Poll for Canadians Edited... I got one dose of ... and I got the my second shot (two votes allowed)

What vaccination type did you get?

• Total voters
My husband and I both received the Pfizer vaccine last week. Happy to report no side effects other than a sore muscle at injection site for him. I’m more relaxed and felt nothing.
I am glad to hear that there is somebody else who got the pfizer and didn't feel any side effects as my brother and sister both had sore arms and I didn't.

I am glad to hear that there is somebody else who got the pfizer and didn't feel any side effects as my brother and sister both had sore arms and I didn't.
My dad and I both had Pfizer last month and neither of us had any side effects either (though he did sleep all afternoon the next day, which definitely could have been a side effect, or just a lack of sleep from staying up too late yammering with me the night before).

Got my AZ tonight, will report back on how I feel tomorrow!

A friend of mine got hers on Tuesday and was just tired the next day, her husband a very mild flu like symptoms.

Edit: Feeling okay this morning, definitely fatigued/tired and had a headache when I woke up but that's going away. Husband felt fine this morning.
Edit this evening: we both feel unwell, achy, fatigued.

Last edited:

So happy to finally be able to participate in this poll! Hubby and I both got AZ at our local pharmacy last night. He had some chills through the night and was feeling pretty achy this morning. I have arm soreness that's comparable to when I get the flu shot and a bit of joint achiness (esp hips, knees, and fingers) but nothing that's really slowing me down. Mostly I just feel happy and relieved to be doing my part to contribute to herd immunity and to also be working towards keeping myself safer. I run a small private (unlicensed) home daycare and look after 1 and 2 year olds who are too young for masks and who need a lot of close contact as a regular part of their care. In my province (Ontario), only licensed home daycares are included in phase 2 vaccinations so I'm especially thankful to be old enough to qualify for this vaccine as I would otherwise be likely waiting for several more weeks for a "shot" at any form of protection. Who knew I'd ever be grateful to be almost 50!

I had the ZD on Wednesday around 3 pm, and roughly 12 hours later I had mild fever, aches, chills, wicked headache. I slept most of Thrusday, but woke up Friday morning feeling fine. Not sure why it hits some like a mack truck, and others nothing.

DH and I received our Pfizer shots yesterday, April 22, in a clinic in Dartmouth, NS. I was so impressed with the process and the people working there! Our 2nd shot is scheduled for Aug 5.

The lengthy gap between shots is still a bit concerning at this point, but something over which we have no control, so will be back at the clinic in Aug, ready for the next round.

Husband and I got AZ around 5:00 pm last night. Both has BONKERS dreams which affected our sleep. So, not sure if the fatigue today is related to poor sleep or the vaccination. Otherwise, site of the injection is quite sore, but so far so good for other symptoms.

I spoke to soon. Around 1:30 yesterday afternoon I got hit by the truck that is AZ side effects. Fever, aches, the whole bit. Feeling much better today, despite still having a bit of a headache. I woke up in the middle of the night absolutely drenched in sweat. Good times.

I spoke to soon. Around 1:30 yesterday afternoon I got hit by the truck that is AZ side effects. Fever, aches, the whole bit. Feeling much better today, despite still having a bit of a headache. I woke up in the middle of the night absolutely drenched in sweat. Good times.
Hope you keep improving. Dh told me it comes back in waves as you get better. He was right. On and off today I’d get hit with waves of nausea and headache. Otherwise fine today.

I got AZ 2 weeks ago at Walmart and got a
2nd appointment at the end of the appointment for July.

Side effects similar to lots fever and headache for about 24 hours . I remember thinking if I feel
Like this from the vaccine can you imagine how terrible I would feel if your got COVID-19 .

Hope everyone gets their Vaccine soon, it was a sense of relief and optimism.

My husband and I got our shots together on Wednesday afternoon. I got sick and he had no reaction at all . Then last night I woke up in the middle of the night because I was way too warm .. and realized it was because my husband was snuggled up to me and had a fever. He was like a furnace. He had a headache most of today but he’s much better this evening. It took him more than 30 hours to have a reaction at all which was odd. I thought he wasn’t going to have one .

Pigletto, we had ours Thursday evening and I woke up early Friday morning feeling tired and headachy. My husband was fine. But about 18 hrs after having the shot, he felt really awful. Odd that it takes some people so long to have a reaction.

I had a pretty bad night last night, chills and felt terrible. But still SO grateful to feel this way...ha, never thought I'd be grateful to feel yucky!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter