POFQ or POR

poppyseedjrh

Earning My Ears
I wonder what opinions you have about which would be a better choice for us. I like the idea of POFQ because it is smaller and I hear that it is quiet. But POR has quiet pools and more activities. We are thinking about a longer stay so the fact that POR has more activities sounds appealing. I'm not sure how I feel about how big it is. Are both resorts equally quiet?

I've stayed at both. I like POFQ better for the size...it is smaller and a very relaxing resort. POR is very big so you may want to choose if you don't mind long walks or want to pay for preferred to be close to pool/dining/bus...POR has a sit down restaurant...which is the main advantage over POFQ if that is something you want. As to activities...the only thing I can think of POR has that POFQ does not is the fishing excursion...POFQ has movies under the stars and a painting class...both have large fun pools but POR has smaller pools in various sections...both have bars with live entertainment...the best part of either resort, you can take advantage of the facilities at either resort...so you can't go wrong with either choice!

I love POR with all its lush landscaping and large pool. I have also swam in their quiet pools and we have often been the only ones there. i really like their store and their food court. But, it is large. We have always been lucky to get a room fairly close to the main buildings and a bus stop, which is a must for me. I try to book a preferred room as it quaranteed to be close. I have stayed in the mansions and the bayou section and while both are wonderful, I love the bayou the best. I have never stayed at POFQ but had it booked for Nov 2020, but unfortunately, had to cancel due to covid. I booked that one just to experience a different resort (always stay at POR) and because of the size and the great reviews. Wherever you decide, make sure to take the water taxi to Disney Springs. It is beautiful at night and very relaxing!

POR in a heartbeat over pofq but ONLY preferred and we ask for 14/18 AB. truly a beautiful resort with a varied food court, restaurant on premise, 2 good bars, many Quiet pools!! And it’s simply beautiful especially at night. Either of course has the boat to DS which is both a lovely relaxing ride and opens a myriad of food shopping and other options. My main issue with pofq has always been the food court which is more limited, also has small store.. 1 pool that is very kiddie Wherever you choose, enjoy!

As long as we get a quiet pool view room we can't complain. Good for when we get back late night and just want a beer (from GG) and float in a cool pool.

Yehaa Bob also a plus.

Is Bob coming back?
He mentioned on one of his Facebook shows probably three weeks after reopen. I got this on here so take it for what it's worth. I can't imagine getting back at 10 o'clock on a Friday from parks and not seeing him in the roost. Just not POR without a fun night with him. We even pay for their beer to watch him.

We have stayed at both and found each one were very quiet and absolutely loved them! For POR we were in a Royal room which is in the mansion section and it was a short walk to the food court. We had no issues with the bus system. We did not use the pools or do activities so can’t comment on that we pretty much are at the parks open to close every day every few years when we visit. You can’t go wrong with whichever you choose. Good luck!

We prefer Riverside. I love the mansion section with the buildings along the river. So relaxing. We get the standard room (not Royal) and they’re located in Acadian and Magnolia buildings. I ask for a room location close to the foot bridge and that’s very close to main pool and main buildings. I’m not overly fond of AB section rooms.

I like French Quarter better for the theming, how the resort buildings look like a neighborhood in New Orleans. It's also smaller and requires less walking!

But Riverside has the better pool, so I will use it if I have the time to go over there.

I've only stayed at POFQ and walked over to POR, and I have to say POFQ seemed better to us. It is small, quiet, but the theming felt a lot more fun than POR. If you have kids they might enjoy POFQ more just for the atmosphere.

I've stayed in both places. With riverside, I feel like location matters more than anything else. I booked preferred and we were in Alligator Bayou WHICH I ADORED.
At POFQ there is no such thing as bad location as far as distance is concerned. Even the furthest building is like a 5 minute walk...10 if you really take your time.

Since I'm still in stroller land, I prefer POFQ right now but wouldn't turn down POR.

I always stay at POFQ but love the look of POR (it's just too large) but you can use the pool at both hotels, love taking the boat down to DS and the walk along the river to POR....no matter which one you stay at..I'm pretty sure your going to love it !!

I like both. I like walking between them. I find both to be quiet when it comes to the rooms. However, POR is the bigger of the two, so their food court can be quite hectic in the morning...that said, I tend to like the food offerings at this food court as opposed to the one at POFQ..so if I'm staying at POFQ, I usually take the lovely stroll in the AM to POR for breakfast.

Personally I like the theming of the Bayou buildings the best of the 3 types in the POR/POFQ resorts.

A couple pluses for POFQ is transportation....
closer to boat to Disney Springs (although I love the walk over from POR if I'm staying there...so I guess if you're not into walking this might be an issue) and I really like the one bus stop at POFQ as opposed to multiple at POR. I've seen people say that sometimes the resorts share a bus, but it's never happened to me before.

I think you'll like either resort...have a great trip!

I'm staying at POFQ for 10 days this coming Nov/Dec!:yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter