poly, cr or gf

married2mm

DIS Veteran
For a one night stay for MK (with aft rest in room)

Party of 3- me,dh ( late 40's) & dmil (86) in a wheelchair -pushed by dh.

Which would be best/most accessible/not too far from monorail or boats to rooms?

How are you going to get an afternoon rest in the room when only staying 1 night. Check in at 4pm check out at 11am.

Contemporary is pretty good if your husband is ok ouching the wheelchair to the MK it's walkable.

Minniesgal is right - it may be impossible to get an afternoon rest in the room at the resort. With only one night your room may not be ready even at the 3:00 pm check in time. We have been as late as 6:00 pm getting into our room (although getting into the room around check in time is more common). You might be lucky and get into the room early in the day but you need to know that it is always possible that you also might not.

There are no boats that will take a wheelchair from the monorail resorts to the MK, unless you stay at the Poly and walk to the TTC and take the ferry boat from there.

The monorail will take you from either of the MK resorts to the MK, as long as it is running. If it is not running, then there is a bus provided or the small boat (NOT wheelchair accessible). That narrows your choice down to the CR where you can walk to the MK even if the monorail is not running OR the Poly where you can walk to the TTC and take the ferry.

I agree with PP's that the CR is the best option.

ETA: from your other post, I note that you are considering FW cabins. That might actually work better for you. With 2 days there you would be able to go back for an afternoon nap. Also, you can park by the cabin and drive to the MK parking lot (as you suggested). From there you can take the ferry or the monorail (if running) to the MK. OR if your cabin is near the boat dock at FW, you can walk to the boat and take the boat from FW to the MK. Many of the boats running from the FW to the MK are wheelchair accessible.

Last edited:

I would probably choose CR GW, to save money. I would get there when you want to go to the park, check your bags at bell services, and head out. Come back when the room is ready, for your rest.

btw if my deluxe room wasn't ready at 3pm, and they wanted me out the next day at 11am, I'd be asking for a price adjustment or meal compensation. When you are paying $300 and up for a room, per day, no excuse to be waiting for a room until 6pm, as one poster mentioned. A 3 hour delay is worth about $50, at least.

Minniesgal is right - it may be impossible to get an afternoon rest in the room at the resort. With only one night your room may not be ready even at the 3:00 pm check in time. We have been as late as 6:00 pm getting into our room (although getting into the room around check in time is more common). You might be lucky and get into the room early in the day but you need to know that it is always possible that you also might not.

There are no boats that will take a wheelchair from the monorail resorts to the MK, unless you stay at the Poly and walk to the TTC and take the ferry boat from there.

The monorail will take you from either of the MK resorts to the MK, as long as it is running. If it is not running, then there is a bus provided or the small boat (NOT wheelchair accessible). That narrows your choice down to the CR where you can walk to the MK even if the monorail is not running OR the Poly where you can walk to the TTC and take the ferry.

I agree with PP's that the CR is the best option.

ETA: from your other post, I note that you are considering FW cabins. That might actually work better for you. With 2 days there you would be able to go back for an afternoon nap. Also, you can park by the cabin and drive to the MK parking lot (as you suggested). From there you can take the ferry or the monorail (if running) to the MK. OR if your cabin is near the boat dock at FW, you can walk to the boat and take the boat from FW to the MK. Many of the boats running from the FW to the MK are wheelchair accessible.

I think the cr would work best for me and dh.
Overnight-I was also thinking the cabins may well be the preferred option.

Be sure to choose the option for getting your room asap during online check-in.

The Contemporary- they have a lot of couch areas on the second floor of the resort that are nice to rest in if you head up and then head as though you are going towards the convention center- this would be a nice option if your room is not ready when you want to rest.

The Contemporary- they have a lot of couch areas on the second floor of the resort that are nice to rest in if you head up and then head as though you are going towards the convention center- this would be a nice option if your room is not ready when you want to rest.

Sounds good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter