Poll: Which one is the better corn dog?

Which is the better corn dog?

• Total voters

NorthernCalMom

Compulsive Touring Planner
We’re in the parks now. My daughter has never had a corn dog & really wants to try one this time around. Which one should we get? It’s also a possibility to get one in DLand today & the one in CA tomorrow (for science...). Let us know, please (also, it would help to know when you had one last & what your criteria for a “good” corn dog are). Thanks in advance for sharing your experience!

There is also Stage Door Cafe in Disneyland.

They are all the same corn dogs...some of the purist will say there is a slight difference as Stage Door Cafe also cooks fries in the fryers. I love me a good corn dog and I have never been able to detect a difference.

I haven't had one in CA but the DL one is fantastic. I can't wait to have one (in a few months :()

Love Corn Dog Castle at CA. We have had corn dogs from the Little Red Wagon a couple of times and think they are too greasy. We feel like they are definitely different- our little Red wagon ones have been dripping with grease and soggy- we have never had one like that from Corn Dog Castle. Had one from Corn Dog Castle two weeks ago. The criteria is 1) not too greasy or soggy 2) well covered in batter and even; 3) served hot and fresh- doesn't taste like it has been sitting a while; 4) flavor; 5) doesn't fall apart when you try to eat it. Corn Dog Castle is probably my favorite corn dog anywhere- Disney or not.

Stage Door cafe, because it comes with fries instead of chips and is convenient to eat in the air-conditioned Golden Horseshoe cafe.

And it is not posted anywhere...but at all three locations you can order the Corn Dogs "Ala Carte" with no side for a cheaper price.

Corn Dog Castle is our must-do, we like that you can get the spicy version.

Corn Dog Castle for sure. Little Red Wagon are super greasy every time. I don't think they have their oil hot enough.

My daughter swears the one in CA is better. I am not a huge corn dog person so haven't tried them personally.

I prefer the cart at DL. Ask skip the side and save a few dollars. Without the side a corn dog is around $6 which is the best cheap meal in the park IMHO.

Always ask to wait for a fresh one. They make them continuously so the one you get might have been sitting under heat lamps for a bit if it is a slow time of day.

The DCA location is great for the parade since it is right on the route and the part of the route that is the least busy.

They definitely were not the same when we had both last year. The one we had at Little Red Wagon had WAY too much batter and it was greasy. The one in DCA was delicious. Just the right amount of batter, crispy on the outside, soft on the inside, hot in the middle. And not greasy. And even though I don't like the spicy ones my husband does, so it's a good stop for us. Never had one at Stage Door.

Pretty sure they are all the same. Stage Door comes with fries (last I saw) where the others come with chips.

I have never really paid attention on the difference. I usually get the spicy one. The plus with CA is you can have it with a beer. :)
(not from that location but it’s a just a few steps away)

We have never had a greasy corndog at the Little Red Wagon. Just like the pp suggested, we also request a freshly cooked one and are willing to wait. The ones we've had from Stage Door Cafe have been hit or miss -- sometimes greasy, sometimes fine. Still waiting to try the spicy one in DCA!

Hot-Link Corndogs R the Best! Especially with lots of Mustard! CornDog Castle is the BEST place to get them :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter