podcast today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mostly don't disagree with anything you said Craig and 100% you deserved a vacation. There is no question you are the backbone of the channel, even in my first thread about this issue I made a point to say there is no question you work incredibly hard and my comments didn't apply to you. I also don't want to argue with you because at least you came to the boards to answer questions, which is more than the rest of the team could do. Thank you for showing up. I really liked the clarity your list format gave your message, I am going to steal it okay?

This was the third week it seemed reasonable to believe there would be Wish content on either the main or DCL discussion show and nothing for various reasons. Tuesday, the 5th, Pete purposely “saved” it for the Patreon after show and this is where it all went sideways IMO.

First, if Patreon is truly bonus content, the main show should not appear different. By Pete clearly stating in the main show they are saving something, a big news story like the Wish it does change what content is on the main show. That is taking something that pre-Patreon would have been covered in the main show. I don't believe that was your decision, so again, it's not up to you to explain.

Secondly, my contention was I believe the access the Dis received to the Wish before a public sailing, was based on the size of the full YT audience and Dreams clients so Wish content never should have been exclusive Patreon content. It's not even about the monetary value of all the rooms being comped, it was about even being granted the access to see it. I noticed other Disney influencers with large audiences who weren't invited. Maybe I am wrong and Disney thinks of the DisUnplugged Patreons as some uber special VIP fan group they want to reach.

To take something the fan base and clients enabled the Dis to get and then try and use it to drum up Patreons subscribers was not cool IMO. It wasn't your decision, that was Pete's, I don't expect you to defend it.

Third, I do think news gets dated and stops being relevant very quickly, just as you mentioned the question whether to finish 2 Dudes and a Cruise. I feel like reporting on the christening cruise (did they even break a real bottle?) could have been done that first Tuesday, not as a reivew, but as a report. To now do so in the future, record what things on the ship were open or not, for example, would just be outdated info. Again, you were on a well deserved vacation and it was up to the rest of the team to do so.

In Pete's mind it made sense to wait to share his thoughts publicly since he was going again so soon , for some of the team who won't return to the Wish for months/years, it wasn't just delaying the trip reports, some of the details and anecdotes are already faded. It's not just about delaying it to give an early access to Patreon, some of it is just lost, IMO. I wish Pete would have let those who weren't returning to the Wish go ahead on that first Tuesday when their experience and memories were freshest.

I would have LOVED to have heard Deni’s take before she left and wish something had been filmed with her last week before her last day. I think this was a missed opportunity. Of course, you were on vacation, but it was a miss for those still around to not realize the fans would have loved that and captured it.

If the Dis had done something like, a nominal donation to GKTW to get early access to a full Wish special episode, in line with them being the Wish godchildren, that would have been completely different.

You explained about the Wish content filming schedule on the discussion shows which was mostly what I was looking for. Thank you. I am glad you finally got a vacation. I know it may sound insincere after this long post but I fully do appreciate that the content would probably fall apart without you. If the team can't even manage a simple "no show today" courtesy message without you, it shows you are really carrying more than your share.

And also, congratulations on the baby.

Last edited:
Well there was a recent DCL podcast the last couple of days. However it wasn't for the Wish
but for the Alaska cruises.

I know not the same but thought they gave good thoughts/opinions for DCL Alaska cruises. Mainly
if they are worth higher markup. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter