POLL: Restaurants Still Not Open

Which Temporarily Unavailable Restaurant are you anxiously awaiting to reopen?

• 1900 Park Fare

Votes: 64 45.4%
  • Restaurant Marrakesh

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Takumi-Tei

Votes: 25 17.7%
  • ALL of THEM!!

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • None of them interest me.

Votes: 22 15.6%
  • Garden View Tea Room

Votes: 28 19.9%
  • Other (explain)

Votes: 5 3.5%

• Total voters

fly girl

DIS Veteran
With Monsieur Paul and Akershus coming back it had me thinking, what TS options are still not open after all this time?
(that we know aren't permanently closed such as ESPN Club.)

I can think of only 3. (If I missed one, oops! LMK and I'll add it to the poll)
EDITED: *** ADDED ONE ***

1900 Park Fare
Restaurant Marrakesh (or another moroccan restaurant in its place)
Takumi-Tei
Garden View Tea Room

Are you anxiously awaiting any of them? None of them?

Me, Takumi-Tei. Booked it for spring break 2020 and we know what happened there. Have been patiently awaiting its return. :hourglass

Last edited:
Takumi-Tei I understand. That's a very particular restaurant that you can't just reopen without a lot of planning and skilled hiring overseas. 1900 PF I just don't get- it's character dining at your "flagship" resort. It should have been one of the first re-opened.

The more that are open, the more available ADRs. Open them all and the new one at HS as well.

I loved Takumi-Tei and 1900 Park Fare. I didn't care much for Marrakesh, but if they brought it back with a new menu, I would definitely give it a try!

Finally, a place for me to cry about Takumi-Tei! I have been wondering if anyone else misses it.
Had a perfect experience there in March 2020... I had been hoping it would return for our Christmas trip this year but not holding my breath :sad:

Takumi-Tei I understand. That's a very particular restaurant that you can't just reopen without a lot of planning and skilled hiring overseas. 1900 PF I just don't get- it's character dining at your "flagship" resort. It should have been one of the first re-opened.
This I fully agree with.

It still shows Temporarily Unavailable, but maybe it is! :confused3

I only ate there once and we had a fine meal, but I know others that did not care for it.

Bummer if it is permanently closed, it was something different than the norm.

We ate there a couple of times. My DH really liked it.

Really want breakfast in garden grill to return soon

For me, it’s brunch at California Grill. Anyone heard of any talk of reopening for brunch?

Since those have opened (albeit not the service you want) I didn't include them.

But I feel you, certain things are a WDW tradition and not having them is such a bummer.

ETA: you can now hit Other in the poll. That’ll be fair to include breakfast for Garden Grill, and brunch for California Grill.

Last edited:
I really want the Grand Floridian Tea room to come back, but I’m worried it’s gone forever, because of the modern lobby remodel that’s coming soon.
Me too. I always enjoyed going there and hanging out after soaking up the atmosphere in the lobby. I will try the new place on the Boardwalk when it opens.

I really want the Grand Floridian Tea room to come back, but I’m worried it’s gone forever, because of the modern lobby remodel that’s coming soon.
I wonder if they have plans to refresh that space and once renovations are done, the tea room will reopen? Hoping that's the case. I'm also hoping Takumi-Tei reopens soon. Had reservations for March of 2020....and we all know how that ended up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter