Poly and BRV mattresses removable for floor bed?

justme0729

DIS Veteran
Can anyone check or already know if you can remove the Poly and BRV Murphy mattresses (twin or queen) from the frames? We have upcoming stays and like to move the mattress on the floor for our 2 year old like she has at home. She will fall off the bed even with bed rails.

They're not designed to be removable. You can always bring a foldable mat or blow up mattress with you. There's generally extra bedding and pillows in the closet area.

I can tell you right now, other guests aren't going to appreciate you removing the mattress from the frame and placing it on a gross floor that rarely gets more than vacuumed (if that).

I mean I wouldn't want my kid on the floor solely because it's Florida and well ...

https://www.disboards.com/threads/p...ind-it-now-and-front-desk-won’t-help.3927130/

The Queen Murphy mattresses presumably need to be securely attached to the frame for safety, I wouldn’t mess w/ trying to detach one out of consideration for the safety of subsequent guests, not to mention the hassle of wrangling a queen size mattress while you lift the bed frame back up to free up some space for it in those small studios & they’d jut further into the room since they’d have to be in front of the sofa rather than on top of it like it is when used as it’s designed to be used.
As for the small twin under the TV, they are pretty low to the ground to begin w/ & apparently some do put those on the floor, see this thread https://www.disboards.com/threads/question-about-new-pull-down-bed-in-ssr-renovated-room.3852504/
There’s also the pack n play provided for babies/toddlers.

Buy a fat inflatable pool noodle (you can get them from Amazon at this time of year) and ask for an extra sheet from housekeeping. Lay the sheet out flat, inflate the pool noodle, and fold the sheet over it so that the noodle is inside the fold. Tuck the sheet under the mattress so that the noodle forms a soft rail. This was our hotel go-to when our kids were little. (Disney does have bed rails available if you reserve in advance, but this is an option if you prefer a soft rail.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter