• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pollo Campero

goofy4wdw2

DIS Veteran
How is Pollo Campero in DTD? What do you recommend?? Are the Campero beans like baked beans and is the rice plain or flavored? We're going to try it for lunch during our upcoming trip (and will be trying Babycakes, too!). Thanks in advance!

It's quite good. We ate there twice and everyone enjoyed it. I didn't try the beans so can't comment, but the yucca fries are pretty good and very unique. The fried chicken is tasty and I believe they had a flavored rice and a plain rice option. They also have a juice bar. We tried the Horchata and the Jamaica, both good but a little too on the sweet side for my liking. If you decide to try them I'd suggest getting the smallest size.

If you sign up for their email list (I believe within 2 weeks from the time you plan to eat there) they'll send you a coupon for a free dessert (no purchase necessary). We liked the tres leches cake better than the flan.

Enjoy!

I wasn't pleased with their menu. We tried a Pollo Campero in Texas and they had an entirely different menu - more items available. I understand that there are two different Pollo Camperos - one with a the chicken logo and one with a PC logo. We like the PC logo because they are the ones that offer an extended menu including empanadas. The one at DTD is the chicken logo.

My whole family thought it was gross. We won't ever go back. DH's was an extremely dry chicken sandwich with a very mayonaissey sauce (actually I think their Pollo Campero sauce is a blend of mayonaisse and ketchup). DD had I had other kinds of chicken and they were dry and tastless. The fried plantains were okay. Whatever brand of juice box they have, DD took one sip and was completely grossed out.

We tried it for the first time last month and we all liked it. DD liked the rice so much when she tried mine that she wanted her own. My chicken was juicy and they had empanadas on the menu - I tried one and it was OK, but I liked the chicken better.

We went in March and enjoyed it.we did keep it very simple but found the food to be pretty good!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter