• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

POLL: Now that SWGE Opening Announced, how many days will your family go to the parks in September?

If you are planning to visit WDW in Sept because SWGE will be open, how many days in the parks?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • 3-4

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • 5-6

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • 7-8

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • 9 or more

Votes: 9 33.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

scrappinginontario

We are a family who booked a September trip hoping to avoid the SWGE opening. We'll go, just not at the beginning.

So, everything was thrown into a tizzy this morning when the opening date was announced as August 29th!

I'm trying to figure out what is best for us to do and am hoping those who are now planning a new trip in September can please help me out.

How many days do you plan on going to the parks. All parks: MK, Epcot, DHS and AK, not just DHS for SWGE if you're planning a new September trip.

We'll be there at the end of September.. Since our kids are young, I think we will be in the parks at rope drop but return to our resort mid-afternoon to avoid the crowd

I was going down Monday September 2 just booked a trip for August 28 - September 2 I am excited for the new land not for the crowds hoping the gondola will be open as I will be at pop and it might make for a quick getaway back to the room

When is SWGE opening? I'm one who booked a September trip expecting to be able to miss it, but it sounds like I might not.

I booked a trip august 31-sept 8th (hooray free dining) thinking that it will be dead compared to the usual time we go (we usually go during the "less busy" part of Nov and December). Is it to much to hope that the other 3 parks will be deserted at this time or will we be looking at Christmas/Thanksgiving level crowds?

We booked a 3-day trip because that's the longest we can ever manage with our jobs.

We booked Sept 6 through 14 to celebrate our 25th Anniversary figuring that "late fall" meant we would not have to deal with SWGE. We were only planning on spending one day in HS and now I am considering skipping it altogether. I will miss seeing Fantasmic as we have not been in years but the thought of the crowds terrifies me.

We booked 8/25 - 8/31 to avoid the SWGE crowds... Our DHS day WAS 8/29, need to swap with another park now. On the bright side, perhaps Slinky Dog can be ridden more easily now!

We booked 8/31-9/8 with the same intention as you. We are a Star Wars family, but were going to wait until NEXT year so that some of the newness had worn off. So now I'm not sure if I should feel like we won the lottery with the announcement or go into a full on panic at the thought of the crowds.

We were planning to add a night on due to wanting to change our flights and I had been putting it off-MISTAKE! I called to add a night onto our stay at the YC-room available, rack rate only. I added that extra night at PoP, still rack rate, but more affordable.

So in total-9 nights-not all for DHS by any means, but I will certainly have to look my plans over more carefully now.

I'm really excited, but terrified all at the same time.

Last edited:
Heading down with wifey the 9th-16th and still going. A little upset about crowd sizes being bigger but we will live. Only thing I’m worried about now is my ADRs as my 180 window isn’t until Wednesday ‍♂️Planning to stay away from Hollywood that week but if not and my curiousity gets the better of me I’ll possibly go just to check out the shops. Not waiting hours for just Smugglers Run since no Rise of the Resistance yet.

We're in the same boat (spaceship!) as all the other September planners hoping to enjoy the last few relatively quiet park days before the SW:GE opening, who thought we were sooooo smart, but, HA, oh well, right? We booked OKW back during the "free" DDP promo, got a great deal, had quite a bit of panic this morning when the news broke, but, we're just gonna go ahead and go. See you all September 5-11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter