Which one should we try to watch?

• Feathered Friends in Flight

Votes: 31 52.5%
  • Finding Nemo Show

Votes: 28 47.5%

• Total voters

marcar12

Mouseketeer
We know that we are going to see the Festival of the Lion King show on our Animal Kingdom day. But we also want to try to see ONE other show and can't decide between Feathered Friends in Flight or the Finding Nemo show.
If you have seen both, which one would you most recommend we go to?

(ETA- Kids ages 17, 14, 11, and 8)

Are they big Nemo fans? Nemo is a great show but it’s not what it used to be. We LOVE the bird show — it’s silly, fun, and the birds are really amazing.

Honestly, you can’t go wrong.

Given the ages of the kids I voted for feathered friends, but if they are big Nemo fans they will enjoy Nemo more. If you are there all day see both, see Nemo in the heat of the day or late arvo when you need a bit of rest in a/c.

It depends on your kids, the heat, how tired everyone is and if you want to eat and drink during the show. Both are worth doing and a must do for me. Nemo is indoors so AC and the show is longer than FF but an excellent show. FF is outdoors so you can eat and drink. Some of it is covered, some not. Shorter show. If your kids like birds, they would probably enjoy it more. The seating is metal stadium seats so tend to be a tad uncomfortable for me. Both shows you can sit where you want. FOTLK you will be directed to the next row and after it starts filling up will be told to move left or right and will get real close and personal with whoever is sitting next to you. That's my biggest issue with both FOTLK and Indiana Jones. I'm height challenged so try to get a seat on the end near the isle so I can peer around folks. After the move over issue, almost always someone with the Mickey ears will now be in front of me and I have a great view of those. (PSA: if you wear Mickey ears, please take them off for shows)

Depends on when/weather. Nemo is great for having a break in a dry, climate-controlled auditorium. They cut the length of the show post-Covid, and while it is still good, it has lost some of its emotional connection to the audience, IMHO. I also think the casting for Nemo's dad has been weak - at least the three times I've seen it this year. I do highly recommend this to avoid the rain or when in need of AC.

Feathered Friends is always nice to see, but it is outdoors and the seats are just benches without backs. They have played with the storyline a bit over the years, and the one right now makes sense. It's cute and I think many folks are surprised by how entertaining it is for a "bird' show. Whenever I have the time to squeeze this in, I always enjoy it. For me, this is a filler show. I don't start my day with a plan to see it - but if my timing works out, you can bet I will watch it.

Basically - both shows are good and worth seeing. I'd pick based on your location in the park, the weather, time until the show starts, other things you are trying to do, and what you feel like at the moment. You can easily get to one of them in a day!

Another vote for the AC/rain proof venue.

Nemo would be much better if they'd cut the time in half.

I'm still mad they stopped my favorite show, Tarzan Rocks!

Feathered Friends is always nice to see, but it is outdoors and the seats are just benches without backs. They have played with the storyline a bit over the years, and the one right now makes sense. It's cute and I think many folks are surprised by how entertaining it is for a "bird' show. Whenever I have the time to squeeze this in, I always enjoy it. For me, this is a filler show. I don't start my day with a plan to see it - but if my timing works out, you can bet I will watch it.
I liked the original version of the bird show, but not several of the 'improved' versions. Haven't gone in a few years, is it still the one with Doug? Birds are so awesome on their own and personally I wish they would skip the added silliness.

I liked the original version of the bird show, but not several of the 'improved' versions. Haven't gone in a few years, is it still the one with Doug? Birds are so awesome on their own and personally I wish they would skip the added silliness.

We think the new version (we saw it in 2022 and 2023) is the best of all the versions, much better than the "improved" version in 2017. We like it even better than the original version.

We think the new version (we saw it in 2022 and 2023) is the best of all the versions, much better than the "improved" version in 2017. We like it even better than the original version.
Good to know, thanks. I will check it out in May!

Considering one of us has a bird phobia I have to vote Nemo. We really enjoy the Nemo show and consider it a must do second to lion king

As others have pointed out, Nemo today is not what it used to be. Still enjoyable, and a great show if its really hot outside. The bird show is a bird show. If you've seen one, they rarely have huge differences. However, given the ages of your kids, I voted for the bird show as I think they all would enjoy that. Not sure the older kids would enjoy Nemo.

If you’re looking for an AC nap break in the blazing hot summer, Nemo. If you want a show you’ll enjoy and not fall asleep to, Birds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter