Podcast Cruise 3.0 - 06/24/2012

Last summer, I was on the Dream with my entire family, and my parents were very generously paying for the entire trip. As a result, I was very reluctant to spend money on the ship for anything that I didn't consider essential, which meant that I was trying to make do with the Nescafe "coffee" each morning. Over breakfast one day, my dad asked me if I knew about the Cove Cafe, and I told him that I didn't want him to have to pay for it. He told me that every since we had come on board, I had been irritable and cranky every morning, and he was convinced it was because I wasn't getting decent coffee. He told me, "It'll well be worth $5 per day if it means you won't be such a jerk before noon."

Message received, and one latte later, I was my usual smiling self again. :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

I totally get where you are coming from! This will be my first Disney cruise, but I have been on many other cruises, and they all have yucky coffee. So, on my last cruise I brought those Starbucks VIO packs along with me. I just got hot water(for tea) and used the VIO. Well, it was SOOOO much better, and I was a much happier cruiser :cool1:

Checking the calendar....

Its Cruise Month!!!!

So at the Senses Spa, what is free and what exactly costs extra? Well, besides massages and facials, I know that that is extra. I'm wondering about the other spa ammenities? Thanks

Thank you, thank you! Hitting our Disney Store tomorrow to pick 'em up for the kiddos and the MIL...

XO
Liz

We're almost there, Liz!!!!! Walked this morning and hoping to get up in time before it rains to walk some more!

Just finished our FE gifts and they are bagged and boxed!!!!! Gotta put the final touches on the actual FE but it looks like we'll have lots of rain here this weekend to get it done!

TTFN :tigger:

I wish we would get rain, its 110 right now at 5 pm in Phoenix!!!!! Too Hot!!

We're almost there, Liz!!!!! Walked this morning and hoping to get up in time before it rains to walk some more!

Just finished our FE gifts and they are bagged and boxed!!!!! Gotta put the final touches on the actual FE but it looks like we'll have lots of rain here this weekend to get it done!

TTFN :tigger:

Yaaaaaaay! <---Kermit arms :yay:

I got in a walk/run this morning before the weather went south...we had a ton of rain and all sorts of tornado/thunderstorm warnings. Our tornado watch goes until 9pm, and then hopefully we're in the clear. Our weather radios are going crazy today!

Three weeks from right now, we'll be on the road... :banana:

XO
Liz

Decisions, Decisions! What lanyard to take...

269391_3221062681587_984055855_n.jpg

Woo! Getting excited for the cruise coming up! Hope to see some familiar and new faces again!

So who has started putting together packing lists? Been working on mine already!

Decisions, Decisions! What lanyard to take...

We've decided on the Platinum Castaway lanyards we received as a gift from Barb and Tony (of The Barb and Tony Suite) on PCC 2.0. They lend an air of mystery to us when we mention that it's only our third cruise! :thumbsup2

--H

So at the Senses Spa, what is free and what exactly costs extra? Well, besides massages and facials, I know that that is extra. I'm wondering about the other spa ammenities? Thanks

All of the salon and spa treatments (and access to the Rainforest Room) have a cost. The only things that are free would be the fitness center and the locker rooms, which have a sauna.

There was a separate thread about this, but it didn't appear to be getting much traction, so I thought I'd post here on the main thread to see if there was more interest.

The idea is that we'd schedule about an hour (usually in the afternoon on the sea day, but that's open to discussion) to go around and visit the staterooms of other cruisers. It's a great opportunity to take a look at other room categories to help with future cruise planning. You go around as a large group so you have the chance to see all of the rooms, and anyone can participate.

We're fortunate enough to be staying in the Walt Disney suite on this cruise, and we'd be more than happy to open that up to anyone who wants to take a peek. The goal would be to have every stateroom category (at least every number, even if we don't get every A, B, and C) represented. We did this on the maiden voyage of the Dream, and it was a lot of fun!

If you're interested in opening up your room, please either post here or send me a PM. And even if you don't feel like sharing your room, you're welcome to walk around and see the others. To be honest, we don't need to see 10 rooms all of the same category, so we might choose some that provide the easiest travel path (i.e., not walking from one end of the ship to the other between each room).

Tentatively interested in a stateroom tour, for sure! We're in 10100 (a 4A, right?). We have no idea of our schedule, except for a spa and Remy date - let us know when you're going!

XO
Liz

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter