Poll for Canadians Edited... I got one dose of ... and I got the my second shot (two votes allowed)

What vaccination type did you get?

• Total voters
Last edited:
So, 1 in 133,000 for VITT here in BC.
Across Canada it's about 1 in 77000 from the stats I saw.

Saskatchewan reported it's first case of VITT today. So we are in the 1 in 72000 range. Both my wife and I got AZ on Easter Sunday and would gladly take Pfizer for our 2nd dose. But apparently studies are showing chances of VITT after the 2nd dose of AZ are even more remote so we'll see when the time comes for dose #2. I'm just glad now so many more people are able to get vaccinated with the large deliveries of Pfizer to Canada this week and the weeks ahead.

My DS23 is at the Regina Drive Thru clinic right now waiting in line to get his first shot. My DD23, who is a teacher in small town Saskatchewan, got her Moderna shot last week.

In regards to VITT - some of the news stories tell of how people are letting pretty serious symptoms linger for a few days before seeking help. This morning I had sudden and extreme abdominal pain and nausea. I immediately headed to the ER. I'm FINE - it is 100% ruled out that it was vaccine related (they do blood tests to check your platelets) and is likely an ovarian cyst that ruptured. BUT, my morale of this story is, if something feels wrong, get it checked out.

We live in York region, and my 2 daughters were able to get their shots today! 🎉👍 So my family is complete with every kind of shot:

DH - pfizer
me - AZ
DD21 & DD19 - Moderna

For the record, this gen x-er has no regrets that I got AZ. I remember how I cried happy tears of relief when I got my shot 2 1/2 weeks ago — and believe we did our part to keep our families and community safe, and helped speed along the vaccination process. ❤️

In regards to VITT - some of the news stories tell of how people are letting pretty serious symptoms linger for a few days before seeking help. This morning I had sudden and extreme abdominal pain and nausea. I immediately headed to the ER. I'm FINE - it is 100% ruled out that it was vaccine related (they do blood tests to check your platelets) and is likely an ovarian cyst that ruptured. BUT, my morale of this story is, if something feels wrong, get it checked out.

And refuse to leave until they check that bloodwork!

My whole family is now vaccinated!!! (except the littles of course!) My husband and I are AZ but everyone else is Pfizer.

DW and I are back after getting jabbed with Pfizer this morning. Toronto East Hospital Network is doing a 10,000 shot Sunday pop up. We got an email through our youngest daughters middle school late Friday, went on immediately and booked appointments. As of 11:45 they were around 3k jabs. The line up for the walk up was frightening.

Now I hope they soon open for second shots for the 80+

I'd expect the 12+ group first, a week or two pause to ensure everyone who wants a first shot got one, and then the second shots to start in the order that the first ones were given out. So second shots for the first 80+ group starting in 4 to 6 weeks.

Which while a little more than 2 months is massively more impressive than the 16 weeks they're allowing themselves, and the time frame for the later cohorts will likely be even less.

I was chatting with my dad about whether he will get a second dose of AZ or wait for a MRNA to mix and match. He said he will absolutely take AZ again, because if people don’t take it then the pandemic lasts longer or doses may go to waste which would be terrible considering less affluent countries are begging for ANY vaccine. He also said by him taking AZ, it means there are MRNA doses available more quickly for people like his daughters who are too young to have a choice. I loved his perspective on this (and I love my dad! :love:)

NS Premier just announced that next week the vaccines will be open to anyone who wants one! Although he didn't specifically say 12-15 year-olds, so not sure if that includes them. I am thinking they will wait until the adults get their first dose and then do the 12-15 at the end of June.

They just opened to the 30+ group today. They also mentioned that they will hopefully be able to start doing second doses mid June.

I read that ontario will run clinics for 12 to 15 year olds for 2 weeks in June, but also bookings will open May 31st. Not sure what the full plan is but looking forward to it I think thye want to get kids done with both doses before school starts again in September so it can return to normal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter