Poll question: What do you take from Orlando to your resort?

How do you travel to your resort from the airport?

• Total voters
Not likely a bad rating. It was my first time with Lyft. I'm thinking people are sketchy.

The second time was with another company. They're out of business now.

I don't do ride shares anymore.
Where you booking a long trip Tampa to Disney for example? Did you have a lot of luggage? How many pax? 4 people with a lot of luggage..makes sense a regular Uber would cancel on you

Well, I was able to vote because we took Sunshine Flyer yesterday for the first time ever and it was great. Minimal wait to board the bus and they loaded only monorail resorts. We were lucky to be the first drop off at BLT. If I’m by myself, I’d still Uber/Lyft, but coming with the family, Sunshine Flyer is a good option.

We are a family of 6 coming down Xmas Eve, staying on property. What are your thoughts for transportation? Coming in at MCO and do have a toddler, and 2 other kids as well. TIA!!!

Sorry forgot to mention we will need groceries as well we used Publix in the past with Instacart to the room, but I don't know what the best course of action is for Xmas Eve.

Where you booking a long trip Tampa to Disney for example? Did you have a lot of luggage? How many pax? 4 people with a lot of luggage..makes sense a regular Uber would cancel on you
No, not a long drive for the first one. Like less than 5 miles. No, just carry-ons. Four people.

Second time, just me. Maybe 20 miles. Again carry-ons.

I'm just convinced ride shares are sketchy.

I've been using Happy Limo for years, several times a year. They've never stood me up. Yeah, it costs more, but a safe reliable ride means a lot to me, especially if I'm traveling by myself for work.

No, not a long drive for the first one. Like less than 5 miles. No, just carry-ons. Four people.
During Covid ride share didn't allow pax in the front seat, max was 3 for basic car. The driver might not have wanted a pax in the front seat.

Yoy have a point, ride share can be a little sketchy

During Covid ride share didn't allow pax in the front seat, max was 3 for basic car. The driver might not have wanted a pax in the front seat.

Yoy have a point, ride share can be a little sketchy
None of this was during covid. February 2020 and earlier. Just a case of you get what you pay for I think.

For a ride share to get my cousin back from Orlando to Tampa I had two drivers say no they couldn't do it (came over and said no they were going to cancel - too far for them to go). The third one we tried agreed and we made sure to give him a very good tip, figuring he is having to drive all the way back without a person. Made me concerned that ride share while price is fine is not a good way to go to Tampa. Used rental car or train after that.

The long haul to Port Canaveral I once took was no issue at all. Driver said she loves those long haul and prefers them and our timing was perfect as she'd easily get a cruise ship passenger going back. Said she makes good money on this route and doing this.
I would never book a ride share for a long trip from Tampa. The poll question was about Orlando. I rent a car when traveling farther.

I have never had a problem using ride share around Orlando. Have used Uber and Lyft several times a year for a few years now. I did have a driver who didn't speak much English once, which is fine with me because I am not a chatty person.

We’ve used MEARS and it took over 2 1/2 hours to arrive at our hotel at a cost of $48 for three of us. 45 of those minutes were waiting for other passengers. We were the last stop too. Last trip we got an Uber and spent $32 plus tip and arrived in around 30 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter