Polo Shirt Remy Brunch

Lance T

Earning My Ears
We have a brunch and desserts booked at Remy. The dress code just says a dress shirt is required. I'm wondering if a polo or golf shirt is ok for this, or if it has to be a button down shirt.

Thanks for all the great advice we've gotten on this site. Can't wait for our cruise, just over a week away!

We have a brunch and desserts booked at Remy. The dress code just says a dress shirt is required. I'm wondering if a polo or golf shirt is ok for this, or if it has to be a button down shirt.

Thanks for all the great advice we've gotten on this site. Can't wait for our cruise, just over a week away!
IMO, neither a polo shirt or a golf shirt is a "dress shirt". But I don't make the call.

My understanding (having looked this up just last night as we packed) was that Remy dinner requires a tux or suit/suit jacket for men. Palo, on the other hand, seems to define its dress code on what not to wear and is less formal.

DH will be wearing his tux to dinner at Remy (semi formal night anyways, so might as well) and a pair of chinos with a Tommy Bahama to dinner at Palo. Honestly he had picked a suit for Palo dinner but I weighed the suitcase and said no!

The question's about Remy brunch, not dinner - polo shirt would not cut it at dinner but it would be allowed at brunch.

The question's about Remy brunch, not dinner - polo shirt would not cut it at dinner but it would be allowed at brunch.

Actually - Op asked about brunch and the dessert experience, no? Since dessert happens in the evening would the dress code be the evening dress code?

The brunch is at 12:30 for us and the day we have desserts is at 3:30. The website says the dress code for both is just the dress shirt, no jacket required.

The brunch is at 12:30 for us and the day we have desserts is at 3:30. The website says the dress code for both is just the dress shirt, no jacket required.

You could certainly check once you're on the ship, but in my mind Remy is always more formal than Palo even at brunch. I've done brunch and the desert experience at Remy, and don't remember seeing anyone in a polo shirt. In fact if I recall correctly the men had jackets on, but I don't think that's a requirement. I would definitely pack a button down shirt.

Perfect, thanks! I'll make sure to pack one. Was hoping to get by packing as little as possible but better safe than sorry. Can't wait!

We were waiting for our Palo dinner one night and a couple showed up for their dinner at Remy. He only had a shirt on, so they loaned him a jacket, that's always an option if luggage space is a premium!

IMO a polo shirt is not a dress shirt. However, Palo can be flexible. On our Alaska Cruise this year, they let someone in with a cheesy sweatshirt on. The waiter said that he’s never seen it so lax before and thought it was because Palo bookings were down. He said it’s up to the manager to determine how strict they want to be.

We did Remy brunch and dessert experience. My husband wore a pair of chinos and a dress shirt (no tie) to both.

IMO a polo shirt is not a dress shirt. However, Palo can be flexible. On our Alaska Cruise this year, they let someone in with a cheesy sweatshirt on. The waiter said that he’s never seen it so lax before and thought it was because Palo bookings were down. He said it’s up to the manager to determine how strict they want to be.
We had brunch at Palo two days ago and saw a guy being shown in with a sleeveless shirt. Ugh. I wish Disney had kept up the dress codes all around...

Everyone else was dressed nicely, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter