• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Points for rent only: 137 June use year $18/pt with option to borrow more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the reply!

Does this mean it will be 151 pts times $18 per point and that is the price?

I've been doing lots of research and some DVC owners provide contracts for rental. Do your provide that to?

Of course, I am super nervous about this as it is a big sum of $$ traded.
Yes 151 * 18 = 2718. We can discuss what you need for feeling secure about it as in essence yes I'm honoring a contract as we discussed. I can type something up more formal if you'd like but you will get a reservation number which you are free to verify before you send any payment. We are not businesses we are private individuals. I'll be happy to provide a phone number if we connect via email that I sent you since you cannot PM if speaking with me might give you more confidence/trust. Not willing to post the phone number here in public forum. I've rented for years and have many happy customers so I can try to put you in contact with some of them too.

TL:DR You will not send any money until you receive confirmation of your reservation. I can type up something "contracty" if you want, but regardless of who gives you these in the end it's a transaction that is based on trust. Even with the contract an owner who wanted to be nefarious could just cancel the reservation on you and rebook points elsewhere. The contract does not transfer any ownership of the reservation as DVC does not work that way. We own the reservation you are just booked as our guest to use the room. I'm just being as honest as I can.

As an added note, these unit rent for MUCH more. I just checked disney.com for your dates and it would be $1,353 per night so folks find renting point from a DVC owner such as myself are much more economical. I have been an owner since 2001 so again very familiar with all aspects and will continue to answer questions as you need along the way, but it's all actually very simple.

1696773152599.png

ETA: 9:49AM ET. I will be at church service for a bit starting at 10 today if we do not connect before that, but will do my best to be responsive today to try to get this resolved for you. Thanks for your time.

Last edited:
Thank you for your time and for being so responsive and providing all the detailed info.

You've been very helpful and done all you can to calm my nerves haha. Will have to discuss with my family and see how we want to move forward.

I'll let you know soon.

Thank you for your time and for being so responsive and providing all the detailed info.

You've been very helpful and done all you can to calm my nerves haha. Will have to discuss with my family and see how we want to move forward.

I'll let you know soon.
As I said, would be best to connect in a way we can share info more directly, so please respond to the fincoach e-mail above when you can. If I seem eager to move forward it is simply because this transaction would take care of the point I am looking to rent this year and I can stop monitoring this thread. :) So always excited to have a reservation that will give folks a wonderful vacation and also take care of using the points I have to rent instead of having them go to waste. I will dip into some of my current use year point to get us to that 151 (or can handle the 195 if you chose to splurge for a savanna view. Having stayed in a savanna room a few times it is nice but understand if the extra money breaks the budget).

As I said, would be best to connect in a way we can share info more directly, so please respond to the fincoach e-mail above when you can. If I seem eager to move forward it is simply because this transaction would take care of the point I am looking to rent this year and I can stop monitoring this thread. :) So always excited to have a reservation that will give folks a wonderful vacation and also take care of using the points I have to rent instead of having them go to waste. I will dip into some of my current use year point to get us to that 151 (or can handle the 195 if you chose to splurge for a savanna view. Having stayed in a savanna room a few times it is nice but understand if the extra money breaks the budget).

Unfortunately, I think we will have to hold off for now as we are still unsure if we want to go yet (Disney is expensive! 😆).

Again, thank you so much for your time and for being so nice to this first timer that knows nothing.

Unfortunately, I think we will have to hold off for now as we are still unsure if we want to go yet (Disney is expensive! 😆).

Again, thank you so much for your time and for being so nice to this first timer that knows nothing.
Sad to hear but I understand. If you do return feel free to ping me and see if I have points to rent. Happy to help out when I can.

Hello!
I’m looking for Wilderness Lodge, Copper Creek or Boulder Ridge
January 15 check in
January 17 check out
Studio
2 Adults
Fingers crossed!

Hi! Looking for Boulder Ridge 1 brdm 12/23/23-12/26/23 (3 nights - 130pts) would you be willing to take $16pp?
First off those 3 nights are not available, missing 1 night. Also that is the most expensive season if you travel to Disney and the $18/pt is already on the low end of what most renters offer, so would need to stick with 18 as I also have nearly 9 months to rent the points so not willing to take even less. If you want to switch resorts I can see if I can find the other night somewhere else but given this is the busiest time and you are asking barely two months out may not be possible. Not wanting a studio helps you.

I am looking for anything in Disneyland for June 23-26th of next year! Not sure how the points transfer to those resorts as it is my first time looking to rent into California! There are only 3 of us. 2 adults and 1 kid.

Thank you!

I am looking for anything in Disneyland for June 23-26th of next year! Not sure how the points transfer to those resorts as it is my first time looking to rent into California! There are only 3 of us. 2 adults and 1 kid.

Thank you!
So with a June use year the points handle up to May 31. After that I'm into the next use year. which I was not planning on renting yet (as we may choose to do something with those points ourselves), but am willing to discuss to see if it makes sense for both of us.

There is no transferring of points, They are all DVC, does not matter where they physically are. Same as going to Hilton Head, Hawaii or Vero Beach. DVC points work at any DVC resort globally.

At this time all accommodation types are available in California for your dates. I see you are new so cannot PM so if you want to e-mail me at fincoachcle@gmail.com we can get into more details than either of us would post publicly (names addresses, talk about agreement details, payment etc.).

Love to check into your rental needs. Experienced renter of many years with many happy customers! Please PM me for your needs!

Hi, are there any 2 bdrms available at BCV from Mon, Jul 29, 2024 – Fri, Aug 2, 2024? (132 pts)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter