• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

POLL: July Folks... Going, Cancelled/Cancelling, or Undetermined?

If You Have A Trip Planed for July, Are You Going, Cancelled, or Undetermined?

• Yes, We Are Still Planning to Go - Resort Guest

Votes: 154 26.9%
  • Yes, We Are Still Planning to Go - DVC Member

Votes: 121 21.2%
  • No, We Have Cancelled Already or Will Definitely Cancel - Resort Guest

Votes: 132 23.1%
  • No, We Have Cancelled Already or Will Definitely Cancel - DVC Member

Votes: 53 9.3%
  • Undetermined, But Leaning Towards Going

Votes: 58 10.1%
  • Undetermined, But Leaning Towards Cancelling

Votes: 54 9.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m guessing a lot of people from New York may decide to cancel now that the state has required that visitors returning from Florida quarantine for 14 days.

Is there any charge for the change? We are early August with a Split stay Gran Destino CL/Poly. I kept getting different answers from different CMs the last few weeks.
There was no charge to move to Ft Wilderness even though it actually would've cost more. I was also offered a downgrade to Pop for a partial refund or an upgrade to AKV for $1200 (more).

Just spent 6 plus hours on the phone holding to have our park hopper and water park tickets downgraded to just a base ticket to reflect the current park restrictions. Now I show having no tickets in my app but our park days are still available so who knows. And of course you can't get back through on the phone lines and there's probably not enough hours in the evening to even try today. So frustrating!

Definitely going. Just booked a quick daddy/daughter trip for opening day at MK and then a couple days after that. Given the last few months we need to get away and will take what we can get at WDW. Restrictions being what they are, we will go with the flow...it’s still Disney.

I must admit, i am worried about the rising numbers in FL at this point in time, but we have every intention of checking in 7/16. I am nervous to fly in a germ tube with others, and we now have a forced layover in ATL before arriving at MCO. I'm really hoping we all are able to stay healthy on our journey back "home" to the mouse!

I am so looking forward to our trip next month! I can't wait! It's less than two weeks away!
:tigger:

We are still planning on going. We leave here in a bit over a week. A bit bummed by the bar thing, but understandable. I wonder if any of the bars will be open for to-go drinks. I wonder about pool bars. That's what I figured we would do anyway. Since we are driving, I guess we will bring liquor and mixings with us to make drinks in the room. I am a bit worried about rising numbers, but I'm basically jumping from one fire to another, since I am in Texas. However, Austin isn't rising as bad as Houston. Worse comes to worse, we will just have a relaxing time in our room, maybe at the pool. I plan to bring some games and maybe movies to watch.

Ok, just changed my vote from leaning towards canceling to definitely canceling. The new quarantine orders for NY & yesterday’s covid numbers for Florida confirmed it for us. We can’t quarantine for 2 weeks when we get home. And no matter how much I love WDW, I am not throwing out the last 3 months we have spent sheltering at home for a 1 week vacation in a hot spot. We’re in our 60s & my DH does have a chronic health issue that makes him more high risk. So nope, not worth the gamble.

Ok, just changed my vote from leaning towards canceling to definitely canceling. The new quarantine orders for NY & yesterday’s covid numbers for Florida confirmed it for us. We can’t quarantine for 2 weeks when we get home. And no matter how much I love WDW, I am not throwing out the last 3 months we have spent sheltering at home for a 1 week vacation in a hot spot. We’re in our 60s & my DH does have a chronic health issue that makes him more high risk. So nope, not worth the gamble.

The county that WDW is in has one of the highest percentages of positive test results already. It's very scary.

I keep going back and forth with our trip! The numbers are SUPER scary night now. My one hangup is the fact that if we do not use these 2019 DVC points we will lose them. We both have crazy work schedules (I am a teacher and he is a CPA accountant) so summers are usually our ONLY time for a big vacation. I don't want to lose the points...but I don't want to go and feel scared or nervous the whole time. I don't know what to do!

I’m curious about the makeup of the people who will go early on. Given Disney’s clear consistent message about the required mitigation efforts, I am hoping that only people who are willing to be careful and compliant will attend. I may be naive about that. I may be telling myself that to feel safer about going with my family in July. I am kind of hoping to enter a “Disney Bubble.”
Just now reading this thread but this is where we’re at. If they’re open we’ll be there. Planning to get in the “bubble” and stay there. We’ll drive our own car to every park except MK. Upgraded to a larger room so we can hang there comfortably and cook meals there. I have no worries about our family’s ability to wear a mask all day, and we’ll stay 6 feet from all the CMs and really anyone we come into contact with. Their strict adherence to policy makes me feel comfortable going there- more so than even my local grocery store.

Right now we’re still planning on going 7/10-7/15, the numbers are super scary right now though.

I’m really hoping that masks being required in Orange County and the closing of bars will have those numbers start to drop over the next two weeks 🤞

I do think that the parks will be cleaner than they ever have been before and I really hope they enforce the masks. I did see that at UO workers did enforce proper mask wearing on the latest Tim Tracker video.

We decided last night to move our July DVC trip to January. It was disappointing but we feel with the rising number of cases it was best to cancel. We still have Sept and Nov trips to look forward to as well and hope things are better by then.

We've moved our July 18-26 dates to the week of Thanksgiving. I'm hoping the numbers will start going down and that wearing a mask in November will be more tolerable than July.

uh oh the trend is starting the change as the numbers are going up. I think you are smart to make the changes because i will not be surprised if Disney just decides not to open July 11 and July 15 and by making these changes now you will be ahead of the game!!

Still planning on going 7/22 but need to change some things. Does anyone have the phone number for Guest services?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter