Policy on Gold Pass Refunds

Happy2BMommy0812

Mouseketeer
Soooo.......we have a 10 night DVC stay booked over thanksgiving. We were just going to buy 10 day tickets or an annual pass about 60 days before to allow for fastpasses, but clearly that has all gone out the window. Now we are stuck with a 10 day reservation and no tickets, meaning no ability to reserve park days next week.

With no tickets being sold, it looks like an option we do have is to buy gold passes now and link them to be ready for June 22. However, what if COVID hits hard and we end up not being able to go? I realize the annual pass could just stay in our account until another trip, but that a lot of money to be tied up in park tickets when I am unsure how long it would be until we travel again. If you have not used your annual passes and cancel your trip, does anyone know if refunds are possible?

Of note... We theoretically HAVE 2020 Gold passes. They were "extended", without our permission, despite numerous requests for partial refunds.

In the mean time, we bought two NEW Gold Passes - not renewals, NEW Gold passes that do not "start" until first use. 2021? Maybe. 2022? Perhaps. I need to show up at a functioning park to activate them. Call me when you have a functioning park.

Meanwhile? DW and I "have tickets" - which seems to be very important, going forward.

Of note... We theoretically HAVE 2020 Gold passes. They were "extended", without our permission, despite numerous requests for partial refunds.

In the mean time, we bought two NEW Gold Passes - not renewals, NEW Gold passes that do not "start" until first use. 2021? Maybe. 2022? Perhaps. I need to show up at a functioning park to activate them. Call me when you have a functioning park.

Meanwhile? DW and I "have tickets" - which seems to be very important, going forward.

How were you extended against your wishes? I thought everyone had the option to request partial refunds. DW & I are in the same boat - we have Gold Passes we used in the fall and over Marathon Weekend this year, and had one last trip planned for August, but cancelled that recently. An extension would likely do us no good, and we were planning on getting a partial refund but to date have received no information on how to request one. Did we miss an email or something about getting a refund vs. an extension?

How were you extended against your wishes? I thought everyone had the option to request partial refunds. DW & I are in the same boat - we have Gold Passes we used in the fall and over Marathon Weekend this year, and had one last trip planned for August, but cancelled that recently. An extension would likely do us no good, and we were planning on getting a partial refund but to date have received no information on how to request one. Did we miss an email or something about getting a refund vs. an extension?
They extended my APs as well without my say so. I called for the partial refund and was told it would be forthcoming. No money back thus far and yesterday my APs show a new expiration date. I certainly hope I get my money back. Spent over two hours on the phone with them to request that refund.

if you want a refund, you need to call them. The extension is the default solution.

They extended my APs as well without my say so. I called for the partial refund and was told it would be forthcoming. No money back thus far and yesterday my APs show a new expiration date. I certainly hope I get my money back. Spent over two hours on the phone with them to request that refund.

if you want a refund, you need to call them. The extension is the default solution.

Thanks for the information. Presumably due to everyone trying to make park reservations, I can't even see if our passes were extended. Depending on what the extension date is, I might actually use my Gold Pass again for Marathon Weekend if I can get into a race, but I missed out on initial registration. What a mess this whole thing is. I wonder if there's any sort of time limit to request a refund for my wife? I haven't got two hours to waste on the phone right now - hopefully an online option becomes available soon.

Thanks for the information. Presumably due to everyone trying to make park reservations, I can't even see if our passes were extended. Depending on what the extension date is, I might actually use my Gold Pass again for Marathon Weekend if I can get into a race, but I missed out on initial registration. What a mess this whole thing is. I wonder if there's any sort of time limit to request a refund for my wife? I haven't got two hours to waste on the phone right now - hopefully an online option becomes available soon.
Supposedly more information is coming in early July so you should still have a couple of weeks at a minimum.

So questions answered... Default: extension. Extension of no value? CALL CALL CALL.

Soooo.......we have a 10 night DVC stay booked over thanksgiving. We were just going to buy 10 day tickets or an annual pass about 60 days before to allow for fastpasses, but clearly that has all gone out the window. Now we are stuck with a 10 day reservation and no tickets, meaning no ability to reserve park days next week.

With no tickets being sold, it looks like an option we do have is to buy gold passes now and link them to be ready for June 22. However, what if COVID hits hard and we end up not being able to go? I realize the annual pass could just stay in our account until another trip, but that a lot of money to be tied up in park tickets when I am unsure how long it would be until we travel again. If you have not used your annual passes and cancel your trip, does anyone know if refunds are possible?

As I understand it, buying a ticket today from a third party like Undercover Tourist will still allow you to make park reservations. Make sense since from Disney's perspective these tickets were already purchased before the halt in ticket sales. Disney has no idea if the tickets sold to UT are still in their inventory, or in the hands of future guests.

Might want to check out UT and verify though!

As I understand it, buying a ticket today from a third party like Undercover Tourist will still allow you to make park reservations. Make sense since from Disney's perspective these tickets were already purchased before the halt in ticket sales. Disney has no idea if the tickets sold to UT are still in their inventory, or in the hands of future guests.

Might want to check out UT and verify though!

I could have been doing something wrong, but when I looked last week it seemed like UT ticket sales were suspended as well. So, it was a no go.

We bought gold passes right before they shut down sales. I feel pretty lucky we went for it!

I could have been doing something wrong, but when I looked last week it seemed like UT ticket sales were suspended as well. So, it was a no go.

We bought gold passes right before they shut down sales. I feel pretty lucky we went for it!

Lucky you then! We have gold passes that we planned on using for July 11-17 trip that we canceled, so at least for us the "timer" has yet to start on the passes so we can use them for our next visit in January.

Good part about the AP is that it's a reason to have to go more than one time per 12 months!

My worry is that even if you call, you won’t see your money. This whole thing feels like a fiasco.

This is my worry. We want to request the bigger refund option. They keep saying early July for more information but we are supposed to arrive 7/17. We are planning to go to Orlando no matter what but have a backup offsite reservation. If we can get a refund we won't use the passes. If we can't get a refund we will probably go the parks for a brief time. It is becoming a mess.

So worth asking, of others....

Is this a fake? Has Anyone seen a real rebate? Please tell us.
I was told I’d be getting a call from a cast member to arrive at a number for the refund. Once that was done, I am to expect a cheque in the mail. I paid cash for my passes (five of them!).

I was told I’d be getting a call from a cast member to arrive at a number for the refund. Once that was done, I am to expect a cheque in the mail. I paid cash for my passes (five of them!).
So thank you - but until someone gets Real Cash Back? I brand the rebate program a fake.

I would LOVE to be proven wrong :).

I think with all the new quarantines from certain states Disney is going to have to refund passes. It was a mess to begin with so I don't understand why Disney can't release more information. Or the the option to pause the AP. I would have taken that option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter