POLL: July Folks... Going, Cancelled/Cancelling, or Undetermined?

If You Have A Trip Planed for July, Are You Going, Cancelled, or Undetermined?

• Yes, We Are Still Planning to Go - Resort Guest

Votes: 154 26.9%
  • Yes, We Are Still Planning to Go - DVC Member

Votes: 121 21.2%
  • No, We Have Cancelled Already or Will Definitely Cancel - Resort Guest

Votes: 132 23.1%
  • No, We Have Cancelled Already or Will Definitely Cancel - DVC Member

Votes: 53 9.3%
  • Undetermined, But Leaning Towards Going

Votes: 58 10.1%
  • Undetermined, But Leaning Towards Cancelling

Votes: 54 9.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be worried to go, but also be embarrassed to be in the press photos of people going next week also. You know those are going to end up everywhere.
I think park capacity might be super low, even lower than expected---and with everyone in masks---with DisneyWorld expecting exactly that---press photo PR opportunity-

ETA---I would think it would be important for Disney to show how well they are able to safely follow the rules---so everyone feels safe and secure moving forward if this is to be the new normal---

Last edited:
I would be worried to go, but also be embarrassed to be in the press photos of people going next week also. You know those are going to end up everywhere.
We have resort and park reservations starting July 11, which we haven't canceled yet but almost certainly will this weekend, and I'd be lying if I said this didn't cross my mind or play into my decision at all. Not a huge factor but I've thought about it.

I'm a Texan and my main worry is getting sick here (unknowingly) and having it manifest there. There is a shortage of tests in my city (and testing here takes several days to get results, anyway), so it's not like I can check right before I go.

I will feel safe at Disney World with all of their precautions. We're not high risk (if we were, we'd never even consider traveling anywhere at all), but being sick away from home right now would be difficult logistically, in addition to ruining our trip.

We originally were going to start our trip with a few days at a Universal resort & visit their water park, but I cancelled that as I became too concerned we might get sick there. We're going to spend our whole time in Florida within the Disney gates: Polynesian & Four Seasons, and I do feel comfortable with their cleanliness and precautions.

Are you in Austin? They won't test here unless you get a doctor's order, since tests are low. I would hate to bring it to Florida, but I think that cat's out of the bag. I actually cancelled my gym session for yesterday and today and yoga class for tomorrow. They had very few people anyway. I have been using hand sanitizer when I enter and exit a building and before I get in my car. I was also wearing a mask during my gym sessions and yoga class, but I still felt guilty, like I was being flagrant. However, after hearing about the stupid parties kids have been having and that Vanilla Ice was going to be playing at the lake this weekend (until he canceled), I didn't feel like I was being as irresponsible as I thought. Those two places and the grocery store were pretty much the only places I have been. I have been working from home since mid-March. We aren't high risk and don't interact with anyone closely who is. We don't want the virus, but we might end up getting it. We plan to quarantine for 14 days after we drive home. We are staying onsite but at UO and WDW. We don't plan to go anywhere offsite and will be driving or walking to the parks.

Here is something else that everyone should be aware of. The CDC has issued a "Activity Risk" list going from Low Risk (1) to High Risk (10) here are a few of the High Risk acitivities:
Eating a Buffet (8), Going to an Amusement Park (8), Going to a Bar (9).
So we can see that Disney is rated as a High Risk activity....just something to think about.

Here is something else that everyone should be aware of. The CDC has issued a "Activity Risk" list going from Low Risk (1) to High Risk (10) here are a few of the High Risk acitivities:
Eating a Buffet (8), Going to an Amusement Park (8), Going to a Bar (9).
So we can see that Disney is rated as a High Risk activity....just something to think about.

Apparently staying home in your apt should be up there too. People got it in NYC that had not been out.

For those of us going— Anyone want to wear a lime green bracelet/ribbon type thing or something that stands out? I’d love to see a fellow Diser and give a loud hello, good to see you, and a wave...?

I watched the daily briefing where Gov Cuomo said it himself. Did he lie?

Nobody ever said that. You're misunderstanding the situation. The data was about people who stopped going to work/using public transportation, thus "staying home". It didn't mean they weren't leaving the apartment.

Nobody ever said that. You're misunderstanding the situation. The data was about people who stopped going to work/using public transportation, thus "staying home". It didn't mean they weren't leaving the apartment.

Haha. Okay - That is not what he said.

You posted a 3 minute video of a 2 hour press conference.

Where he covered this topic. Lol They are his own words. He said it. "Literally at home'. That is exactly what I said he was quoted as saying. I don't know how you take that out of context.

I don't intend on getting shut down on the boards for this ridiculous argument. I am going to leave it alone. Mods can delete anything they don't want to have on here.

I wish this thread would stay focused on those with July reservations. I guess I'll just stop checking in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter