Poly fans - convince me it's worth it

For me:

Arrival-OMG there a monorail, what color.

Then we walk out of the GCH and is just hits me, you can see the castle, you can hear the toot toots from the boats and the train. You can hear the howl from the haunted mansion.

I stayed there as a kid and always loved the smell, my cousin too. We'd just inhale but that smell is mostly gone but every so often I do get a whiff.

For us we mainly go to MK and Epcot so the monorail access for both is a no brainier.

The feel of the resort at night is unlike any other resort on property. It's magical. Difficult to explain and needs to be experienced.

This is very accurate imo. The resort really needs to be experienced to fully understand why it is loved so much by so many. I don't think it's the most photogenic of the Disney resorts. But when you are at the Poly at night with the tiki torches burning, the music playing along the walkways, watching Wishes from the beach, etc, you will know why it is "worth it". It's actually more than "worth it" imo if you are a huge wdw fan like I am. In fact , it's pretty much priceless.

I think that if you've always dreamed of staying there, you should do it.

Maybe try to 'find' money elsewhere? Cut a few things out and put it in the 'Poly Fund' :)

I like the idea of a "Poly Fund" - Figure out the difference between your typical trip and staying there, then anytime you save a bit on something else, drop it in a decorated can/jar/whatever.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter