podcast restaurant pricing increases, ya know

miss missy

Is this the Dis Board Desperate Housewives?!
This weeks podcast talks about restaurant pricing increases. I am also listening to the podcast for 9-18-07 ("The Corey Horey" episode) on my iPod (a true addict has a set up for every situation!) and they talked about the increases for Holiday time periods. On the 9/18 podcast, Kevin says hey go to the Epcot, Norway and do the Princess Storybook Dining which is not increasing, better food and for less money.

Fast forward... today's podcast, they talk about how the Princess Storybook Dining is now making the photo part of the price, adding to that the Holiday increase, it is now 43% more now. So now that little trick is gone. :sad1: It seems whenever we find a deal, they find a way to make that deal go away
:(

I share your pain and disappoint. :sad1:

I would also add that when Disney says the price increase is based on customer demand they are not speaking of the guests demanding the price go up. Disney is merely saying since the restaurant is constantly at capacity the price will increase. They are meaning supply and demand, not customer feedback.

Bottom line is if theme park attendance continues to rise and the restaurants keep getting filled prices will continue to increase.

What I don't like is that disney introduces the Disney Dining Plan to fill their restaurants and then raises the prices because of demand. It's almost like a manipulation of Disney guests who don't choose to use the Dining Plan.

Just my 2 cents.

I share your pain and disappoint. :sad1:

I would also add that when Disney says the price increase is based on customer demand they are not speaking of the guests demanding the price go up. Disney is merely saying since the restaurant is constantly at capacity the price will increase. They are meaning supply and demand, not customer feedback.

Bottom line is if theme park attendance continues to rise and the restaurants keep getting filled prices will continue to increase.

What I don't like is that disney introduces the Disney Dining Plan to fill their restaurants and then raises the prices because of demand. It's almost like a manipulation of Disney guests who don't choose to use the Dining Plan.

Just my 2 cents.

yep!

Dining at Disney has gotten to almost be a scam.

I never thought I would say that. :sad1:

Sooner or later it has to come back and bite them

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter