Poll Question - Beach Club -- Close to Lobby or Epcot View?

Since we're not usually in the room at night when Illuminations takes place, we like the leisure pool view. There are two banks of elevators (one by the lobby and one at the end of the hall closer to the pool and parking lot) and the halls are not that long, so being close to the lobby isn't really a necessity.

We had a top floor room with a perfect view of Illuminations last December. We loved it!

The Epcot view is probably my least favorite-the service road bothers me (maybe it's what you're used to-I'm not used to traffic noise). My favorite is the Courtyard view over the entrance. I love to sit on my balcony and listen to the Disney music from the speakers below; also, I love to watch the comings and goings. That view happens to be close to the lobby-close to the Marketplace!

Better is a matter of taste. I find BCV pretty compact, and all of the resort is a bit of a walk, albeit relatively short, to the lobby. I like upper floors with a woods or Epcot direction view, but all the views seem acceptable to me from what I know and have seen.

Simba's Mom said:
The Epcot view is probably my least favorite-the service road bothers me (maybe it's what you're used to-I'm not used to traffic noise). My favorite is the Courtyard view over the entrance. I love to sit on my balcony and listen to the Disney music from the speakers below; also, I love to watch the comings and goings. That view happens to be close to the lobby-close to the Marketplace!

I agree. We just has this view in May and it was great. We love to people watch so we enjoyed it. Also the view is nice all day and not just for a brief firework period. This is important to us now as we have a 3 year old that naps.

DAVE

Now I know this is a radical thought, but since you're not sure, why not just see what they give you when you check in? That way you won't be setting yourself up for a possible disappointment if you don't get what you requested and you might actually get a great surprise! ;)

Doctor P said:
Better is a matter of taste. I find BCV pretty compact, and all of the resort is a bit of a walk, albeit relatively short, to the lobby. I like upper floors with a woods or Epcot direction view, but all the views seem acceptable to me from what I know and have seen.

I completely agree with this except I really like 2nd floor. My favorites are woods or SSE. But we've had pool view several times now and enjoyed it as well.

If we're a little further from the lobby, we are that much closer to the car so it is a wash for us. And it just doesn't seem that big to me.

Haven't had the view that Simba's Mom and Daitcher enjoy. That is the one view that I would prefer not to have but there are not that many rooms there anyway and hopefully Daitcher and Simba's Mom will get them first. ;)

FYI for future posts. You need to set the poll up at the bottom of the page when you make your original post.

For those you haven't already seen, I added photos of the actual views from some of the BCV rooms to my floor plan web page. Currently I only have the views from 4 rooms posted, and 3 of them overlook the quiet pool, but you get the idea.

http://www.parkinfo2go.com/dvc-bcv/

More views to come when I receive the photos - and if anyone has photos of the views from other rooms and would be willing to share them, I'd love to add them too - you can PM me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter