Podcast crew gay wedding help

starlucks

Earning My Ears
Hi!

So the title was slightly used just to get your attention.
But do have a question completely related to it!

So i have written in an email to the podcast team asking this, but my trip is coming up and I'd like to get help and answers any way i can! And since the podcast team are experts and a there's a couple of gay guys in there I figure they're the best to answer, but anyone's help is much appreciated!

So my bf and I are leaving Sydney, Australia to head over to WDW in 4 weeks, and while we're there I want to 'pop the question'. So I've made an ADR for California Grill one night, have dinner, watch wishes, then head to Pleasure island for a while. In the meantime I've arranged for some flowers and champagne to be delivered to our room at POR, with an attached card asking him to marry me.

SO here's where I need suggestions. I remember Julie answered a listener email where she supplied an email address to make their night at CG special. Does anyone know the details?

Being two guys, we'd both feel uncomfortable for there to be any kind of attention brought to us getting engaged. I know it's all fine and we're not at all ashamed, but we also don't want to have a spotlight shone on us...So that's why I don't want to pop the question in public. But I would like for it to be a special evening. So is there anything that could be done?

So, does anyone have any suggestions? That email address? Maybe something I haven't thought of? please let me know as I want this to be really memorable.

Thanks so much for your help, I've been listening to the podcast for over a year now and I have learnt so much. I know this is really going to be the trip of our life!

Thanks,
Starlucks :)

You could do it on the viewing area outside of CG. Less people would be there and you could even wait until Wishes was over and you were alone.

I'd try calling guest services directly and the resort manager to let them know about your plans:

Guest Information
(407) 939-6244

Sounds so very romantic :lovestruc ---I love your plan!!

I don't have any suggestions but wanted to say congratulations!! DH proposed to me at the wishing well beside the castle in the MK, we were married at WDW this past summer.

Anywhere/anyway you do it.....it will be special and memorable!

there are two observation deck things... the one that opens up out of the main dining room... and one that opens up off some of the private dining rooms, kinda around where the bathrooms are. are you come off the elevator is your take a left, and head back, that observation deck tends to get less crowded than the one off the main dining room.

And this isn't by chance on a thursday night is it?

observationdeck.JPG.jpg

The observation deck on the left is the less crowded.

Congratulations......be sure to come back here and post all the details!!

At POR they do a horse and carridge ride around the resort...this could be a nice private way to propose to him then go for the meal at CG and watch wishes.

However you propose it will be special. Good luck and have a great trip!

Congratulations......be sure to come back here and post all the details!!

At POR they do a horse and carridge ride around the resort...this could be a nice private way to propose to him then go for the meal at CG and watch wishes.

However you propose it will be special. Good luck and have a great trip!

I second this idea!! Congratulations!! Please let us know how things went. :wizard:

Shannon

congrats! I did the same thing to my bf in front of the partner's statue at MK. I'm kind of the opposite. After being so angry about the way WI deals with gay people, I'm rather open about it when I'm at DisneyWorld because if people stare I always feel like the cast members have my back(not to mention I AM one, so that's a double plus)

To answer your question, make sure you tell the person on the reservation line about it. Don't be afraid to tell people. They have a couple special seats they hold specifically for anniversaries and things of that nature. If you let them know, they will give you that seat and even if they are 40 min behind in reservations, I think they still hold that table(or at least it seemed like they did for us)

Read my TR in my sig and maybe you can get some cool ideas! Maybe you could look into a wishes fireworks cruise :-) Just the two of you and a driver on the lake watching wishes, how much more magic can there be?? hehe

No matter how you decide to do it, I'm fully confident that if you let Disney know, they will come through for you and it'll be special. There is no better place in the world to celebrate anything.

Congratulations!!! I love the carriage ride idea or the fireworks cruise idea, both are very romantic. :lovestruc

Hi!

So my bf and I are leaving Sydney, Australia to head over to WDW in 4 weeks, and while we're there I want to 'pop the question'.

Congratulations to both of you.

Congrats!! Sounds wonderful!

Remeber to write a trip report so we can share the magic ;) :wizard:

I agree about the carriage ride! Very romantic! Either way congrats and let us know the details!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter