• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pokemon GO In the Parks?

I imagine there will be a lot of very weird trespassing as a result of this game =P

To be honest, I wondered if Disney might not have The Pokemon Company and Niantic (developers of the game itself) black out the parks-- suppose they still could in the future. They might not want to have to train face CMs to figure out how to respond to "there's a Pikachu on your shoulder!" or whatnot.

If they do, I hope it doesn't happen before my trip in October!

And on the other hand, it might not be possible. Folks in my area are confirming that the White House is a gym location. ;)

We just went up to University of Connecticut today to visit where we met for our anniversary. There were tons of pokemon there. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a lot at the parks or that the castle is a pokemon gym or a pokestop. Bet you could pick up a lot of water types near seven seas lagoon or crescent lake.

DS showed me lots of shots today of them in the parks, the Tree of Life and Everest were both "stops", not sure if he said gym or store. DS is of the Pokemon kids grown up, I never understood it just remember all the neighbor kids sitting around trading cards. I really have to wonder if today's kids even care about Pokemon .... if not lots of big kids are going to be out and about collecting them - hopefully not when they are driving. Quite a clever app.

Here are some from ATTRACTIONS MAGAZINE -

Banks Lee ‏@BanksLee 6h6 hours agoFlorida, USA
Spending some time at Animal Kingdom....Ponyta! That's the Tiger enclosure, what are you doing in there? #PokemonGO

CmxmjHHWIAArGRt.jpg

Attractions Magazine ‏@Attractions 6h6 hours ago
Did some walking around Animal Kingdom with the new #PokemonGO app.

CmxnBQhWAAINHZ6.jpg

CmxnBQzWYAEwZ3t.jpg

CmxnBSgWcAA8HFC.jpg

CmxnBXuWAAAU911.jpg

46 retweets111 likes

Attractions Magazine ‏@Attractions 19h19 hours agoFlorida, USA
We caught some Pokemon at Disney's Art of Animation using the new Pokemon GO app:

CmuswTXWIAAA6pE.jpg

I'll be in Epcot tomorrow. I'll let you know how it is.

Supposedly it's coded so that it can't be used while driving.

Well .............. I drug him around with me on errands today and he was picking them up as we drove. No way it knew I was driving.

We laughed that our local police station was a gym and he said he heard another police station was having lots coming inside ... they told them they could still do what they wanted outside the station.

Well .............. I drug him around with me on errands today and he was picking them up as we drove. No way it knew I was driving.

We laughed that our local police station was a gym and he said he heard another police station was having lots coming inside ... they told them they could still do what they wanted outside the station.
Ruh roh.

Thanks to CM friend being "global," reports are coming in from throughout the World: ToT is a gym and lots of Pokemon at POR.

Don't know about WDW but, dang, I'm exhausted from walking DD around the neighborhood to catch Pokemon and Poke stops (then had to walk 5 KM to get egg to hatch). Plus I had to stop a lot when driving to my mom's today too. This is gonna get old but may get my behind in shape!

Those photos are awesome!

Games can be used while driving, unfortunately. Hubs and I took separate cars this evening and u had to call and chastise him... He was driving very slow and a smidge wobbly, so I knew he was poking around at the game. He shaped up after the call, fortunately. :scared:

My son is going to be soo excited!! He has been waiting for this to come out and came running downstairs after a friend texted it was out. I had to drive him around last night to do this. It is going to be so awesome at Disney! :)

Those photos are awesome!

Games can be used while driving, unfortunately. Hubs and I took separate cars this evening and u had to call and chastise him... He was driving very slow and a smidge wobbly, so I knew he was poking around at the game. He shaped up after the call, fortunately. :scared:

LOL I hear you! I'm trying to drive and my son is saying go slower, turn here, turn there. Fortunately, there were not many people on the road.

Oh yes kids are interested in Pokeman still. Now I am torn about telling DD about this, Dare I? I am thinking no.

We played it tonight. First one we found in our home and then drove around and found 10 more. We know we weren't the only ones too. At several stops, there were people looking at their phones and then leaving. DD can't wait to play again tomorrow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter