• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Poll for Canadians Edited... I got one dose of ... and I got the my second shot (two votes allowed)

What vaccination type did you get?

• Total voters
For everyone who has had their 2nd shot - congrats! - but don't forget to cancel any unneeded future appointments. Below find the hard to find manage/cancellation link for the Ontario book vaccine website:

https://vaccine.covaxonbooking.ca/manage
Don't think fact of actually getting the 2nd shot automatically cancels any future appointments.

Def need to call any pharmacies to cancel esp if time short before upcoming appointment.

I think we need to remember that as more data comes out, different recommendations are made. If the new studies are showing greater efficacy with fewer risks, and good availability, then it makes sense to go with the best one. We'd be pretty upset if the scientists and doctors stuck with the data from outdated studies.

For everyone who has had their 2nd shot - congrats! - but don't forget to cancel any unneeded future appointments. Below find the hard to find manage/cancellation link for the Ontario book vaccine website:

https://vaccine.covaxonbooking.ca/manage
Don't think fact of actually getting the 2nd shot automatically cancels any future appointments.

Def need to call any pharmacies to cancel esp if time short before upcoming appointment.
Thanks for this. Isn’t it sad that the Ontario government has created a booking portal so poorly that we need assistance from others to find important function links.

In another display of excellent ON IT, I called Young Drivers of Canada to rebook dd’s driving test today. The MTO booking portal was overwhelmed on Monday andcrashed for the whole week. I was told to try again next week. Our tax dollars at work….

Nice to see the number of second doses increasing.

There were a few articles in the past few days about some US businesses not recognizing AZ shots when determining if a person is fully vaccinated (think a Broadway show, live audience tv shows (SNL and another late night one), and a couple of other businesses. Apparently they specify they must be an FDA approved vaccine (which AZ is not at this point) to be considered. Hopefully this won't be a trend. Based on the article this is a New York State thing.

springsteen-broadway-astrazeneca-recipients

Thanks for this. Isn’t it sad that the Ontario government has created a booking portal so poorly that we need assistance from others to find important function links.

In another display of excellent ON IT, I called Young Drivers of Canada to rebook dd’s driving test today. The MTO booking portal was overwhelmed on Monday andcrashed for the whole week. I was told to try again next week. Our tax dollars at work….

Hope you have better luck with the driving test than those around Ottawa, apparently our testing centre is booking into 2022... I'm sure a lot of people will go for the smaller places nearby.

Hope you have better luck with the driving test than those around Ottawa, apparently our testing centre is booking into 2022... I'm sure a lot of people will go for the smaller places nearby.
what? So maybe a person should book their appointment even if they can’t take the test yet? My DS is waiting to finish his road training with the driver training school, but DH has been driving with him for nearly a year and he’s ready.

Thanks for the heads up on the driving tests. Just booked DS for G2 test... Sudbury in November! People from Sudbury are going to be mad that everyone's going there for testing. I hope they open more slots to take care of the backlog. Also, what happens if the person fails? In the beforetimes, you'd just take it again that day, now, what, wait 6 months?

Edit: DH said the Golden Horseshoe testing sites were booked until 2023, that's crazy. They'll have to do something to clear the backlog.

Last edited:
I just booked the second dose for me and DH - July 10. We both got Pfizer, but now we are in low supply of Pfizer, so our second dose will be Moderna. Here's hoping when DS(12) is eligible in a couple of weeks that he can get a Pfizer appointment, since that's all he can get

Second shot done. First was AZ and second this evening was Pfizer about 8 weeks after the first.

For those in BC at least, keep checking the booking site and you may be able to move up appointments as they are released or as people cancel or change. In 24 hours I went from July 8 to Tuesday next week, to Saturday this weekend to today an hour from when I last checked the website.

Happy to have it done and if I can fill a last minute spot today and help make sure no doses go to waste then all the better.

Second shot done. First was AZ and second this evening was Pfizer about 8 weeks after the first.

For those in BC at least, keep checking the booking site and you may be able to move up appointments as they are released or as people cancel or change. In 24 hours I went from July 8 to Tuesday next week, to Saturday this weekend to today an hour from when I last checked the website.

Happy to have it done and if I can fill a last minute spot today and help make sure no doses go to waste then all the better.

Anyone looking for an appointment should keeping checking their local websites at about 3 pm for those last minute shots. There seems to be quite a few of them available.

Last edited:
Dose #2 complete for DH & myself. AZ + Pfizer. 2.5 kids left (our boys don’t turn 12 until Aug and ON is ridiculously sticking with age over birth year 🙄; DD should have dose 2 by the end of July to start gr 9 in Sept 🙌🏻).

My nephew had his 2nd Pfizer on Friday and yesterday he had chills and then was hot and his other arm hurt - not the one with the shot. Today he has a headache but will be going to work tonight. He took some Tylenol so I am sure he will be fine. If he had gone for his shot this week he would be getting Moderna instead of Pfizer since Toronto is saving Pfizer for first shots for 12-17 year olds. I am getting my 2nd Pfizer this week and am not sure what Durham is doing. We will see on Wednesday when I go.
Edited: Just saw a note from Durham that as of June 22 all 2nd doses for adults will be Moderna so I will be a mix and match person.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter