Poll for Canadians Edited... I got one dose of ... and I got the my second shot (two votes allowed)

What vaccination type did you get?

• Total voters
Sadly - 4 days past opening - still no Moderna or Pfizer for 70+ to book accelerated 2nd dose in Central or Eastern Ontario except for Ottawa. There is a cancellation list - at least with my health unit - that 70+ can register with each Friday after 12 pm for the chance to be called as a last minute fill in for any cancellations or no shows. Check your local health unit website for any list. Still hopeful that local IDA or Guardian pharmacies will call as registered on in house lists. Appears vaccines concentrated in Toronto and urban Ottawa like last time. While we understand the rationale behind that, the reality is that large numbers of city cottagers are in our areas. But just as significant, many small cities in my area are now bedroom communities for GTA workers. Many essential workers commuting and not working from home. Feds have announced large shipment of Moderna to arrive by end of this month. Lets hope for a speedy and widespread distribution.

My DS(12) got his Pfizer shot yesterday! Manitoba now has 70% of people who have had their first shot. Uptick is a lot slower in my health region (36-48%), but I saw a lot of people lining up when we left the supersite yesterday. Lots of young people which made me happy.

Sadly - 4 days past opening - still no Moderna or Pfizer for 70+ to book accelerated 2nd dose in Central or Eastern Ontario except for Ottawa. There is a cancellation list - at least with my health unit - that 70+ can register with each Friday after 12 pm for the chance to be called as a last minute fill in for any cancellations or no shows. Check your local health unit website for any list. Still hopeful that local IDA or Guardian pharmacies will call as registered on in house lists. Appears vaccines concentrated in Toronto and urban Ottawa like last time. While we understand the rationale behind that, the reality is that large numbers of city cottagers are in our areas. But just as significant, many small cities in my area are now bedroom communities for GTA workers. Many essential workers commuting and not working from home. Feds have announced large shipment of Moderna to arrive by end of this month. Lets hope for a speedy and widespread distribution.

Yeah - this has been the one "advantage" to living in a hotspot community. As supply ramps up it's looking better and better all the time.

I had my first shot 14th April, and have developed a curious side effect so I have no idea when my 2nd shot will be. Public health want me to finish a course of treatment and then get the approval from an allergist. I have no idea how long that whole process will take.
The super sad thing? My first thought was "NO! My Disney cruise!!!" ... Which isn't until Fall next year hopefully, but still. That was my gut reaction :P

Thrilled to report good news for my 70+ parents and aunt. Their local pharmacy called and they are scheduled for their accelerated 2nd shot early next week. Yay! Pharmacy only received 100 Moderna doses and those who moved fast to get on the in house list made the cut. So grateful that our local pharmacists are pushing hard for local seniors and taking up the slack. But also know that our areas have many more than a 100 seniors in need of those accelerated doses. Like so many things in life, we have to be proactive because no faceless govt is going to reach out and help each of us. So many 70+ seniors either didn't know to call or go to their local pharmacy to get on the list. My aunt told me she called many of her friends as soon as she found out about the list and they shrugged and said 'someone' will make sure I get my 2nd shot in the next week. No helpful 'someones' for rural Ontario. No pop up vax vans driving down country roads. And our family mds have not been kept in the chain. Many local service clubs, Churches and community groups have tried hard to get the news out but 100 doses will disappear fast. Still will def celebrate small victories like this one. Wonderful way to end a very stressful week :worship:

My DS(12) got his Pfizer shot yesterday! Manitoba now has 70% of people who have had their first shot. Uptick is a lot slower in my health region (36-48%), but I saw a lot of people lining up when we left the supersite yesterday. Lots of young people which made me happy.
Hi fellow Manitoban! I work at the RBC supersite and we did over 8K shots on Saturday :) I was stationed in the "low mobility" queue, so I mostly talked to seniors last night, but I have also seen LOTS of younger people coming in. We hit our millionth shot on Friday night, and the RBC site is doing the most shots of any single location in all of Canada 🎉🎉

My wife and I received our 2nd dose yesterday and were even called to come in early. we were able to book early here in Alberta as the booking window was to open today.

Hi fellow Manitoban! I work at the RBC supersite and we did over 8K shots on Saturday :) I was stationed in the "low mobility" queue, so I mostly talked to seniors last night, but I have also seen LOTS of younger people coming in. We hit our millionth shot on Friday night, and the RBC site is doing the most shots of any single location in all of Canada 🎉🎉
My mom got hers at the RBC Center in Wpg... She said is was so efficiently run.

I can’t wait until Manitoba and Ontario open their borders to each other again... without quarantines, at least for the fully vaccinated.

My mom got hers at the RBC Center in Wpg... She said is was so efficiently run.

I can’t wait until Manitoba and Ontario open their borders to each other again... without quarantines, at least for the fully vaccinated.
I'm glad to hear she had a good experience 🥰

I had my 1st dose, AZ, on Apr 22nd and booked my 2nd dose for June 22nd this morning. I however chose to get Pfizer for my second dose since I don’t want to wait to see when AZ will actually happen. They announced you can get your 2nd dose of AZ at 8 weeks now instead of 12 but when I went on Costco site, where I got my first dose, they still show it as 12 weeks for 2nd dose of AZ and others are a wait list. I’m just now starting to get emails from Pharmacies that I was on a wait list starting Apr 18th so no wait list for 2nd dose. While sitting in the virtual queue I did read a few articles and all say that it is just as effective to mix as if you don’t. I just want it done.

I got my 2nd vaccination last week. My first was Moderna, and my 2nd Pfizer.

The only reaction i had to my 2nd shot was a sore arm...same amount and duration of soreness as my Moderna shot, but early the day after my shot I also had some muscle pain in my armpit and along my side(length of ribcage). During a phone appointment with my doctor that day(for a different ailment) I told her about the different pain and she said that is not an unusual reaction to Pfizer.

Husband And myself are going for our 2nd Pfizer shot this afternoon. If anyone in Montreal is reading you can rebook at Pratt and Whitney if you has Pfizer and you are 21 days out, regardless of age. Lots of spots.

Did you use the Clic Santé website to rebook?

Did you use the Clic Santé website to rebook?
Yes, you go In for first dose , and you will see they only give 2nd doses to anyone over 21 days. There are walk ins also, but the line was long. Our appt was for 2: 10, we were out at 2:30. But first cancel your other appointment

I got my 2nd vaccination last week. My first was Moderna, and my 2nd Pfizer.

The only reaction i had to my 2nd shot was a sore arm...same amount and duration of soreness as my Moderna shot, but early the day after my shot I also had some muscle pain in my armpit and along my side(length of ribcage). During a phone appointment with my doctor that day(for a different ailment) I told her about the different pain and she said that is not an unusual reaction to Pfizer.
My lymph node under my left arm is still very inflamed and sore 3 days after PF dose too.

Today got 2nd jab, Pfizer. My first one was Moderna but when I went to vaccination centre tonight they only had Pfizer. I was given the option of waiting until they get Moderna in or get Pfizer. There was even a table with counseling about vaccines but I was ok with getting Pfizer. As they say, the best vaccine is the one in your arm. And our health officers are saying it’s fine, they’re both RNA technology.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter