Poly DVC rooms

johnkrusinski

Mouseketeer
Are the poly DVic rooms scheduled to get the refurb before October. I am wondering about the bungalows specifically . Are they being refurbed and if so will they be done by October 1 .thanks

They have not released an official timeline for the refurbishment, but DVC has blocked off the second half of August through mid September for the studios so people are assuming the rooms have been taken out of inventory for the refurbishment. This is just speculation though.

Towels and sheets are the soft goods, no furniture.

Furniture is often reupholstered during a soft goods refurbishment. Also new wall coverings, floor coverings, window coverings. It's a rather extensive refresh of the rooms, but usually does not involve any (much) physical construction or furniture replacement.

IIRC, soft goods are refreshed every ~7 years, and hard goods are refurbed every ~14 years.

Yes, that is the current standard.

Are there any rumors as to whether they are going to incorporate the Moana theming in the DVC rooms?
There has been no timetable established for Poly DVC refurbs. It will be a minor refresh some time in 2021 according to info released at the annual meeting in December. A minor refresh usually means soft goods only (paint, curtains, bedding, carpet/flooring and wall coverings).

Are there any rumors as to whether they are going to incorporate the Moana theming in the DVC rooms?
When DVC renovates, they usually remove the theming, not add theming. I don't see Moana joining DVC, but I could be wrong.

IIRC, soft goods are refreshed every ~7 years, and hard goods are refurbed every ~14 years.
Per the association dues information sent out last year, the expected years remaining on interiors is 1-22 years. The refurbishment fund balance is no where near enough to do a full hard goods refurb right now. We better hope the interiors hold up or we will be getting a very large dues bill in a few years. A full interior refurb is estimated to cost $35mil, and total capital reserves are only $16mil. You can find all this in the association paperwork that describes the expenses and revenue for the past year.

So, some people have posted a picture of the renovated bungalows today. I haven't seen it on any news sites yet. For the bungalows, they did replace the sofa with the new blue sofa that's in the hotel rooms and they reupholstered the chairs to the new Moana blue. It also looks like they removed a beam from over the windows, but I'm not sure if that room was completely done yet. I don't want to post their picture (it was from a DVC Facebook group) because I'm not sure where the picture originated.

However, Moana lite is coming to the Poly DVC.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter