Poll for Canadians Edited... I got one dose of ... and I got the my second shot (two votes allowed)

What vaccination type did you get?

• Total voters
Do they tell you which vaccine you will be getting ahead of time? Or is it only once you sit down. I wonder how they handle vaccinating kids at the same clinic when they do both.
I knew because I signed up for that one. On our sign up (Halton) it says the location, the date and what the vaccine will be. If he wanted Pfizer, he would have had to wait until July 18 and bookings were in to Aug, as well. The Moderna was being offered at a different location and was easy to sign up for. Lots of spots and they were a week out, not a month+ out.

Just a side note... I had reason to contact my doctor today (about an hour after his vaccination) and I mentioned that my DS had received his second dose. She checked his file and the Health system had already updated, putting it on his medical chart. Very efficient and nothing for me to do. Now if we could just get our "proof" for travelling.

I just booked my DS 12 in for his second shot for July 26, I am so happy they opened booking up for Pfizer again! He had his first shot on June 9. The only rule we have here is that it has to be at least 28 days since the first shot.

DD15 got dose 2 yesterday. 38 days out. They rescheduled her. Arm is sore but she tolerated dose 2 better than dose 1 for sure .
Everyone in our house eligible has two doses at this point .. (2 littles to go )

I was just able to book our second doses for next week. Will be 8 weeks between them...

Had my 2nd dose (Moderna) this afternoon and very glad and grateful to have had it. 1st dose was AstraZeneca. DH gets his 2nd dose on Friday (he had Pfizer as his 1st.) Will be glad when we can re-book DS15 for his second dose (he currently has a late September appointment) as ideally it would be good to be fully vaccinated before school starts in September.

Had my 1st dose at a local pharmacy (great service, awesome people) but the second dose today was at a large Ottawa Public Health clinic and it was amazing to see how well organized and efficiently it was handled. They were literally managing hundreds of people going through --- every person working at the site I spoke with was friendly and helpful. I have definitely gained an immense respect for the pharmacies (and family doctors) and local public health units that are doing this work when they were called upon to step up. We're very fortunate to have such great resources in the community.

Had my 2nd dose (Moderna) this afternoon and very glad and grateful to have had it. 1st dose was AstraZeneca. DH gets his 2nd dose on Friday (he had Pfizer as his 1st.) Will be glad when we can re-book DS15 for his second dose (he currently has a late September appointment) as ideally it would be good to be fully vaccinated before school starts in September.

Had my 1st dose at a local pharmacy (great service, awesome people) but the second dose today was at a large Ottawa Public Health clinic and it was amazing to see how well organized and efficiently it was handled. They were literally managing hundreds of people going through --- every person working at the site I spoke with was friendly and helpful. I have definitely gained an immense respect for the pharmacies (and family doctors) and local public health units that are doing this work when they were called upon to step up. We're very fortunate to have such great resources in the community.
Are they not allowing you to rebook your son yet? My DS16 was allowed to move his Sept 2nd dose a few weeks ago. He goes on Friday.

Are they not allowing you to rebook your son yet? My DS16 was allowed to move his Sept 2nd dose a few weeks ago. He goes on Friday.

Are you in Ontario (and not in a hot spot)? When I access the site it still says I can't re-book earlier --- his appointment is sept 25th and the earliest they give me is sept 24th which is really the same thing (just tried to book to re-confirm). There are hot spots in Ontario where 12 to 18's where this isn't the case and you can book earlier but for most of Ottawa (which isn't a hot spot) they haven't opened earlier booking yet. Wish I could but I literally can't book earlier.

I'm in Halton. I don't think we're a hotspot, but we are next to Peel. Also, we aren't using the provincial system to book, so maybe that's a difference. I do find it surprising, though, because I thought one of the goals was to get all the kids done BEFORE school started. That's why I was able to move my DS's appointment from Sept to July. I thought that was a provincial thing.

I'm in Halton. I don't think we're a hotspot, but we are next to Peel. Also, we aren't using the provincial system to book, so maybe that's a difference. I do find it surprising, though, because I thought one of the goals was to get all the kids done BEFORE school started. That's why I was able to move my DS's appointment from Sept to July. I thought that was a provincial thing.

Halton is considered a Delta variant hotspot.

"Health units covering Durham, Halton, Hamilton, Peel, Porcupine, Simcoe-Muskoka, Toronto, Waterloo, Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph and York are considered hot spots for the more transmissible variant."

Non-hotspots have pushed kids’ apts back to 8 wks. We just got dropped from the hotspot list when I was hoping DD would be fully vaccinated before starting detassling. Guess not. I wish they would approve Moderna for 12-16 as these decisions are more supply based than science based.

My 15 year old has just received his second dose of Pfizer. On Saturday my hubby and 2 18 year olds get theirs and my dad gets his second shot tomorrow. Everyone but my 10 year old will officially be considered fully vaccinated by July 17. It's a great feeling and since my 10 year old is homeschooled and I have no vacations planned for him I'm not in a rush for him.

alberta announced a plan for second shots today.

those vaccinated in march can book today

those vaccinated in april can book by June 15

those vaccinated in may can book by June 28
Vaccination has gone like a rocket here since supply problems have eased. It’s possible to get a same-day appointment for either first or second doses of AZ or Moderna. Pfizer is restricted to second doses only or first doses for children. I went with Moderna for my second jab on Wednesday and although it really did kick my butt for about 20 hours, I’m still glad. Our household and many, many others in our circle have now had both doses. :cheer2:
Hey guys. Honestly I am still on the fence about getting the vaccine. We (DH and DD and I) have appointments tomorrow to get our first Pfizer shots. I don't know if we will do it. I have been hesitant about it since they came out. It feels like everyone else is doing it, so we should too, but I hate feeling like that. Anyone else still not 100% sure about getting it or did you have any bad reactions to it when you got it? Also have they done enough studies on children aged 12+ yet? Really? What about the myocarditis risk now.. ughhh. :guilty:
I'm just so nervous, but we also want to be able to travel again freely without worry!
I’m in my northern Alberta hometown due to a death in the family and am having my first real encounters with people who are not getting vaccinated. They are all quite candid about their reasons, mostly a rebellion against what they consider to be government overreach. No one can honestly say the fear of a negative outcome is their issue. I’ve quickly stopped even discussing it. :rolleyes1
They should be giving us treats after our vaccines! Like when we used to get lollipops after the dentist!
Ha! I got my shot on Wednesday from an adorable student pharmacy intern and she did offer me a sucker. I took the purple one and it was great but even greater is my double-entry into the Alberta million-dollar vaccine recognition lottery. The first of three draws is being held July 6 - wish me luck!! :teeth:

Well nuts, my Ds13 just got refused his second dose AT HIS BOOKED SECOND DOSE APPOINTMENT!!! You'd think they'd contact you saying you needed to reschedule, instead of having a parent drive the kid to the hospital, park, wait, to be told no, we're not going to honour the appointment that was booked through your own booking system online. Not like this was a pop-up clinic where you didn't book an appointment, sheesh. When did they randomly change it to 8 weeks again for 12-17 in York Region??? I'm so confused...

Well nuts, my Ds13 just got refused his second dose AT HIS BOOKED SECOND DOSE APPOINTMENT!!! You'd think they'd contact you saying you needed to reschedule, instead of having a parent drive the kid to the hospital, park, wait, to be told no, we're not going to honour the appointment that was booked through your own booking system online. Not like this was a pop-up clinic where you didn't book an appointment, sheesh. When did they randomly change it to 8 weeks again for 12-17 in York Region??? I'm so confused...

I thought they just announced teens would be able to move their appointments up? How strange... and I'd be annoyed as well. Maybe they didn't have any Pfizer? But they should have let you know before you got there.

My DS2 went to his girlfriends appointment at a Rexall with her. I told him to ask if they had any extra shots (ie people who didn't show up). Sure enough they did. Now he doesn't need to go next week and they can take the weekend to recover before heading back to work on Monday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter