiday season is beautiful. The weather is nice, the decorations are amazing, there are experiences that don't happen any other time of the year such as the Candlelight Processional in Epcot.
No matter what you decide, have a magical vacation.
Thanks all for the replies.
Yep, good points and I am 99% sure doing CBR during the Holiday's will be a better plan. Especially not knowing what changes COVID will bring. Also, being able to try the new skyliner should be a blast, (I have to admit I love Disney transportation, save the buses), and I'd forgotten but with the new Riviera resort and Spyglass grill we'll have even more dining choices nearby to explore.
And I'd also forgotten DisneyOrBustColorado about the Candlelight Processional, that with the nicer weather and decorations, now I'm super excited and not missing the Poly so much, hehe

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter