POFQ Transportation

cjnettles

Mouseketeer
Was wondering if anyone had stayed at POFQ lately and could tell me if the bus service has improved. We stayed two summer ago, and it was awful. Love the boat ride to Disney Springs, and the smallness of the resort, but that bus service sends me running. Have you had a good experience you can tell me about?

Thanks,
CJ

think it depends upon when you go - some have reported that POFQ now that is own bus - others say it still shares with POR.

In late January, early February, the bus system was great at POFQ. The only bus we shared during the seven days was the one time we took the bus to DS instead of the boat. Since it was just my cousin and I, we used the buses as various times of the day and never shared. The longest wait we had was about 30 minutes once leaving MK late, but other than that, most waits were 20 minutes or less.

Always take the boat to DS from POFQ unless it is not running or someone is afraid of boats.

Thanks, for your responses, I had hoped it had gotten better. With the construction at CSR, was thinking about moving, and I really like POFQ. Of course, the only way to really know it is try it for myself.

Buses are hit or miss and it does not matter what resort you stay at and if you had a good or bad experience one trip, it can be the complete opposite the next time. We no longer even consider the transportation when selecting a resort. All-in-all I think Disney does a great job with their transportation and that's coming from a family that drives and has their van available but just sits in the resorts parking lot. LOL

Buses are hit or miss and it does not matter what resort you stay at and if you had a good or bad experience one trip, it can be the complete opposite the next time. We no longer even consider the transportation when selecting a resort. All-in-all I think Disney does a great job with their transportation and that's coming from a family that drives and has their van available but just sits in the resorts parking lot. LOL
Yes, we only live 2 1/2 hours away, and drive, but we don't like to move our car once we arrive. We have always had the best bus service at CSR, kind of gotten spoiled, lol... Never any problems there. But with the construction, just not sure I want to stay there or not. Decisions, decisions...

think it depends upon when you go - some have reported that POFQ now that is own bus - others say it still shares with POR.
Depends on the park and time of day. For MK we only shared in very early AM (6:45) . The next day we left around 8:00 & had our own bus. Checkout www.portorleans.org , they have a breakdown of the bus for both POFQ & POR. The boat to DS no longer is shared starting around 5:00( or a little earlier)

We stayed at POFQ in January and had a really great bus experience. We only shared with POR once, and that was coming back pretty late from MK one night. Even that time wasn't too bad because POFQ got dropped off first. We never shared in the mornings, and we were at the bus stop an hour, maybe an hour and 15 min, before rope drop.

We LOVED the boat service to Disney Springs.

I have always had good bus service at POFQ and I agree that you can have a bad bus experience at any resort, even the deluxes. And sometimes the monorails break down. But overall, I think POFQ is good and they don't share with POR.

We have stayed at CSR 10 times now, I had conferences there yearly:) And most of our trips the buses were very good but we also had some awful days too. I can honestly say that in all our 30+ trips that we have been lucky enough to never had a stay where most of the days we had transportation issues. But also, we like to use common sense and try not to leave when the majority of people leave the parks etc. We have always had better luck with Mod buses then the buses at the Deluxe resorts. And our family will always remember being stuck in the Red monorail car, with standing room only, for 4 hours in the middle of the night:crazy2: We have learned not to let the times that transportation is late to even bother us anymore. We spend the time talking about our trip or playing games, Disney Heads Up is a lot of fun. It just makes the time past so much faster. Have a great trip no matter where you stay. They are both wonderful resorts.

the deluxe resorts have the worst bus transportation. MK resorts are good for MK and Epcot - using the monorails. Epcot resorts are good for DHS and Epcot using boats or walking. OKW and SSR is good for DS either walking, boating or taking the bus. no one has good service to AK.

We stayed there two years ago also and didn't have any problems! we stayed in October so maybe it just wasn't so busy? we are going back this September and plan on using the bus system again....I hope it's still good. Hope it works out for you too! Have fun!

Honestly, it won't matter what someone else's bus experience was. You could have a totally different experience even if you were there at the same exact time.
Buses are the same at every single resort, all the time
They run about every 20 min. It's not exact, never will be. But that's a good avg. Some faster, some slower.
If you have the bad luck to walk up to a stop right as you see a bus pull away you will report that your waits for the bus were awful.
Someone that walked up 5 min before you and got on the bus just before it pulled away will report that they never waited and had great buses.
Same resort, same day.
That's why every resort has reports that it's got the best bus service and every resort has reports that it's got the worse bus service.

Honestly, it won't matter what someone else's bus experience was. You could have a totally different experience even if you were there at the same exact time.
They run about every 20 min.

Well I disagree with this. I also think that the deluxe resorts are worse in terms of bus service. We've had many waits of longer than 20 minutes; more like 45 minutes at times.

I think the time of day makes a difference. They have a lot of buses going to the resorts in the morning, and more leaving later afternoon, late evening. So if you are travelling against the tide, you will probably wait longer because Disney has determined that they don't need as many buses this time of day.

They run about every 20 min. It's not exact, never will be. But that's a good avg. Some faster, some slower.
If you have the bad luck to walk up to a stop right as you see a bus pull away you will report that your waits for the bus were awful.
Someone that walked up 5 min before you and got on the bus just before it pulled away will report that they never waited and had great buses.
Same resort, same day.
That's why every resort has reports that it's got the best bus service and every resort has reports that it's got the worse bus service.

This! :thumbsup2

4 trips to POFQ, 2013-14-15-16, twice in early Feb, twice in April post-Easter, and I have been quite happy with bus service. We did occasionally share with POR at low-traffic times of day, but that really doesn't bother me. When sharing, POFQ was always first on/first off. One year, one morning, there was an isolated incident where an Epcot bus was stopped with some problem and no other buses were allowed to go around it, and after waiting a while with no resolution, a bunch of us walked to POR to catch a bus there. That sort of thing could happen anywhere.

This year I stayed at POP for the first time. Bus service was all good with only one issue: had to wait 25-30 minutes to leave DHS at noon one day. Again, just "one of those things."

IMO, between my limited experience and a lot I've read here, I think bus service to DTD-now-DS is always a pain.

We were just at POR last week & I can tell you that leaving parks was a mess! There was no "about 20 min" - it was way longer! POFQ barely ever had anyone in line & had more buses come thru. It was almost obscene!! After over an hour & half of waiting the POFQ bus would finally pick up the 4 people in their line & come get some from our line. If I had to pick between the 2 based just on the bus service I witnessed leaving the parks I'd stay at POFQ!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter