• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Poll for Canadians Edited... I got one dose of ... and I got the my second shot (two votes allowed)

What vaccination type did you get?

• Total voters
Had AZ April 22. Had Pfizer booked for 8 weeks post-AZ but pushed it back to a Moderna appointment next week so I can be 10 weeks post-AZ. Booked my husband for his second Moderna shot at the same time as mine.

And... just managed to snag 2 Pfizer appointments for my teens today! They just became eligible to book dose 2. Not easy to find. Yesterday all I saw was an appointment 8hrs away. Just kept refreshing for a few minutes and lucked out.

Thanks. That was very informative. I ended up moving DS18's appointment to the Moderna, which is available next week, while his Pfizer appointment, which might be switched to Moderna anyway, was in late July.

I just hope they have enough Pfizer for my DS16 next week, as Moderna isn't approved for under 18. Maybe they're saving the Pfizer doses for those under 18?

That’s why they are giving Moderna to people over 18. So they have enough Pfizer to give people under 18.

Had AZ April 10 and got Moderna today. Such a sense of relief and hope that things will return to normal.
My daughter gets her second on Sunday and we will have have gotten 2 doses.

Thank you to all that are doing their part to help us get back to normal.

After compulsively checking our local health unit’s vaccine page, they opened the eligibility for second doses to anyone for the walk in clinics. So I went out last night after putting my kids to bed, and got my second dose of Pfizer. I’m so relieved. My husband went out this morning and waited in the rain for his second shot. Now we just wait for there to be a vaccine for our 1 and 3 year olds.

For those with teens, are you moving up their appointments? I am really struggling with what to do. My teen boys(13, 16) are at 5.5 weeks from their first dose and are eligible now but I have them booked so far at 8 weeks. We want to get back to sports, travel etc but it's really unclear(to me) how big of a concern myocarditis truly is vs possible covid exposure. What are others doing?

For those with teens, are you moving up their appointments? I am really struggling with what to do. My teen boys(13, 16) are at 5.5 weeks from their first dose and are eligible now but I have them booked so far at 8 weeks. We want to get back to sports, travel etc but it's really unclear(to me) how big of a concern myocarditis truly is vs possible covid exposure. What are others doing?
If my DS16 wasn’t on Friday, I would at least try to move him. He wants to get a job and have a good summer, unlike last year.

But I think each family has to figure it out for themselves, which is frustrating. Can you talk to your doctor? I wish they were more available with advice, but I suppose, they are just saying what the government is saying anyway.

Last edited:
My teens are booked at 35 days for their second dose. I also have heard about waiting till “8 weeks” but nothing official has been announced anywhere so I’m not going to reschedule them to later. My teens have friends who have already received their second doses in the past week, with no issues. I think with more teens getting their second doses in the coming days/weeks, if there are any concerns, we will hear about it very soon.

DS18 got his second dose today... Moderna (after Pfizer as #1). He said it went smoothly. No side effects yet, but I told him to plan to stick around this evening in case he starts to have any effects.

My teens are booked at 35 days for their second dose. I also have heard about waiting till “8 weeks” but nothing official has been announced anywhere so I’m not going to reschedule them to later. My teens have friends who have already received their second doses in the past week, with no issues. I think with more teens getting their second doses in the coming days/weeks, if there are any concerns, we will hear about it very soon.

I booked my 14 year olds at the 30 day mark, tomorrow! I have friends in the US who's kids received their 2nd dose at the 28 day mark.

DS18 got his second dose today... Moderna (after Pfizer as #1). He said it went smoothly. No side effects yet, but I told him to plan to stick around this evening in case he starts to have any effects.
I iced my arm where the shot was and my arm hardly hurt the next day and my brother who did not had a sore arm for a few days.
Just a thought

Do they tell you which vaccine you will be getting ahead of time? Or is it only once you sit down. I wonder how they handle vaccinating kids at the same clinic when they do both.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter