Poll- Your Pet peeves

My pet peeve: people who sign up for fitness classes and then don't show up. This prevents other people from signing up if all of the spots are taken. I was in a spin class on our last cruise. Every slot had a name on it, including waitlist. Only 3 of us took the class. I realize people have the best intentions when they add their names and that other things come up or you lose track of time, but it's almost like people putting towels on pool loungers and then disappear all day.
I've been pressured to sign up for a fitness class so maybe they just sign up to pacify the fitness trainer.

I am very quick to say "excuse me", even when I may not be entirely in the wrong. So if, for example, I am about to walk through the door at the same time as someone coming through the opposite way, I would likely step aside to allow the other person to go through and say "excuse me". When they do not also say "excuse me" it frustrates me! I may be guilty of passive aggressively saying "and excuse you too" if it's really rude. :blush:
I agree your're passive aggressive.

Wow! So they serve as dumpsters too? The nerve of some people. Sorry you have dealt with this. I may give the FE a go for our cruise next year (have to make a new one with our baby girl's name :lovestruc) Hoping we don't have sad stories to tell.

A couple of times we found empty drink cups and candy wrappers, etc. -- nothing gross, but I do think these instances are more rare than the norm -- and it just depends on how many bored teens or youngsters you have staying on your deck :duck:

The worst case I've ever seen of that on all our cruises was during the Panama Canal -- teens were literally laying down the stairwells and blocking passage on many decks -- unendingly complaining about how bored they were and why did their parents bring them. So sad!

Sorry, but I keep thinking of new ones...................also sorry if they are repeats as I have not read all 28 pages of previous.

Being asked 15 times as soon as i am on the boat if I want a water package, drink of the day or beer package when we have Platinum lanyards on. If those are things I need, I will definitely reach out to them if I need one of those things.

Sorry, but I keep thinking of new ones...................also sorry if they are repeats as I have not read all 28 pages of previous.

Being asked 15 times as soon as i am on the boat if I want a water package, drink of the day or beer package when we have Platinum lanyards on. If those are things I need, I will definitely reach out to them if I need one of those things.

I've gotten to the point where I just hold up my hand and keep walking. You're right, if they see you are platinum, they should know that you are fully aware of the drill and what's available.

I'm pretty much a live and let live kind of a person, though the purloining of my door magnets on our last sailing really irritated me as well.

What really makes me give you the WTH look is when I arrive early to an event with open seating (this is DCL or otherwise) and we park ourselves in a particular point in a row. Do not ask me to move so you can squeeze your large group in. Sometimes I WANT to be in the middle of the row. Yes, there are seats on either side of us. Go head and fill them in! But please do not ask me to move all the way to the end so you all can sit in a row, in the seat I chose long before you arrived.

Especially if you all are the type that have to get up in the middle of the show to visit the facilities, concessions, etc. [shade thrown]
LOL :-)

Chanting in the dining room. Just no. Esp at Triton's. The one negative thing about our recent cruise experience, and it was not our server's table, though we did have a chat about it on night 6 (at which point my tablemates and I were fed up because we had to stop all conversation when the chanting started, and each time they chanted-- 8 to 10 times per meal). :(

Chanting in the dining room. Just no. Esp at Triton's. The one negative thing about our recent cruise experience, and it was not our server's table, though we did have a chat about it on night 6 (at which point my tablemates and I were fed up because we had to stop all conversation when the chanting started, and each time they chanted-- 8 to 10 times per meal). :(

Oh my. I thought we only had to deal with that nonsense at Disney World. I don't know how you made it to day 6 before you said something. I would have said something the first meal!

Oh my. I thought we only had to deal with that nonsense at Disney World. I don't know how you made it to day 6 before you said something. I would have said something the first meal!

Oh, Heather-- I will tell you I was losing it by night 6. Our whole table thought it was reminiscent of certain tour groups. :mad: They were all adults, too.
I don't think it was as noticeable in Tiana's Place because it's just louder there. And we didn't eat in the MDR on night 4. I've got an email into DCL because it seemed like their server was sort of encouraging it. One table would start, and one other table joined in (maybe friends of the first group?). On the second Triton night, a 3rd table (mix of adults and kids) across the room almost started their own, but either their server or parents stopped them pretty quickly.
Nothing like having to stop a sentence mid-stream because of the noise, then try to remember what you were trying to say once they stopped.

Oh, Heather-- I will tell you I was losing it by night 6. Our whole table thought it was reminiscent of certain tour groups. :mad: They were all adults, too.
I don't think it was as noticeable in Tiana's Place because it's just louder there. And we didn't eat in the MDR on night 4. I've got an email into DCL because it seemed like their server was sort of encouraging it. One table would start, and one other table joined in (maybe friends of the first group?). On the second Triton night, a 3rd table (mix of adults and kids) across the room almost started their own, but either their server or parents stopped them pretty quickly.
Nothing like having to stop a sentence mid-stream because of the noise, then try to remember what you were trying to say once they stopped.

I would have been moved across the restaurant by the next meal or put on a different dining rotation. I can tolerate a lot but there is no reason to be yelling inside a sit down restaurant unless you're singing "Happy Birthday"!

I've never heard of chanting at the tabel. What were they chanting and why? I did hear a few birthday songs being sung, but that was it.

I don't know if it was something their server started, or the group started. Every time their server came by, there were loud chants that sounded like, "Palo, Palo, Palo" or may have been the name "Paulo"? So we heard this in the neighborhood of 8 or so times during the course of dinner. Sounded like they chanted a different name when the assistant server came by, so we guessed that they were 'cheering' on their servers. I don't know why. Their servers seemed to enjoy it. At any rate, totally inappropriate for a group of adults in a public space where others were trying to enjoy their nice dinners and have conversations. It was especially evident and annoying in Triton's because of the more toned-down atmosphere.

I spoke to our server about it on night 6, when I had just had enough, though I don't know how much control he could have over a table that was not his to serve. Didn't get a chance to speak to the head server about it. It's one thing if the guests are rude, and another if their server encouraged it, which is why I have emailed Guest Services.

This was completely separate from the various tables having Happy birthday sung.

Parents putting their kids in the pool when the arent fully potty trained.......................and then the pool being shut down when they use the pool as a toilet.
Parents that are too naive to realize they are swimming in urine...or maybe they don't care. Even potty trained kids have accidents many up to age 5 or 6.

Definitely the iPad photos! So annoying.

Wet swimsuits, no coverups and/or no footwear worn into the buffet. On our Last cruise a man was literally sopping wet, wearing nothing but a speedo, and bellying up for a bite... It was gross - visually and hygienically.

Line cutters... I have to speak up, and don't pretend you don't understand basic English, or common courtesy for that matter.

People changing diapers on pool lounge chairs... Or any public area not designated as a diaper changing spot!

We have a winner
The dripping man in the speedo.

Parents that are too naive to realize they are swimming in urine...or maybe they don't care. Even potty trained kids have accidents many up to age 5 or 6.
all public pools take on a daily infusion of urine due to bathers peeing in the pools and the chlorine levels in the pool typically would negate these pretty well but when there are feces in the pool...........they have to remove everyone and sterilize the pool due to the e coli potential.
I have never heard dining room chanting...............not something I would be particularly looking forward to either. Might would have booked a couple of palo reservations to avoid it I think.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter